First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Looking at buying this used Turbo S

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB...-limousine&maximum-mileage=20000&order=newest

Had placed a deposit and went and viewed it yesterday. The dealer is not local to me and had sent video but this was done in ths showroom. On arrival the car was parked outside at the front but was not 100% happy with the paintwork - Several small stonechips on front bumper, wings and bonnet. Also lots of stone chips on the foils on the rear doors with small chips above these as well. Would this be normal for a Taycan which has only done 12k?

The dealer has offered to spray the whole front end and both the rear doors to try to keep the sale. What are people's thoughts on this?

Did get a large amount of the asking price and there is no other Turbo S models available with such a high spec at this price even from non Porsche dealers.
Sponsored

SilverSpecter

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Stone chips are common on cars with mileage, especially a Turbo S that has likely had spirited drives. The dealer's offer to spray the affected areas shows their commitment to making it right, which is a plus. To maintain that Porsche quality, ensure the paint job is done by professionals. If you find the right price and spot-on specifications, it can still be a solid deal. Just keep an eye on overall condition and trust your gut feeling.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
When I took delivery of mine new (2 years back), my dealer recommended I got PPF (which wasn't a Porsche factory option at the time) on the front of the car and on the rear doors (where they thought the standard fit PPF was too small), as they said that cars coming back to them for resale typically needed a respray of those areas in order to meet their standards. In more normal times, the car you are considering would probably already have had that respray, but in fairness to the dealers who've now got an overstock of used cars, it's not surprising that they haven't yet had them all resprayed. I'd expect that the respray they're now offering you will be to the same high standard that would normally done before putting on sale.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Chip magnets, as are all low slung fast cars.

Take the offer and buy it. Under 83k for a Turbo S is great value for what these are IMO.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think there's a design issue of Taycan's body because the 21 inch wheels throw many stones from the road on the rear doors. I cannot drive on unpaved roads because the paint on the rear doors will be badly damaged.

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
Sounds like a good deal. Just bought a 2020 TS with 8K miles. Happy to chat about my experience. I think your is a much better deal and warranty.

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
In all honesty, I think it’s a great example. The fact that they will re spray those areas is brilliant. If that’s all you were worried about I’d say do it. You’ll love it.

csm7djs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I'm new to the forum but picking up my 4S CT on Tuesday from OPC, its the same colour, year registered in October 2021 and almost the same spec.

The dealer is also spraying the whole front end and both the rear doors as it had stone chips. I didn't ask for this, they said its part of the prep to meet the Porsche standards before it can leave the dealership. Personally, I thought this was a great thing as it will come out looking new.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
That looks pretty good with 2.5 years warranty. I hope you have checked the insurance cost

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looking at buying this used Turbo S

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB...-limousine&maximum-mileage=20000&order=newest

Had placed a deposit and went and viewed it yesterday. The dealer is not local to me and had sent video but this was done in ths showroom. On arrival the car was parked outside at the front but was not 100% happy with the paintwork - Several small stonechips on front bumper, wings and bonnet. Also lots of stone chips on the foils on the rear doors with small chips above these as well. Would this be normal for a Taycan which has only done 12k?

The dealer has offered to spray the whole front end and both the rear doors to try to keep the sale. What are people's thoughts on this?

Did get a large amount of the asking price and there is no other Turbo S models available with such a high spec at this price even from non Porsche dealers.
Reading dealership - ask if car was part of the Porsche Driving Experience at Silverstone - if so may explain the chipping and will have bern driven exceptionally hard by many drivers. Age of car may discount this concern.

New unreg MY23 ones were being heavily discounted earlier this year - £137K (£167K list).

Feels like a bargain and the warranty will keep you in good stead.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Dealer is using some clever language on this one.…”Porsche approved”. This may simply be the remainder of the new car warranty. I would ask for clarification on whether this is a Porsche Certified Pre-Owned vehicle or not. If it is Porsche CPO, ask for the full inspection report (which should include a detailed report of the inspection and corrections to the car). If this car was unable to meet Porsche CPO standards, then you may have you answer on its current physical condition and lower price.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
I believe “Porsche Approved” here in the UK means “Certified Pre-Owned”. I.e. they’re the same thing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dealer is using some clever language on this one.…”Porsche approved”. This may simply be the remainder of the new car warranty. I would ask for clarification on whether this is a Porsche Certified Pre-Owned vehicle or not. If it is Porsche CPO, ask for the full inspection report (which should include a detailed report of the inspection and corrections to the car). If this car was unable to meet Porsche CPO standards, then you may have you answer on its current physical condition and lower price.
It will be 100% Porsche (UK is quite specific on this) and all come with a 200-point check.

OP
OP

David M

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Thank you all for the replies not going ahead with this one. Now looking at two different Taycans.
Sponsored