f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Maybe Porsche need to look at diversification in their 12V battery suppliers. Like they do with tyres etc.
I am surprised they haven’t from the get go - risky strategy for such a component.
Sponsored

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
I'm also in a similar position with my Taycan GTS.

On TYD, I've been stuck at the "Port Processing" stage since 09/02. Initially, I had a delivery ETA for 09/09 but my dealer informed me that it'll be delayed by an additional two weeks because the vehicle is waiting for a 12V battery.

TYD has now updated the delivery ETA to 09/23 but I'm not very confident about this. Interestingly, my vehicle is being kept at the destination port instead of at the dealership or at the facility near Emden. I'll update here if I get any additional info from my SA.
Have you gotten any update from your sales rep on this issue? My car was on the same boat as yours and is slated to be delivered at Porsche Tacoma. Wouldn't be surprised if it's on the same truck, even. MY TYD page still says it's estimated to arrive at the dealer back on 9/9 (not helpful). And my sales guy and his manager seem to be in the dark. I'm still hoping I might see the car before the end of the month...

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Have you gotten any update from your sales rep on this issue? My car was on the same boat as yours and is slated to be delivered at Porsche Tacoma. Wouldn't be surprised if it's on the same truck, even. MY TYD page still says it's estimated to arrive at the dealer back on 9/9 (not helpful). And my sales guy and his manager seem to be in the dark. I'm still hoping I might see the car before the end of the month...
MY TYD updated a while ago and is now estimating arrival at the dealer on 09/23 (Porsche Bellingham).

I did speak to my SA last week about this, he said that he's expecting an additional delay of "two weeks or so" due to the 12V battery. I couldn't tell if he's being optimistic about it or if he had an actual timeframe from PCNA. I'll ping him again by the end of the week and will update here if I get any additional information.

Edit: TYD shows 09/23 for "arrival at your authorized dealer" but 10/07 for "en route to your authorized dealer", not sure what's going on but the dates are out of order. Also, I just noticed that the My Porsche app doesn't show TYD anymore but instead shows a different UI prompting me to login on the PCM for remote access authorization with a pairing code. Does this show up for anyone else waiting for a battery?

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
MY TYD updated a while ago and is now estimating arrival at the dealer on 09/23 (Porsche Bellingham).

I did speak to my SA last week about this, he said that he's expecting an additional delay of "two weeks or so" due to the 12V battery. I couldn't tell if he's being optimistic about it or if he had an actual timeframe from PCNA. I'll ping him again by the end of the week and will update here if I get any additional information.

Edit: TYD shows 09/23 for "arrival at your authorized dealer" but 10/07 for "en route to your authorized dealer", not sure what's going on but the dates are out of order. Also, I just noticed that the My Porsche app doesn't show TYD anymore but instead shows a different UI prompting me to login on the PCM for remote access authorization with a pairing code. Does this show up for anyone else waiting for a battery?
My TYD went away about 2.5 weeks ago for my Taycan. It only shows my current vehicle in the My Porsche App. Each time there was significant movement on my vehicle, the TYD app went away. Crossing my fingers that I am close to delivery now….

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Tirismo 4
Country flag
My TYD went away about 2.5 weeks ago for my Taycan. It only shows my current vehicle in the My Porsche App. Each time there was significant movement on my vehicle, the TYD app went away. Crossing my fingers that I am close to delivery now….
Same here. My TYD missing since 09/07/22. And still missing 🤣

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
What boggles me is how come this isn't anywhere in the news yet??

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
What boggles me is how come this isn't anywhere in the news yet??
As far as I know, other major car companies are also facing similar issues.

That’s why the second hand market is so high.

A curiosity: I read that some Renault (a French constructor) models are being fitted with analog clusters instead of the supposed digital ones. 😁

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I'm not in the same position as many of you, having only ordered in March 2022, so im settled into the long wait and don't yet have the tease that is the car having been built but you can't get it.

My concern, and which causes me to think again about the order, is that should the car be eventually delivered and all is well...what happens if the 12v battery fails? Over the years some good 12v batteries do just fail, and you nip to a motor shop (Halfords in the uk, for example), and you get another slotted in. With this issue, you could get the car and find after a while its at the dealer for ages waiting on a new 12v battery. That would be ridiculously frustrating!! Why make consumable parts so complex!?

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm not in the same position as many of you, having only ordered in March 2022, so im settled into the long wait and don't yet have the tease that is the car having been built but you can't get it.

My concern, and which causes me to think again about the order, is that should the car be eventually delivered and all is well...what happens if the 12v battery fails? Over the years some good 12v batteries do just fail, and you nip to a motor shop (Halfords in the uk, for example), and you get another slotted in. With this issue, you could get the car and find after a while its at the dealer for ages waiting on a new 12v battery. That would be ridiculously frustrating!! Why make consumable parts so complex!?
I agree. I have this thought as well. There are people on this very forum who waited weeks for a new 12V battery replacement in the past. Including a 911 I read about. Sometimes I wonder if I should just forget about this car,get my money back and just use it elsewhere. I guees it comes down to luck too. Hopefully that won’t happen.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag

It’s supposed to be an abnormal situation due to that fire in the supplier's factory.

Altought only one supplier for such a vital and unique part (the 12v battery is not a regular one and there has been a quote from a 911 owner that also waited weeks for his battery) is indeed a very strange decision, I don’t think a multimillion brand with all their proven record of products and successes are naive and a bunch idiots.

I’m waiting for mine but I sure wish porsche communicated better and somehow compensate me (us) for all this issues - in a form of discount or other offers.

strange days these days…

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag

You’re also up for a massive wedge, if this particular battery fails outside of warranty. At least $1000 (swap $ for £ as you well know). So not as cheap as going down the factors and getting a generic or even decent branded lead acid battery.

I think it’s totally nuts that Porsche have put all their eggs in with one supplier on a disposable component like this.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
It’s supposed to be an abnormal situation due to that fire in the supplier's factory.

Altought only one supplier for such a vital and unique part (the 12v battery is not a regular one and there has been a quote from a 911 owner that also waited weeks for his battery) is indeed a very strange decision, I don’t think a multimillion brand with all their proven record of products and successes are naive and a bunch idiots.

I’m waiting for mine but I sure wish porsche communicated better and somehow compensate me (us) for all this issues - in a form of discount or other offers.

strange days these days…
It’s mixed messaging.

From Porsche it was a factory fire.

From A123 it’s due to a PCB shortage from their supplier.

Either way stupidity from Porsche to single source a custom 12V battery from a single supplier.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As far as I know, other major car companies are also facing similar issues.

That’s why the second hand market is so high.

A curiosity: I read that some Renault (a French constructor) models are being fitted with analog clusters instead of the supposed digital ones. 😁
Peugeot 308 since last year is what I read in the press (last year).
Sponsored