snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update....some progress....work on battery done, resealed, re-install in progress.

Tay.png
Interesting picture. I can' help but wonder if they have a little towing vehicle to move this bad boy. Apparently it weighs 1,388 pounds (630 kg), and I see a tow bar on the front.

I'm not impressed with the sealing that was done. You would think that the surface that connects directly to the top of the battery will require them to slice off all of the excess sealant. Unless of course there is a gap of some sort.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Interesting picture. I can' help but wonder if they have a little towing vehicle to move this bad boy. Apparently it weighs 1,388 pounds (630 kg), and I see a tow bar on the front.

I'm not impressed with the sealing that was done. You would think that the surface that connects directly to the top of the battery will require them to slice off all of the excess sealant. Unless of course there is a gap of some sort.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
So.....aparently....on completion of cell work, and for re-assembly, the top plate is held by six techs and lowered into place. This has to be done inside a set number of minutes after the seal is prepared. Each of the plate bolt tops are covered in the sealant.....apparently plenty of sealant is not a problem.
Back in my garage. A normal charge uneventful.
My wife has her car back.
Porsche Taycan Yuk…… disgusting sight ….. Electrical System Error tay-winter-2000x1339

OP
OP
CaliPorsche

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
So.....aparently....on completion of cell work, and for re-assembly, the top plate is held by six techs and lowered into place. This has to be done inside a set number of minutes after the seal is prepared. Each of the plate bolt tops are covered in the sealant.....apparently plenty of sealant is not a problem.
Back in my garage. A normal charge uneventful.
My wife has her car back.
tay-winter-2000x1339.jpg
My car is in now for three modules to be replaced after getting the red circle of death the second time -(I started this thread) …… the SA said the fkying tech will be there in two weeks, we will see …..

@GreggT …. Be good to know how the SoH looks after a little running time, have you checked it yet?