madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Just for ref - my M4 is a 2015 model - received back in US after delivery in Germany in late 2014 when I applied the Ceramic coating but removed/replaced the M4 rear logo almost 2 yers later and had no issues re paint. Now one issue you might have if I am reading your post correctly is that if they removed and reapplied the logo onto the Xpel PPF this could have a different effect?
Thanks. I’m actually not sure if there is PPF where that badge is. I don’t think so because the PPF receipt I got with the car said it’s full hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper, rocker panels and door cups. But the ceramic is on the whole car and I doubt the dealer took off the badges for that last month when that was applied. Maybe I’ll take to my local dealer at some point and see if they can remove it vs. me. That way if there is any difference in paint/shadow they can just re-apply it. I’ll mess it up…
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
  1. I regret not deleting the rear badge. I find it distracting now. Props to those who did so
I ordered delete. Good news is it comes off easily.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
You can remove rear badge, ask your dealer...afaik, it's a "five minutes" task.
I removed it myself with some dental floss. Less than 5 min to remove the badge and a few min to remove glue residue.
Sponsored