First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Hi All,

Yesterday I got the exciting news I have just received a CT4S allocation for a September build. My dealer has asked for a final build as he has see a fair few random early lock ins recently and doesn't want me to suffer a miss spec. So I'm turning in my final build ASAP but thought I'd ask a couple of questions here first.

Here is my draft code:- PPSTTKE5

Something to mention is that I've gone tech with options not performance really. Second thing is that I'm trying to contain myself a little and bring it as close to 100K as I can but I'm slightly over so I'm either finding something to remove or if I can't then just looking behind the sofa or something. With that in mind, does anyone have any comments on items to strip or that I really should find the space to add?

1) Bose - I know sound is different for everyone and I am far from an audiophile I'd like to have a system that can at least handle itself. I play rock/metal/indie type stuff. Will the standard system be ok and I can cut 1K off the price or will I just be disappointed in the quality?

2) Rear steer - I've read and read on here and it seem completely down the middle 50/50 on if it is a must have or just ok. UK drivers, what are your thoughts? save the 1.6K (well a little less as I'll change to just power steer plus) or take advantage of it for our small and tight multistory parking?

3) Massage seats - I've always wanted them but never have so far. I'll defiantly be going for vented seats as I love that and had it on my last 3 cars and wouldn't like to be without but should I drop the massage if it isn't very good to save the £700 or kept it if the massage is actually nice and one you can feel.

4) Mode 3 cable - This one the dealer said is a must and I can see why but is £370 a fair price for it? I'm not sure if they are the same but a brief google seems to show many option at under £200 for what appears to be the same thing.

5) Black trim - I had left the silver round the doors and the low trims to silver along with the roof bars. I would normally black them out but to avoid cost I thought that maybe the balance of silver top middle and bottom of the car would look ok. The dealer seemed dead against this and heavily recommended that I black all out and then change the rear badge to black too. I can see it looks great on the configurator and there was a mamba CT at the show room all blacked out trim too but I haven't seen any in the silver standard trim yet, I wondered if the lower trims might lose some detail when blacked out. Anyone seen one, any thoughts? Might be a little way to save a chunk on the build or might just be the finishing touch to a very beautiful car.

6) Where has active lane keep gone (self steering to keep in lane)? I need active cruise but was stopping short of InnoDrive as I don't see the point. ALK used to be a separate option but seems to have gone.

I think that is all. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi All,

Yesterday I got the exciting news I have just received a CT4S allocation for a September build. My dealer has asked for a final build as he has see a fair few random early lock ins recently and doesn't want me to suffer a miss spec. So I'm turning in my final build ASAP but thought I'd ask a couple of questions here first.

Here is my draft code:- PPSTTKE5

Something to mention is that I've gone tech with options not performance really. Second thing is that I'm trying to contain myself a little and bring it as close to 100K as I can but I'm slightly over so I'm either finding something to remove or if I can't then just looking behind the sofa or something. With that in mind, does anyone have any comments on items to strip or that I really should find the space to add?

1) Bose - I know sound is different for everyone and I am far from an audiophile I'd like to have a system that can at least handle itself. I play rock/metal/indie type stuff. Will the standard system be ok and I can cut 1K off the price or will I just be disappointed in the quality?

2) Rear steer - I've read and read on here and it seem completely down the middle 50/50 on if it is a must have or just ok. UK drivers, what are your thoughts? save the 1.6K (well a little less as I'll change to just power steer plus) or take advantage of it for our small and tight multistory parking?

3) Massage seats - I've always wanted them but never have so far. I'll defiantly be going for vented seats as I love that and had it on my last 3 cars and wouldn't like to be without but should I drop the massage if it isn't very good to save the £700 or kept it if the massage is actually nice and one you can feel.

4) Mode 3 cable - This one the dealer said is a must and I can see why but is £370 a fair price for it? I'm not sure if they are the same but a brief google seems to show many option at under £200 for what appears to be the same thing.

