HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
My point was that a Taycan IS an electric Panamera...?
The joke I well understood. After I previously had a Panamera I find that you can not put both on the same level. Porsche makes a difference with more luxury in the Panamera. Self-closing doors that are held in every position. I miss it very much.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The joke I well understood. After I previously had a Panamera I find that you can not put both on the same level. Porsche makes a difference with more luxury in the Panamera. Self-closing doors that are held in every position. I miss it very much.
I actually miss self-closing doors too. The biggest miss of the Taycan IMHO. However, if Porsche would convert the Panamera to a full BEV, it would be very close to and heavily overlapping with the Taycan in terms of dimensions and probably also weight, performance and road-feel…

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I actually miss self-closing doors too. The biggest miss of the Taycan IMHO. However, if Porsche would convert the Panamera to a full BEV, it would be very close to and heavily overlapping with the Taycan in terms of dimensions and probably also weight, performance and road-feel…
I would think the Taycan is just a slimmed-down, more sporty Panamera. Finally, the basic price is cheaper. For all other brands EV is always more expensive.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I would think the Taycan is just a slimmed-down, more sporty Panamera. Finally, the basic price is cheaper. For all other brands EV is always more expensive.
Agree but I think the Taycan is how the Panamera always should've been: a sporty 4-door sedan/hatchback.
Panamera looks rather too "fat" to look sporty if you know what I mean...?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Well, may be true. Your guess of how Porsche will structure its future BEV model line-up is as good as mine. It is very well possible that Porsche will decide to have both a more sporty sedan (Taycan) and a more stately sedan (Panamera successor) in its range. However, with the current global consumer taste (unfortunately) moving away from sedans towards SUVs, my bet would be that Porsche evolves to one or two electric two-door sports cars, one electric four/five-door sedan, a smaller electric SUV and a larger electric SUV.

Deleted member 1697

Going to reserve a little space in my garage for this little city car. Especially if they bring a Turbo version :)
2022 renault "five"
2023 wait a little for an "RS" version "renault sport" FWD ESM 160KW300Nm
2024 you know there will be the ALPINE version AWD (lotus+alpine+renault= :)

(CMF-BEV platform +/-60KW, AWD 2motors ESM 2x160KW300Nm :) :)

Porsche Taycan Anyone considering other EV's? 1632069542895

Porsche Taycan Anyone considering other EV's? 1632069542899

Last edited by a moderator:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My wife has a deposit on an F150 Lightning
Funny, my wife is considering F150L too, but she wants to test drive it first. Her other alternative right might be the EQS, but she also still likes her current car very much. We're both driving Model S right now, I decided to switch to Taycan CT because finally there is an EV alternative with the versatility and performance similar to my Model S. Of course, with Porsche delays, if I end up liking the EQS or some other new EV that comes to market before I manage to get my hands on a Porsche, I might switch too (sorry, I am not die hard fan of any brand, I buy cars I like based on their own merits at the time, and that includes availability). I had an opportunity recently to buy the eTron GT, if it had a hatchback (like the Model S) and wasn't marked up $25K above MSRP, I would have gone for it. Perhaps if Audi makes an estate version soon, my wife will consider it too.

It's really hard to consider other cars with most of them only being available on paper and/or youtube videos. I am not one to buy cars based on paper specs, neither is my wife.

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Honestly why I think longer range plug in hybrids have a good purpose. Especially in SUVs where aerodynamics are more difficult.

My wife has a Cayenne E-hybrid that for her day to day uses just the battery (which is only about 25 miles range). When we need it for longer trips though, it's still very convenient and we aren't stuck stopping at chargers along the way.

A plug in luxury hybrid with 50-70 miles of range will be a killer IMHO.
BMW X5 xDrive 45e has a 54 mile range...

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
BMW X5 xDrive 45e has a 54 mile range...
EPA has it at 31 miles. My boss drives one and our commute is mostly a straight shot of freeway with no traffic at 75mph, and she gets about 27 miles out of it consistently.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had self close doors on the Panamera and tried to get them on my wife's GLS. What's interesting is that from chats with Porsche & Mercedes, the soft-close doors add ~80-100lbs of weight (seems a lot but both told me the same thing). I'm guessing that's why it was excluded on the Taycan.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
NOT HAVING HAD A PANAMERA AND PERSONALLY (FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN) WITH THE TAYCAN BEING A BETTER LOOKING RIDE WITH MANY SIMILARITIES, BUT BETTER HANDLING ETC, CAN YOU EDUCATE ME AS TO WHY THAT IS YOUR DESIRED EV? THANKS! (BESIDES SELF CLOSING DOORS, AS THAT IS NOT A CONCERN IN PICKING A VEHICLE FOR ME)
IMO my Panamera felt a lot more luxurious on the inside and had A LOT more backseat space.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
THANKS! IVE FOLLOWED YOUR TAYCAN JOURNEY A BIT ON HERE, AND NOTICED THAT YOU SOLD YOUR 4S SHORTLY AFTER GETTING IT. YOU HAVE A TURBO S ON ORDER NOW? CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THAT DECISION AND WHY YOU WERENT HAPPY WITH THE 4S? SPEED? DO YOU TRACK YOUR CARS? THANKS!
I sold my Panamera 4S after ~2 years. I have a Taycan Turbo now I'm considering selling. I work in the auto space and cars an [expensive] hobby for me. The Panamera 4S felt a tiny bit under powered yes. Taycan Turbo is fast enough but my situation changed and I barely drive now (I don't think I need the Turbo to drive the kids 1mi to school one time a week).