KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
I have 20" Turbo Aeros and use Michelin 4s for summer, and Pirellli p-Zero winter electrics in cold weather..
I change in November and April
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm not getting 3.8, that's just what the app and the car says for total consumption. Looking at the individual trips and calculating the total from there, I only get 2.81 mi/kWh or 35.5 kWh/100 mi which I think it terrible, especially for a base Taycan.
The 3.8 miles per kwh gives you something to brag to your friends about, but you (and we) know it's not true.
I have the same exaggerated result from the MyPorsche account, but on my long trips when things are optimum, 3.2 miles/kwh is about the best the car achieves. Yet, MyPorsche says the overall since delivery is higher than that.
It's similar to the console displaying a range of 320 miles immediately after charging to 100%. Once you drive the car out of the driveway, that guesstimate gets overwritten.

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Yes, hence the name mileage guesstimator.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels

IMG_9472.jpeg
Ok so not the best for range - in fact the worst. I have them on my GTS ST but had Turbo on my 4S.

Spyders + 21" = reduced range

2.8 doesn't sound too far adrift then.

OP
OP
Nyck80

Nyck80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Ok so not the best for range - in fact the worst. I have them on my GTS ST but had Turbo on my 4S.

Spyders + 21" = reduced range

2.8 doesn't sound too far adrift then.
Very true. I’m a sucker for wheels and willing to sacrifice range for it. I just love how they look on my car. 😍

Reactions: Gru

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I switched from 20" Turbo Aero to 21" Carbon Blade SportDesign last summer. It's such a big difference in the car's look. it improved so much but the consumption suffered a lot.
The weight did not increade much (~500g per wheel+tire), the Aero should be similar as blade rims are quite closed,
but frontal air attack surface increased, tire patch + width and probably more sporty, less efficient Pirelli tire rubber mixture.

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I switched from 20" Turbo Aero to 21" Carbon Blade SportDesign last summer. It's such a big difference in the car's look. it improved so much but the consumption suffered a lot.
Do you have before and after numbers??

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
last summer was rainy and I do not drive certain regular trips but I'd say 2 kWh more per 100km, though hard to read from the data. But the 5000km avg was below 20* before and now above, my personal landmark :)

this is 12 months of short trip consumptions:

Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis 1707810497304

yellow area: I was actually testing if it's possible to get below 20 kWh if I drive slow and carefully.

(* ~32 kWh/100miles)

Last edited:

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
I have noted exactly the same and actually show a summary in a separate thread. Did not see yours before.

My cars odometer is different from the total from the website statistic as is the summary of Since Charging and Since start driven km’s.
And the consumption figures are completely wrong. The reported figures are fantasy. No idea how Porsche come to these results.

I have made a summary and pointed out the discrepancy. I have sent this to Porsche Smartmobility and wait to see if they will answer at all. So far radio silence.

I think you should do the same. Send to the dealer technician, smartmobility and Porsche.
strange thing is that:
- the individual data (consumption between 2 charges) seem correct. I double checked several times with Car Scanner
- but the overall is totally wrong

When i take all individual data and compute in excel the average (sum of the consumption * kms), I get 22,6 kWh /100 km which seems close to reality. While the app/web site shows 17,8 kWh /100 km, and that is totally unrealistic.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My cars odometer is different from the total from the website statistic as is the summary of Since Charging and Since start driven km’s.
Same here.
According to app, my total average consumption after 36.000 km is 17.1 kwh/100km.
Based on downloaded records, it’s 24.6kwh/100 km.
When i asked support, they answered to me that i should check consumption calculator on their web page :headbang:
Then i gave up… i don’t care about those numbers… i just enjoy driving the best looking EV :angel:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
strange thing is that:
- the individual data (consumption between 2 charges) seem correct. I double checked several times with Car Scanner
- but the overall is totally wrong

When i take all individual data and compute in excel the average (sum of the consumption * kms), I get 22,6 kWh /100 km which seems close to reality. While the app/web site shows 17,8 kWh /100 km, and that is totally unrealistic.
I, too, was perplexed about these observations (of mismatching numbers), so I’ve taken a pic of the trip report and compared it with the log entry from the app; they’re identical.
Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis IMG_0958

Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis IMG_0969

45.1kWh/100mi == 2.217mi/kWh

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
Additional info: I live in NYC area and mostly drive shorter distances. It's also very cold during winter and the car is parked outside.

Am I missing something here?
consumption.png
coming back to your initial post, I tried to plot the consumption for two sets of data:

- one for trips where the average speed is more than 120km/h/75mph for more than 160km/ 100mi. Difference between winter / summer is about 15 to 20%
Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 20.18.02

- and one for downtown where the average speed is below 32km/h / 20mph. Bigger difference here between the seasons: car stays outside and requires more energy (heating the inside and the battery) for short trips in winter
Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 20.23.18

My numbers are much better than yours.... thanks to 100km vs 100mi 😅 (but similar when multiplying by 1.6)

Last edited:

Hans21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
For mine (note it's in kilometers!) the trip control shows also an unrealistic, low consumption number of 18,2 kWh/100 km for the average over 17.956 km.

However the last ride numbers are accurate and reflect what I was seeing in the car. I know cause I checked yesterday when I chickened out after riding 345 km on a single charge on the highway. I think I would've made it, the car predicted a 3% SOC arrival.

Porsche Taycan 2 year ownership kWh Consumption Analysis Screenshot-2024-02-24-at-10-13-57

Porker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, VW T5, Macan
Country flag
I’ve just bought a CT4 with turbo 20” alloys and am seriously considering buying a set of 21” Mission E….does anyone have experience of the likely hit on range between the 2?
Sponsored