Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I had self close doors on the Panamera and tried to get them on my wife's GLS. What's interesting is that from chats with Porsche & Mercedes, the soft-close doors add ~80-100lbs of weight (seems a lot but both told me the same thing). I'm guessing that's why it was excluded on the Taycan.
Wow. That would be quite a weight penalty.
Sponsored

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Sold out, right? Did you get one?
The launch edition sold out in 10 minutes. We decided against the launch edition as it was a choice of two exterior colors and two interior colors with a fixed list of features.

We are on the list for the upcoming higher end model which will be dual motor/awd and available in a wider range colors inside and out.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The launch edition sold out in 10 minutes. We decided against the launch edition as it was a choice of two exterior colors and two interior colors with a fixed list of features.

We are on the list for the upcoming higher end model which will be dual motor/awd and available in a wider range colors inside and out.
Do you know how big the battery will be, roughly?

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
The Launch Edition comes with a 100.4 kWh battery

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I’ve owned Tesla’s, and have zero interest in those, the Lucid is very Tesla like and I have no interest in those. The MBs look interesting and in three years when my taycan lease is over I might look at those. The only current EV worth considering is the Audi. Maybe the caddy will be good but GMs past ev cars don’t inspire confidence
I agree. The need to look right to the “dashboard” of the Tesla is really distracting and its Calvin is mundane. Fit, look, quality and handling exemplify the TC.
Sponsored