Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I sure hope this doesn't change my Taycan 4S delivery date.

https://apple.news/AQtLIipenT0Wvqld1gEi3KQ
IIRC, our cars are due to arrive here in the US at the same time so I echo your concern. My car is scheduled to officially receive a production date this week and actual production is supposed to begin next week. If those milestones hold that would be a good sign.

My hope is that vehicles already in the pipeline won't be affected by the shortages and that the effects won't begin to be felt for a while. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
I also have my fingers crossed that my late May delivery date won't be delayed.

I am curious, does the Taycan have more microelectronic chips in it than a 911?

Cheers!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also have my fingers crossed that my late May delivery date won't be delayed.

I am curious, does the Taycan have more microelectronic chips in it than a 911?

Cheers!
I hope we all get lucky! As to your microchip question, if I had to guess I would say yes but I really have no idea.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: FWIW, my order officially reached the "Scheduled for Production" milestone today with production still slated to begin on March 5. Hoping this is a good sign with respect to any potential delays due to parts shortages.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Update: FWIW, my order officially reached the "Scheduled for Production" milestone today with production still slated to begin on March 5. Hoping this is a good sign with respect to any potential delays due to parts shortages.
I hit scheduled for production on 2/22 and my vehicle entry to body shop is also 3/5. Interesting.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Mike in CA when were your V250 and V260 planned dates?

Last edited:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Mike in CA when were your V250 and V260 planned dates?
V250 was originally planned for 2/26/21 and was reached on 2/23/21.
V260 was originally planned for 3/5/21 and so far that date has not changed on the My Porsche tracking site.

Last edited:

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
V250 was originally planned for 2/26/21 and was reached on 2/23/21.
V260 was originally planned for 3/5/21 and so far that date has not changed on the My Porsche tracking site.
Oh nice I have the same planned dates. And what tracking site on My Porsche are you referring to? I would love to be able to pull this info without bugging my rep.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh nice I have the same planned dates. And what tracking site on My Porsche are you referring to? I would love to be able to pull this info without bugging my rep.
You should have received a welcome e-mail from Porsche after your order was accepted with a link that takes you to the my.porsche.com login portal. There you can find all of the dates and info for the different steps in your car's build process as well as a world map that will show where your car is on it's journey to you. FWIW, I've actually been getting a welcome e-mail almost every day since I placed my order; some kind of glitch in the system.

Anyway, my.porsche.com is the same place where you would have saved the configurations you built. If you haven't established an account yet you can go there directly and do it now. However, the tracking info on your order may not appear given that it sounds like you never got the welcome e-mail. This might mean your dealer didn't complete a step in communicating your info to Porsche. If you haven't received the welcome notice, you should ask your dealer why.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You should have received a welcome e-mail from Porsche after your order was accepted with a link that takes you to the my.porsche.com login portal. There you can find all of the dates and info for the different steps in your car's build process as well as a world map that will show where your car is on it's journey to you. FWIW, I've actually been getting a welcome e-mail almost every day since I placed my order; some kind of glitch in the system.

Anyway, my.porsche.com is the same place where you would have saved the configurations you built. If you haven't established an account yet you can go there directly and do it now. However, the tracking info on your order may not appear given that it sounds like you never got the welcome e-mail. This might mean your dealer didn't complete a step in communicating your info to Porsche. If you haven't received the welcome notice, you should ask your dealer why.
hmm maybe I never received a welcome email because I already have an account from previously owning a Panamera?

I’ll ask my dealer if there’s anything they can do to register my order with my account.

thanks!

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
hmm maybe I never received a welcome email because I already have an account from previously owning a Panamera?

I’ll ask my dealer if there’s anything they can do to register my order with my account.

thanks!
Apologies for continuing the off-topic excursion, but I will post a copy of this in the Waiting Room thread.

I have been in a similar situation, but I am a first-time Porsche customer. I ordered my TT in early December 2020. After seeing the news this year that "Track Your Dream" is now active for Taycan (it was only for 911 before), my dealership said they thought I should have gotten an email invite for it, but didn't seem to know anything about getting it set up for me.

So, I finally called Porsche NA (800-PORSCHE) and chose tech support. While the human rep was looking me up (name, phone, and email), they first said they thought it was active only for 911, but then when they accessed my account (and some other info?), they said yes, it's for 911 and Taycan owners, and they started an activation process for me to get the invite email "within three business days". So, now I'm waiting to receive the invite email, and will update this when I get it. Meanwhile, I suggest you also try the call to Porsche NA.

Last edited:

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apologies for continuing the off-topic excursion, but I will post a copy of this in the Waiting Room thread.

I have been in a similar situation, but I am a first-time Porsche customer. I ordered my TT in early December 2020. After seeing the news this year that "Track Your Dream" is now active for Taycan (it was only for 911 before), my dealership said they thought I should have gotten an email invite for it, but didn't seem to know anything about getting it set up for me.

So, I finally called Porsche NA (800-PORSCHE) and chose tech support. While the human rep was looking me up (name, phone, and email), they first said they thought it was active only for 911, but then when they accessed my account (and some other info?), they said yes, it's for 911 and Taycan owners, and they started an activation process for me to get the invite email "within three business days". So, now I'm waiting to receive the invite email, and will update this when I get it. Meanwhile, I suggest you also try the call to Porsche NA.
@faroutinNM thanks for the heads up! just got off the phone with Porsche NA and they had my commission number linked to my account already so the customer support rep is going to send my info off to the dept that handles the Track Your Dream process.
Sponsored