ghorwood

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting ST GTS
Country flag
First trip from Sheffield to London and using public chargers all worked seamlessly, what did not was having both side mirrors stolen. Had only been parked up for a couple of hours popped back to the car and both mirrors missing…seems all the cables were removed and just the glass taken. The mirror were folded up so obviously they had to force the mirrors down, disappointed that didn’t trigger the alarm…assume stolen to sell???
Porsche Taycan Anyone had their side mirrors stolen??? IMG_4192
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Such an odd thing to steal but I guess the thieves know how much Porsche charges for these mirrors

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd keep your eye on the local reseller market (e.g., it is Craigs List or eBay, sometimes Amazon here in the US). It would be interesting to see if they pop up for sale.

Last edited:

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
First trip from Sheffield to London and using public chargers all worked seamlessly, what did not was having both side mirrors stolen. Had only been parked up for a couple of hours popped back to the car and both mirrors missing…seems all the cables were removed and just the glass taken. The mirror were folded up so obviously they had to force the mirrors down, disappointed that didn’t trigger the alarm…assume stolen to sell???
IMG_4192.jpeg
Sorry to hear this. Where were you parked (town / city) when it happened?

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's a thing. My cousin had her mirrors stolen from her BMW. Also north London.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
IMG_4192.jpeg
Do you have a folding side mirrors?

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
I have a theory. The euro glass is concave and has a wider view angle than the flat mirror we get in NA. People know this; so there is an aftermarket for the euro mirror glass in NA. I'm sorry to say that your mirrors might show up on ebay and get shipped across the pond

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I have a theory. The euro glass is concave and has a wider view angle than the flat mirror we get in NA. People know this; so there is an aftermarket for the euro mirror glass in NA. I'm sorry to say that your mirrors might show up on ebay and get shipped across the pond
Can the NA market just not order the euro style mirror?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pretty sure that seller eurcarparts1 is selling stolen parts.

They have absolutely nothing to doing with the real Euro Car Parts which most Brit drivers would recognise, so a convenient shill used by them as a confidence hoax.

If you look at their contact details on fleabay, it points to an accountancy firm in N3. So the seller sounds dodgy as all hell.
Sponsored