April 2022 Deliveries

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
San Martin has arrived in Davisville. TYD has not updated but I am calling it. Making good progress.

Porsche Taycan April 2022 Deliveries 1650555044431
Sponsored

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Was just told my car has a “stop sale” on it and can’t be sold til a part arrives. Guess what it’s stopped for……. The darn interior motion sensor fix. I told the dealer I know how to disable this already, and was planning on doing it as soon as I received the car. But that didn’t work…. He says it’s due Monday or Tuesday. I wonder if TYD will track that part…..😔

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Got this photo from my SA yesterday. My 4S was supposed to be an early May delivery but Christmas came early!

Key dates:
Ordered: 2021-12-20
Lock date: 2022-01-19
Production started: 2022-02-15
Production finished: 2022-02-23
Arrived at dealer: 2022-04-25

The car had 22 miles on the odometer (seems high but I have no reference other than my BMW M3 which only had 7.9 miles). The car came with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. No new PCM (colored icons) unfortunately.

I'll be finalizing the paperwork this weekend and picking it up next week (in May). Then it's off for a full PPF. The wait is going to kill me.

Porsche Taycan April 2022 Deliveries 4s

OP
OP
gnop1950

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The Grand Legacy, with my car on board, is now docked in San Diego so it did make it to the US in April. Even if it doesn't take long to clear the port there is zero chance it will be delivered in April. TYD is showing early May for arrival at the dealer. I'm too lazy to change threads to the May thread so I'll hang out here until I pick it up.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got this photo from my SA yesterday. My 4S was supposed to be an early May delivery but Christmas came early!

Key dates:
Ordered: 2021-12-20
Lock date: 2022-01-19
Production started: 2022-02-15
Production finished: 2022-02-23
Arrived at dealer: 2022-04-25

The car had 22 miles on the odometer (seems high but I have no reference other than my BMW M3 which only had 7.9 miles). The car came with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. No new PCM (colored icons) unfortunately.

I'll be finalizing the paperwork this weekend and picking it up next week (in May). Then it's off for a full PPF. The wait is going to kill me.

4s.jpg
Congrats, I know the feeling. As for the miles, I am curious too. Mine had 26, but I didn't press the issue since I've always had a personal rule of it's ok if it's under 30. But, wonder why they needed 26 miles to test it out.

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Congrats, I know the feeling. As for the miles, I am curious too. Mine had 26, but I didn't press the issue since I've always had a personal rule of it's ok if it's under 30. But, wonder why they needed 26 miles to test it out.
Thanks! I can't wait but at the same time I can because I have things I'm waiting for and need to get done before it arrives.

For me, if it has "high mileage" and wasn't a dealer lot car, I'm okay with it. The BMWs I've bought new have been single digit miles, so it surprised me that the Taycan was 22 miles. Either Porsche does a lot more testing on their cars (I can appreciate that) or mine was picked as a car that went through more extensive test (which I'm okay with as well).

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I don’t know whether BMW continues to do the same, but when I received my E34 M5 which came all the way from the M Division on its own on a single car lorry straight to the dealer in Madrid in 1990, it showed -32km on the clock ! I was told they all left the assembly line with -50km… a sneaky way of you thinking they had few km ! This was the last generation built by hand at the M division and not on the mainstream assembly line.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Final Delivery Update

After deciding to go EV in 2020 and doing much research on options and many slippery slopes I ended up selecting the Taycan, $30k of options make me question how practical I claim to be.

Thank you to many in this forum which was my main source of research.

I wanted my Taycan to arrive in the summer and six months sounded like the expected wait time. I started searching in December for an allocation and my goal to not pay over MSRP. Created my dealer list expecting to have to call half the country. Turns out my local dealer had an allocation for ‘April’. I thought to myself that is too early, suddenly I could hear all your voices saying ‘don’t you dare walk away’, so I ordered.

I was told to expect delays which was fine by me and not surprising given COVID, semiconductor shortages and overall supply chain issues.

Since ordering the Felicity Ace sank, SFL Conductor damaged cars and 2 days after my Taycan went into production, assembly lines stopped due to the Ukraine invasion.

Original delivery date: April 22
Actual delivery date: April 23

Future readers: This may or may not be your experience.

I picked up my Taycan less than 24 hours ago . I had to take a 120 mile trip this morning. Last night I setup my profile and timer. Everything worked. I arrived with 63% battery so even that was awesome.

Build dates: 2/28-3/29 (with 3 week shutdown in between)
Missing parts: None that I know
Electronic steering column: Yes
PCM with colors: Yes
Charging planner: Yes
Alarm issues: None so far

Porsche Taycan April 2022 Deliveries 1651084715432

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Final Delivery Update

After deciding to go EV in 2020 and doing much research on options and many slippery slopes I ended up selecting the Taycan, $30k of options make me question how practical I claim to be.

Thank you to many in this forum which was my main source of research.

I wanted my Taycan to arrive in the summer and six months sounded like the expected wait time. I started searching in December for an allocation and my goal to not pay over MSRP. Created my dealer list expecting to have to call half the country. Turns out my local dealer had an allocation for ‘April’. I thought to myself that is too early, suddenly I could hear all your voices saying ‘don’t you dare walk away’, so I ordered.

I was told to expect delays which was fine by me and not surprising given COVID, semiconductor shortages and overall supply chain issues.

Since ordering the Felicity Ace sank, SFL Conductor damaged cars and 2 days after my Taycan went into production, assembly lines stopped due to the Ukraine invasion.

Original delivery date: April 22
Actual delivery date: April 23

Future readers: This may or may not be your experience.

I picked up my Taycan less than 24 hours ago . I had to take a 120 mile trip this morning. Last night I setup my profile and timer. Everything worked. I arrived with 63% battery so even that was awesome.

Build dates: 2/28-3/29 (with 3 week shutdown in between)
Missing parts: None that I know
Electronic steering column: Yes
PCM with colors: Yes
Charging planner: Yes
Alarm issues: None so far

1651084715432.png
Congrats….I got tinted this week….South Florida Summer heat knocking on the door….send some photos of your new ride!

Porsche Taycan April 2022 Deliveries D86C7734-17B5-4588-8378-706FC40E4D00

OP
OP
gnop1950

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Well, wonders never cease. It looks like my Taycan will make it to the dealer in April. TYD is now showing en route to the dealer as of today and it should only take a day to get there. Although it will be at least some time next week before I can pick it up. Assuming there are no holds once it arrives at the dealer.
Sponsored