Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dumb me i guess but was going through pcm after uPdate checking settings and noticed regen was off. Have always liked the coasting feature although different driving/braking style vs ICE. Reread good to know and seems like auto is a good choice.

What have been your guys experiences?
Sponsored

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sometimes with regen off the coasting is almost TOO good - I use it in auto mode when in traffic to help slow down more smoothly, off when on clear roads.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dumb me i guess but was going through pcm after uPdate checking settings and noticed regen was off. Have always liked the coasting feature although different driving/braking style vs ICE. Reread good to know and seems like auto is a good choice.

What have been your guys experiences?
Auto can be unreliable due to various external dependencies - was flakey before uPdate but seems better post uPdate.

Marginal recuperation gains with what is overrun recuperation. More energy recuperated when using the brake pedal.

If I use it I prefer manual recuperation especially around town.

Reactions: B61

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I get my best kWh rating with auto regen off. That’s how I now drive most of the time.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Not tested indepth but over the 4k miles I've done I seem to get better range with regen off. Also I prefer how the car drives with it off. Feels more like a ICE Porsche. But thats my preference.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I first got my car I loved the autoregen... Used it all the time and was seriously annoyed that porsche didn't make it the default setting.

Now after a few thousand KMs and having gotten used the Taycan's ability to coast endlessly, I rarely use any sort of regen. Usually only going down a long hill when I'm too lazy to press the brake pedal lol

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just switch it to 'auto' as soon as I get in the car, using the steering wheel button.

I have just got used to it now, especially auto braking when traffic slows.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I have auto regen selected in my individual drive setting which is the one I normally use. My experience is that the car will still coast under most circumstances yet will slow automatically when approaching other vehicles without having to apply the brakes.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sometimes with regen off the coasting is almost TOO good - I use it in auto mode when in traffic to help slow down more smoothly, off when on clear roads.
Same here…even if i’m still affraid to use it since break lights doesn’t lights when auto-regen slows down, so driver behind me doesn;t see that my car is breaking.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Slightly off topic........ Can you add sports sound to the individual drive setting? - I ask because that would free up the steering wheel button (otherwise used for this) - as a tactical auto-regen toggle.

Edit - found out that you can add sports-sound (or not) to individual setting

Last edited:

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I could be wrong but it seems to me that the savings on brake replacement would be for more significant than the savings in kWh. I also have regen selected in Individual more and give it a twist for city(ish) driving. I coast on the highways.

Reactions: B61

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Slightly off topic........ Can you add sports sound to the individual drive setting? - I ask because that would free up the steering wheel button (otherwise used for this) - as a tactical auto-regen toggle.

Edit - found out that you can add sports-sound (or not) to individual setting
FYI there is a Regen button on the steering wheel already. Left side, battery with a circle around it icon.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FYI there is a Regen button on the steering wheel already. Left side, battery with a circle around it icon.
Thanks L - Did not know that - still waiting for my car. That makes sense. I thought it was strange not to exist given there are no 'regen paddles' - cheers