f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It does seem the 3 months is lining up with what people (or at least me) are experiencing though.
My delay - from going into production to now - is 5 months already and still no news on likely delivery whatsoever, just it is in storage with no 12V battery.
OTOH it looks like the production line is being fed with the now available batteries so cars started this month are likely to arrive at dealers before cars started in April.
Spectacularly annoying but the obvious business first choice by Porsche.
Sponsored

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Just got some good news from my dealer - looks like my Taycan GTS just got the 12V battery!

My car has been sitting at the destination port for almost a month now. My SA sent an update today mentioning that it looks like my Taycan did indeed finally get that 12V battery, currently undergoing "Quality Action" (software updates) at the moment and should be ready for transport to the dealership sometime next week.

Hopefully this is a good sign for others waiting on the 12V battery as well.

Some additional dates in case anyone is curious, not sure if this helps people figure out the retrofit vs. factory first timeline:

Start Production: 06/20
Production Complete: 06/29
Arrival at Edmen Port: 08/01
On Vessel: 08/01 (Glovis Sunlight)
Port Processing: 09/02 (Benicia, CA)

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Just got some good news from my dealer - looks like my Taycan GTS just got the 12V battery!

My car has been sitting at the destination port for almost a month now. My SA sent an update today mentioning that it looks like my Taycan did indeed finally get that 12V battery, currently undergoing "Quality Action" (software updates) at the moment and should be ready for transport to the dealership sometime next week.

Some additional dates in case anyone is curious, not sure if this helps people figure out the retrofit vs. factory first timeline:

Great to know! Thanks for sharing and hope you get your car quickly! Let us know when you do and make sure to send some pictures.
✌🏻

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Thanks. I am watching all related threads since July: I think you got the first battery!. My car was "completed" July 15. Hopefully in two more weeks...

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Thanks. I am watching all related threads since July: I think you got the first battery!. My car was "completed" July 15. Hopefully in two more weeks...
That’s great news. Mine was completed in the 23 June and shipped to my dealer on the end of July.

how did you received your news?

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s great news. Mine was completed in the 23 June and shipped to my dealer on the end of July.

how did you received your news?
My car arrived at the dealer at the end of August. But I do not have the battery yet. The dealer told me that it should be delivered within the first two weeks of October. This is in line with @spicyypenguin 's timeline assuming that they are using a FIFO schedule at least in general. In that case you should get yours sooner than me (also consider that my car was already invoiced to the dealer, so I suspect I have the lowest priority from Porsche, especially after the IPO).

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
My car arrived at the dealer at the end of August. But I do not have the battery yet. The dealer told me that it should be delivered within the first two weeks of October. This is in line with @spicyypenguin 's timeline assuming that they are using a FIFO schedule at least in general. In that case you should get yours sooner than me (also consider that my car was already invoiced to the dealer, so I suspect I have the lowest priority from Porsche, especially after the IPO).
Thanks for replying. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
For anyone interested or experiencing something similar; I just checked TYD and my delivery date has moved from Nov 4th to Nov 25th. The change occurred in the last few hours. If that’s the actual date instead of a placeholder I’d be thrilled, but I can’t say for certain. My SA knows nothing. Yay?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
For anyone interested or experiencing something similar; I just checked TYD and my delivery date has moved from Nov 4th to Nov 25th. The change occurred in the last few hours. If that’s the actual date instead of a placeholder I’d be thrilled, but I can’t say for certain. My SA knows nothing. Yay?
Probably a placeholder - is your on vessel date now 11/4? Think most of us have moved to that as well, it's just them shifting a group of us with approaching dates back again by a generic amount

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Probably a placeholder - is your on vessel date now 11/4? Think most of us have moved to that as well, it's just them shifting a group of us with approaching dates back again by a generic amount
Yup 11/4 vessel date....that's sucky. Really hoping she gets here by Christmas....

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
My Taycan RWD was built in the week ending 12th September. A few days later the VIN had an "urgent action" attached to it indicating it was missing the 12V battery. On Monday this week (3rd Oct), my dealer emailed me with an update saying it had "left the factory on 30th Sep", and it was indeed missing the battery, and that neither he or the importer had any idea when the battery would be fitted. Internally I'd braced myself for a delivery at the end of November at the earliest.

This morning, out of the blue, my dealer called me to say that he'd been sorting through the backlog of cars with the importer, and he noticed my car no longer had an "urgent action" attached to it. It turns out my car never left the compound and instead had the battery fitted before it was allocated transportation. It's now due to leave Zuffenhausen shortly and will be ready for delivery when it arrives at the dealer. He said this is the first one he's seen have the "urgent action" corrected.

To say I'm happy is an understatement.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
My Taycan RWD was built in the week ending 12th September. A few days later the VIN had an "urgent action" attached to it indicating it was missing the 12V battery. On Monday this week (3rd Oct), my dealer emailed me with an update saying it had "left the factory on 30th Sep", and it was indeed missing the battery, and that neither he or the importer had any idea when the battery would be fitted. Internally I'd braced myself for a delivery at the end of November at the earliest.

This morning, out of the blue, my dealer called me to say that he'd been sorting through the backlog of cars with the importer, and he noticed my car no longer had an "urgent action" attached to it. It turns out my car never left the compound and instead had the battery fitted before it was allocated transportation. It's now due to leave Zuffenhausen shortly and will be ready for delivery when it arrives at the dealer. He said this is the first one he's seen have the "urgent action" corrected.

To say I'm happy is an understatement.
Great news!!! You lucky guy 🤙🏻

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm happy for you but in the same time mad that people that were after me in the queue will receive their cars before me. I feel like second class guy. I don't have any problem with Throb.
I have problem with Porsche.

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
It’s clear that cars being built at the moment are getting batteries fitted, and totally understand this from a practical business pov.

However it feels a bit sad that those with cars built months ago like me are pushed to the back of the line.

My dealer still has no idea when I will get the car with the battery fitted.
Sponsored