B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Altought only one supplier for such a vital and unique part (the 12v battery is not a regular one and there has been a quote from a 911 owner that also waited weeks for his battery) is indeed a very strange decision, I don’t think a multimillion brand with all their proven record of products and successes are naive and a bunch idiots.
Would be interesting reading their latest ISO9001 annual auditing report :giggle:
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW.... Just received an email from my OPC about another matter. But he kindly volunteered an update ..... email extract follows .....

"The delivery estimate for your car has slipped back a week to [date].

I know that you are keeping track on the forums and you will no doubt be aware of the significant delays that some people are experiencing. At the moment I cannot say if your car will be affected at all and I have no way of finding out either.

I can only hope that the 12V battery issue will be sorted and your car will be fitted with it in the factory, rather than the car having to go in to the awaiting battery compound"

ENDS

I trust my contact.. So it looks like OPCs (at least in the UK) are genuinely as much in the dark as we are...

cheers

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
FWIW.... Just received an email from my OPC about another matter. But he kindly volunteered an update ..... email extract follows .....

I know that you are keeping track on the forums and you will no doubt be aware of the significant delays that some people are experiencing. At the moment I cannot say if your car will be affected at all and I have no way of finding out either.

I can only hope that the 12V battery issue will be sorted and your car will be fitted with it in the factory, rather than the car having to go in to the awaiting battery compound"

ENDS

I trust my contact.. So it looks like OPCs (at least in the UK) are genuinely as much in the dark as we are...

cheers
There's no doubt they're in the dark the issue is with Porsche AG and the deliberate lack of information being disseminated across the country HQs and dealerships.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

ENDS

cheers
Remind me where you ordered from?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Remind me where you ordered from?
Hi Speuk - Exeter OPC - They may be relatively small and may not have the ordering clout of competitors - but at least my contact tries to be transparent, open and realistic and doesn't over-promise.

I speak only as I find.

Cheers

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi Speuk - Exeter OPC - They may be relatively small and may not have the ordering clout of competitors - but at least my contact tries to be transparent, open and realistic and doesn't over-promise.

I speak only as I find.

Cheers
Ah yes, if they a straightforward and open then that's all we can ask.
I've had a similar experience with my SA at Reading. Also open and honest, shares what he knows and shows me on his screen. Showed me a cracked roof being replaced which was interesting and honest to say they still have no idea why they are cracking

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Ah yes, if they a straightforward and open then that's all we can ask.
I've had a similar experience with my SA at Reading. Also open and honest, shares what he knows and shows me on his screen. Showed me a cracked roof being replaced which was interesting and honest to say they still have no idea why they are cracking
Same experience with Reading. Open and honest and also realistic in terms of estimates 👍🏻 it’s just a shame not information isn’t coming their way from Porsche centrally.

marty_n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Carrera S, Volvo V90T8
Country flag
I just got a note from my dealer in Prague that an initial batch of 12V Taycan batteries to retrofit the new Taycans sitting at the dealer will be available from 7th Nov (week 45). I am second in the line so hopefully that's when I get the car ... which would be 3 month late ... let's see

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I just got a note from my dealer in Prague that an initial batch of 12V Taycan batteries to retrofit the new Taycans sitting at the dealer will be available from 7th Nov (week 45). I am second in the line so hopefully that's when I get the car ... which would be 3 month late ... let's see
Thanks for sharing.

I’m supposing the cars stored in warehouses around the factory (those destined to go to markets outside the EU) will get their batteries a bit sooner.

Will be interesting to know when the cars in production / on the line will get batteries as normal again. I’d imagine that’s their first priority to stem the tide of cars going into storage /future retro-fitting as that just makes their headache worse.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Thank you for the news!