5) Black trim - I had left the silver round the doors and the low trims to silver along with the roof bars. I would normally black them out but to avoid cost I thought that maybe the balance of silver top middle and bottom of the car would look ok. The dealer seemed dead against this and heavily recommended that I black all out and then change the rear badge to black too. I can see it looks great on the configurator and there was a mamba CT at the show room all blacked out trim too but I haven't seen any in the silver standard trim yet, I wondered if the lower trims might lose some detail when blacked out. Anyone seen one, any thoughts? Might be a little way to save a chunk on the build or might just be the finishing touch to a very beautiful car.

6) Where has active lane keep gone (self steering to keep in lane)? I need active cruise but was stopping short of InnoDrive as I don't see the point. ALK used to be a separate option but seems to have gone.

I think that is all. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
I think you get all the cables you need as standard

Porsche Taycan Allocation! Build Review Screenshot_20220617-133454_Samsung Internet

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Get Bose! Base stereo sucks period.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Are you sure not getting the leather seat? If seems like you value interior comfort.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
You're in the UK, too. With our tight roads and car parks, it'll really be a huge advantage given the length of the car. It also (according to my SA) improves the overall handling of the car.
I'm sure the car is totally fine without it, but I'd highly recommend speccing it.

A good number of the folks who say it isn't needed, don't live in the UK / Europe or have experience of the roads this way (slight generalisation, I know :) ).

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
1) Bose -

2) Rear steer -

3) Massage seats -

4) Mode 3 cable -

5) Black trim -

Bose:
The car is super quiet and you will likely notice the 'poor base audio system'. I think speccing Bose is wise. In addition, the Bose system has been exclusively designed for the Taycan. And from what I read/ researched, it is probably a great value for the price.

Rear Steer (RAS):
I have driven the 4S with and without it (before I ordered mine).
I did not see any great need for this in UK. I test drove in a busy city centre (peak traffic), tight turns, and on B roads. It is a good option but did not feel the absolute need for it.
I have a BMW 5 series and the Taycan turns better than the 5. I also occasionally drive a long wheel base 7 Series. Maybe I am used to driving slightly longer cars. I can easily make a U turn in my 5, when I see a lot of smaller cars struggling; and the Taycan was better - so I did not order it.
I really did not feel that the Taycan is a big car or has any issues in turning circles.
Yes, it is a wide car, but RAS is not going to help with the width.
On a narrow country road, it does bring out the screams from passengers when another vehicle is approaching !

Massage Seats:
I have them in my 5 series, but have not specced for the Taycan.
In the Taycan, the massage function is only on the back rest and not on the base. I did not spec for this reason... as it is my legs/thigh portion that get tired.

Mode 3 cable:
You do not ned to spec the £370 option. The cable comes with the car as standard spec.
You will end up with two cables !

Black Trim:
Personal choice.
I have silver trim on my 4S as it goes with the wheels and the model name at the back. I contemplated going to black, but then saw a Gentian Blue with silver, and it looked good; so saved the cash. Mine is Gentian Blue.
If changing to black gloss, then change all exterior to black - my suggestion.

ALK:
I believe this is now standard equipment; hence not seeing it as an option.

InnoDrive: As long as you specify Active Cruise, you can enable INNO later through FOD. Our UK roads are far too busy and chaotic (too many changing speed limits) for the system to be actually useful.
Also, I think the INNO (at the moment) is not very user friendly; maybe an update later would improve it.
If it does happen, I'll take it through FoD.
Active Cruise control - definitely useful. I have it on all my cars since last 7 years.

Hope the above helps and good luck.

OP
OP
Rusk

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
After thoroughly enjoying this forum for the last few months....

