bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
That is a nice video. I think for plastic bits it’s fine stones or no stone chips. One does not gaze for ages at the bottom of a car. I see my carbon fibre/fiber parts regularly, as such I can tell the difference. However for the bottom of the car it’s a gréât solution, if in Matt finish.
Well spotted

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
I think the front and the back looks very good on the Taycan 4S too!! But the sides are a bit boring. I would choose the diffrent side-blades. In germany they cost about 950€, but then it looks like a turbo from the side, where you most see you car if you get in your car. And the front and back... if sombody take vulcano grey, he won't see a big different, because black with dark grey isn't a big change. But if you take a white or light color, than you might think about the sport addons or the turbo version. grey, gentil blue and black + 4S is a good deal at all. Just the sides makes a big different with dark colors too. Saw one 4S without the special side yesterday, and yes... it was a bit too many plastic.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the front and the back looks very good on the Taycan 4S too!! But the sides are a bit boring. I would choose the diffrent side-blades. In germany they cost about 950€, but then it looks like a turbo from the side, where you most see you car if you get in your car. And the front and back... if sombody take vulcano grey, he won't see a big different, because black with dark grey isn't a big change. But if you take a white or light color, than you might think about the sport addons or the turbo version. grey, gentil blue and black + 4S is a good deal at all. Just the sides makes a big different with dark colors too. Saw one 4S without the special side yesterday, and yes... it was a bit too many plastic.
I hear you, but 950 for a bit of colored plastic bits is expensive, but thats why we love porsche. Allows us to spend.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Here is mine, can you buy the side skirts aftermarket? Cameras don’t do this car justice

Porsche Taycan 4S side skirts and front apron 849A7A94-0F87-48EE-913D-0D0BCD2E3F6F

Porsche Taycan 4S side skirts and front apron 75A16F61-6B1E-4FFD-B169-CBCF39B27982

Porsche Taycan 4S side skirts and front apron B96F3C4B-8F62-4378-BA94-E724A1C25B23

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
I hear you, but 950 for a bit of colored plastic bits is expensive, but thats why we love porsche. Allows us to spend.
That is a real problem! But i think if you buy this car, then you will keep it a longer time and 900 more is just a little thing with this car. But you are right! It is really just a little different for much money.

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Here is mine, can you buy the side skirts aftermarket? Cameras don’t do this car justice
Hm. Maybe aftermarket will be more expensive. I think your black color match very well with the plastic on the side. Maybe more than in grey. I like the front and back of the 4S you have. It is not thing to get a turbo because of that. But with the sides you can match a mix of 4S and turbo-feeling.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
So now that I have taken delivery and had quotes to have these plastic bits painted the cost is quite extortionate and not worth doing.

I looked in to wrapping these too and was told it is not possible to wrap plastic directly unless it is sanded down and primed before hand - something I would not want to do with my brand new car.

SO I found another alternative - SRAP (spray wrap) or PPS (Paint protection spray) - this is a new technology and not many people in the UK are currently doing it. It is basically the same as having a wrap but it is sprayed on and is more durable than a vinyl wrap.

It is so good that you can have it done in any colour. Some people have had their entire cars resprayed in SRAP to change the colour completely and the results are just amazing.

My car is booked in to have this work done in 2 weeks time and I will be excited to share the results of this work with you when done.

The cost is not bad at all either. If interested in finding out more drop me a PM.

Here is an example - I am not using these guys but someone else who are half the price of these guys :)

Did you have the PPS done? I don't recall seeing the after pics.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Likewise, looking forward to the pics TAYC4N! :cool:

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

Will be interesting to see the result. I only just realise just how dig an plastic the black bits on the side are. I can handle the front and back cos I never really see them. However it is the sides where one can really tell there are batteries underneath. Same I did not see the car before ordering

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
The result really is astonishing. Can't wait to show you when I pick it up. There is already a video of my car on their instagram page but it does not show the works done properly so when I pick it up I will create a new thread with close up photos etc.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That looks really good with PPS! Look forward to seeing more details. Great result! Congratulations.
Sponsored