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m supposing the cars stored in warehouses around the factory (those destined to go to markets outside the EU) will get their batteries a bit sooner.
I'm in Poland, dealer is 800 km (500 miles) from factory. Car is in the factory, question is what is the key that some dealerships in some countries receive cars without battery and others are in the factory?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Interesting snippets on the Taycan delays from the Porsche IPO Prospectus. Nothing too new, except it sounds like the expectation here is that the 12V battery may create up to a 1 quarter (3 month delay), and that this fire happened in early 2022.

https://www.flatex.at/fileadmin/dateien_flatex/pdf/ipo/wertpapierprospekt_porsche.pdf

"The Taycan in particular has been adversely affected by the combination of semiconductor and wire harness supply shortages which, together with a fire incident at a relevant key supplier in early 2022, resulted in the Group being unable to timely fulfill all orders for the Taycan"

"The share of Deliveries represented by BEVs is expected to be lower in 2022 than 2021 as a result and delays to the planned Deliveries are expected to lead to a shift of sales revenue planned for the third quarter of 2022 to the fourth quarter of 2022"

Annoying that the length of the delay wasn't communicated well to dealers, particularly since it seemed it was known early. It seems some in the UK got word of it well before those of us in the US, as I recall hearing it first from UK people here

It does seem the 3 months is lining up with what people (or at least me) are experiencing though. Very originally when I ordered, TYD was telling me delivery in late August. That then shifted to Mid Sept, and now realistically will be in Mid Dec, as it just missed the last West Coast bound boat (the next one in a month will deliver cars to port in Late Nov)

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Question for those who's deliveries have shifted to Dec: My original delivery was Oct 4th, but has been showing Nov 4th as of the last month or so. It seems like folks with August orders have shifted to the right even more than my order even though my build completed just 3 weeks ago. When were you all's cars completed?
It seems weird that my car was built in Sep and delivery is still for Nov even though earlier built cars are showing Dec.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Question for those who's deliveries have shifted to Dec: My original delivery was Oct 4th, but has been showing Nov 4th as of the last month or so. It seems like folks with August orders have shifted to the right even more than my order even though my build completed just 3 weeks ago. When were you all's cars completed?
It seems weird that my car was built in Sep and delivery is still for Nov even though earlier built cars are showing Dec.
I think for TYD, it's not regularly updated and in particular is not well built to adapt to parts shortages or unusual delays. My take is that Porsche has a standard timeline that is applied to all cars when an allocation is created (with variance for delivery location). When there are no supply shortages or random delays like the port shutdown, they hit these timelines in general. There will sometimes be minor adjustments for actual dates, but probably not major differences so no one really cared too much

However, with the shortages now, they don't have an easy way to adjust TYD timelines, as it's not built into the functionality TYD was designed for. They certainly don't have a person manually going in and adjusting each car based off of their understanding of the current shortage situations

So what happens is that they'll just blanket push a certain milestone to a placeholder date for all builds in a certain time range, even if it's not that accurate, at least to somewhat compensate for some of the delay. This is why a lot of people suddenly saw their "on vessel" date be shifted to 10/14, despite having build completions ranging from July to early September. We can't all be on the same boat, and the boat schedules completely vary between West Coast, East Coast, and Gulf. They'll do another blanket push periodically across all cars in certain time ranges again, if they feel they need to be broadly shifted.

I don't think they've applied the next blanket push, so it's possible at some point yours will get pushed out again to match where you are in the order waiting for 12Vs

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think for TYD, it's not regularly updated and in particular is not well built to adapt to parts shortages or unusual delays. My take is that Porsche has a standard timeline that is applied to all cars when an allocation is created (with variance for delivery location). When there are no supply shortages or random delays like the port shutdown, they hit these timelines in general. There will sometimes be minor adjustments for actual dates, but probably not major differences so no one really cared too much

However, with the shortages now, they don't have an easy way to adjust TYD timelines, as it's not built into the functionality TYD was designed for. They certainly don't have a person manually going in and adjusting each car based off of their understanding of the current shortage situations

So what happens is that they'll just blanket push a certain milestone to a placeholder date for all builds in a certain time range, even if it's not that accurate, at least to somewhat compensate for some of the delay. This is why a lot of people suddenly saw their "on vessel" date be shifted to 10/14, despite having build completions ranging from July to early September. We can't all be on the same boat, and the boat schedules completely vary between West Coast, East Coast, and Gulf. They'll do another blanket push periodically across all cars in certain time ranges again, if they feel they need to be broadly shifted.

I don't think they've applied the next blanket push, so it's possible at some point yours will get pushed out again to match where you are in the order waiting for 12Vs

That's a really good explanation! And also that sucks.....I really hope she gets here by December.....my "On Vessel" date is the boiler plate October 14th....who knows at this point. :rolleyes:
Sponsored