First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th…

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
What I mean is when can this update be expected to be activated in each country. It does not seem that all countries get the update at the same time. Guess the back end has extremely low capacity, given all the connectivity issues around
All right… i am ok with you, this “culture du secret “ is quite stupid.
About connectivity, no connection between myporsche app, my car and Porsche server since a week,even with 3 contacts with Porsche. It was better after ona5 install but it’s over….
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
All right… i am ok with you, this “culture du secret “ is quite stupid.
About connectivity, no connection between myporsche app, my car and Porsche server since a week,even with 3 contacts with Porsche. It was better after ona5 install but it’s over….
So you have actually received the ONA 5 update and are based in France?

Interesting. Will see if I will be getting that update anytime soon.

I on the other hand have lucky to see connection between car, app and servers lately.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Yes ,may 5th and ONA7 about 3 weeks later
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… 01F8CF1F-BA0E-47FB-A8ED-69958D744908
Porsche Taycan First real OTA update for the Taycan 2020 and 2021 happening April 27th… 07196291-93CB-4097-8FBE-9C703419BC2F

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Funny enough,
Had a seemingly successful ONA5 OTA and then ON7 a day later last month.

Ever since then, MY PORSCHE app has gone wacko giving me incomplete information about my 4s MY2021 (no data about SoC, tire pressures and charging functions…..).

Contacted Porsche customer support and after a week of cogitation, they came back with the conclusion that my ONA5 - 7 OTA updates were incomplete and I need to take the car back to the dealer so they can be re-installed through hardware (piwis).

Funny enough, last week, I got stranded with a 12V battery failure. Any relationship?

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Ever since then, MY PORSCHE app has gone wacko giving me incomplete information about my 4s MY2021 (no data about SoC, tire pressures and charging functions…..).
My MY PORSCHE app has never shown tyre pressures although everything else seems to be working ok following my ONA5 and ONA7 updates. The former Porsche Connect app did show tyre pressure, (as indeed does the web version of MY PORSCHE at My Porsche > About my vehicle > Vehicle Status) but of course it’s pretty academic if you’ve not used the car for more than a few hours.

Sorry to hear about your subsequent battery problem. I’ve not driven my car since the updates so hope the same doesn’t happen to me! :please:

Last edited:

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
UPDATE:

So I contacted Customer Services via email [email protected] and received the following reply:

I have received feedback on the technical ticket regarding the Online Software update error message appearing in your vehicles PCM.
Your vehicle is required to visit a Porsche Centre to have a Manual Software update completed, this is because the software update cannot currently be completed Over-The-Air. In the meantime, our experts have provided instructions to complete, this should temporarily make the Software update message disappear from your vehicle PCM display.
Please complete the following steps in your vehicles PCM display to see if this removes the Online Software update error message.
  • In your vehicle PCM display select ‘Updates’.
    • Once in the ‘Updates’ screen, place two fingers at the top right of the screen and hold them there for several seconds.
    • This should then bring up the REM (red developer menu) in your vehicles PCM display.
    • If the REM (red developer menu) appears select the option ‘Reboot to normal mode’.
    • This should then take you back out of the REM (red developer menu) and the Online Software update error message should disappear.
I followed the instructions, rebooted from the REM, and then got 11 messages informing me that updates were installing. Having waited a while to install 10 of the Infotainment system updates, this left a single message informing me that the ONA5 ‘Function Improvements’ update was ready to be installed.

I followed the installation instructions and this time it began to install. At 13.50 I exited the vehicle and locked it, as per the instructions, and could see that it was installing by the message on the instrument cluster:

73052509-A6AB-4CB5-A18F-6A5868D38B9C.jpeg

When I returned to the car at 15.50 I got the following message:

A7AB1900-2A80-4FB1-8EB1-137C480AAFEB.jpeg

So this appears to have successfully installed ONA5. I’ve not yet had much of a chance to see what improvements there are but can report that the PCM has far less lag.

This morning I thought I’d check to see if there were other OTA updates and I found the following message:

D2E09C99-5E40-4C83-8306-D88AF8CDB6B7.jpeg

Again I seem to have successfully installed this so I believe the system is now up to date.

It appears therefore that my car had some sort of blockage which was not allowing it to install the ONA5 (and subsequent ONA7) update, or the 10 infotainment updates, and rebooting the PCM via the REM sorted it.

Perhaps using the REM is a safer way to sort problems rather than going through the process of disconnecting the 12V battery, as has been described elsewhere on this forum?

I have now sent an update to Customer Services asking whether my system is in fact fully up to date and, if so, whether I can now cancel my appointment with the dealer. I do hope so!
I contacted Porsche customer service and after some emailing they said I should be able to install ONA7 within 7 days. And today I tried to install it again (after failing a hundred times). And it worked. Installed. Got the confirmation message. Porsche smartmobility customer service can apparently fix this.