Let me cut to the chase to what this group is going to tell you....start looking behind/under ALL your sofas.
Ha I am fully expecting this! My own mind keeps says it is only a couple of K difference so just go for it but it is doing it on every tick box so thought I'd see if there are any saving comments here :)

Are you sure not getting the leather seat? If seems like you value interior comfort.
Good spot and I've looked at this a lot. From what I can tell leather interior changes very little on the actual seats but adds dash and doors in leather, etc. am I wrong? The standard seats are cloth in the centre but leather around the edge, correct?

Bose:
The car is super quiet and you will likely notice the 'poor base audio system'. I think speccing Bose is wise. In addition, the Bose system has been exclusively designed for the Taycan. And from what I read/ researched, it is probably a great value for the price.

Rear Steer (RAS):
I have driven the 4S with and without it (before I ordered mine).
I did not see any great need for this in UK. I test drove in a busy city centre (peak traffic), tight turns, and on B roads. It is a good option but did not feel the absolute need for it.
I have a BMW 5 series and the Taycan turns better than the 5. I also occasionally drive a long wheel base 7 Series. Maybe I am used to driving slightly longer cars. I can easily make a U turn in my 5, when I see a lot of smaller cars struggling; and the Taycan was better - so I did not order it.
I really did not feel that the Taycan is a big car or has any issues in turning circles.
Yes, it is a wide car, but RAS is not going to help with the width.
On a narrow country road, it does bring out the screams from passengers when another vehicle is approaching !

Massage Seats:
I have them in my 5 series, but have not specced for the Taycan.
In the Taycan, the massage function is only on the back rest and not on the base. I did not spec for this reason... as it is my legs/thigh portion that get tired.

Mode 3 cable:
You do not ned to spec the £370 option. The cable comes with the car as standard spec.

Black Trim:
Personal choice.
I have silver trim on my 4S as it goes with the wheels and the model name at the back. I contemplated going to black, but then saw a Gentian Blue with silver, and it looked good; so saved the cash. Mine is Gentian Blue.
If changing to black gloss, then change all exterior to black - my suggestion.

ALK:
I believe this is now standard equipment; hence not seeing it as an option.

InnoDrive: As long as you specify Active Cruise, you can enable INNO later through FOD. Our UK roads are far too busy and chaotic (too many changing speed limits) for the system to be actually useful.
Also, I think the INNO (at the moment) is not very user friendly; maybe an update later would improve it.
If it does happen, I'll take it through FoD.
Active Cruise control - definitely useful. I have it on all my cars since last 7 years.

Hope the above helps and good luck.
This is great stuff, thank you.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Get Bose! Base stereo sucks period.
+1

also, rear stear…if I recall, lots of UK members said that’s a must have. And, I love it as well.
i’d also recommend ALK.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
+1

also, rear stear…if I recall, lots of UK members said that’s a must have. And, I love it as well.
i’d also recommend ALK.
I find lane keep assist annoying. Jerks the car too much

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
[QUOTE="Rusk, post:
Good spot and I've looked at this a lot. From what I can tell leather interior changes very little on the actual seats but adds dash and doors in leather, etc. am I wrong? The standard seats are cloth in the centre but leather around

Aren't the standard partial leather seats on the CT4S leather in the centre and leatherette around the edges?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn’t like it in the beginning…but i’d buy it again.
LKA is standard. My '21 RWD has it - I didn't order it. LCA is optional.

OP
OP
Rusk

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Mode 3 cable:
I see the standard equipment has public charging cable listed, is that the same as the mode 3 cable?

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I see the standard equipment has public charging cable listed, is that the same as the mode 3 cable?
Yes For the cable.

On the leather option, I suggest to go and see the difference. The configurator does not do justice.
The dash and other bits do make it look more ‘luxurious’. Also, the added benefit of potentially less rattle with leather than plastic.
On the whole, the plastic bits in the Taycan are of a ‘poor’ quality, doesn’t matcha car worth £100,000. Low spec BMWs have better plastics, but it is what it is.

I have always specced full leather in all my cars, so opted for the Black/ Crayon 2-tone leather. Wanted to go full stream with Olea - but all budget constraints.
Sponsored