Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Yes this is a Turbo but still big option list
Hi Graham
Just for clarity is it Euros you paid?
What is list in Ireland and how much for extras?
Keep it if you can.
It has done its depreciation.
Be worth €140k in a year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Graham
Just for clarity is it Euros you paid?
What is list in Ireland and how much for extras?
Keep it if you can.
It has done its depreciation.
Be worth €140k in a year.
Hi Ross
Yup paid 188k euro
Good point
Just that I’m in USA for a year so didn’t want the hassle but your making me re think :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Mine wasn't that heavily optioned but I made it the way I wanted regardless of what subsequent buyers may think of it in the future. Some of my choices may have a negative impact on resale value!
I do plan to keep it a long time though.
I never think of resale value anymore when I option my cars, not even when I used to keep them only 2-3 years (I keep my cars longer nowadays). The only time I did was when I was a teenager and I used to buy base trim with (almost) no options so that I could flip it well 2 years later. Today I buy the cars for me to drive, so I want the option that I want. Honestly, I don't think this has costed me much over my entire car history - people theorize way too much what future buyers will want. I just sold an 8 year old Tesla Model S - it was the top trim, with top upgrades, if you think I got any more money for it than an average optioned car of the same trim/vintage, you'd be wrong. Heck, one of the upgrades was a power increase equivalent of Taycan 4S to Turbo, but because it was an option (called Ludicrous upgrade), it gets no consideration for a trade-in value. I also removed the standard red calipers from my Tesla, which were a $2K option for non-top-trim, it never ever came up in my trade-in conversations, even though I had people on Tesla forums at the time tell me that I'm throwing money away by giving up the red calipers. I guess similar to selecting a model designation delete on a Taycan if you buy one of the upper trims, some will think it's throwing money away, but realistically it doesn't really matter down the road.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If you fancy another similar Taycan when you come back from States in a year it will cost new €200k. So it will cost you €55k!
The depreciation will flatten out now. It will be worth MUCH more than €88k in 1 year so you will be better off.
Another option is Sale or Return?
They are scared of giving you cash and it sitting there. They would give you more part ex.
If you let them sell it they might get €170k retail in a perkier Spring/Summer market and give you ?€160k.
The bottom of the market was March 2023.
I have a May 22 GTS £112k
I was bid £75k in March
I was bid £86k last week

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Feels like the depreciation dynamics are different in the UK vs US now. UK: I don't have the stats but have a feeling that Taycan sales per capita was significantly higher vs US since inception. The nature of the EV tax incentives in the UK led a lot of company car/business owner buyers opt for a taycan (hearing from London friend who got it and convinced me into looking at it). EV tax incentives are still going on in the UK so those first owners have an ongoing incentive to flip their 1st or 2nd Taycans with a brand new one. US: Up until mid 2022 there was a $7,500 tax credit for new Taycans, which is now gone (regardless of your income level, as Taycans are not manufactures in the US). The tax credits naturally hit the second hand values when in place. (why buy a used one and let go $7500?). Not anymore. On top of that the list prices increased by ~$8K-10K+ in two hike cycles. I think all of the above helping US market to have a somewhat better depreciation curve vs UK.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Feels like the depreciation dynamics are different in the UK vs US now. UK: I don't have the stats but have a feeling that Taycan sales per capita was significantly higher vs US since inception. The nature of the EV tax incentives in the UK led a lot of company car/business owner buyers opt for a taycan (hearing from London friend who got it and convinced me into looking at it). EV tax incentives are still going on in the UK so those first owners have an ongoing incentive to flip their 1st or 2nd Taycans with a brand new one. US: Up until mid 2022 there was a $7,500 tax credit for new Taycans, which is now gone (regardless of your income level, as Taycans are not manufactures in the US). The tax credits naturally hit the second hand values when in place. (why buy a used one and let go $7500?). Not anymore. On top of that the list prices increased by ~$8K-10K+ in two hike cycles. I think all of the above helping US market to have a somewhat better depreciation curve vs UK.
Yeah- i listen to a british based car podcast from time to time and they touched on this in a recent episode... exactly what you said: there's still a big tax incentive in the UK for EV company cars but of course only on new ones....which serves to increase demand for new ones but then, of course, demand drops off drastically for used ones. Agree that in the US the market is more stabilized now given the disappearance of the 7500 credit. I'm not seeing any evidence of massive depreciation on the Taycan beyond what you'd expect for any expensive luxury car.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just picked up a 2021 Turbo with under 4K miles & like new condition for under $130k. Sticker was $178K. Several out there with that depreciation bite in them, but with the price hike on new Taycans, perhaps the market on used will firm up a bit.
Agreed

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine wasn't that heavily optioned but I made it the way I wanted regardless of what subsequent buyers may think of it in the future. Some of my choices may have a negative impact on resale value!
I do plan to keep it a long time though.
My GTS was heavily optioned but I agree … I made it the way I wanted it. Got ALL the mechanical options and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
I skipped all the carbon ones though. I am sure some of the options I picked won’t matter to a future buyer but I also plan to keep it for a long time unless something amazing comes along.

p.s. The OP’s car and mine are (almost) twins 😎