Back seats 2+1

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old post but my dealer reckons if i dont have this option it will take £2k of the residuals, i dont really want it as i think it looks better without but i wouldnt want to hurt potential resale...
That’s a staggering amount for a relatively small feature. I ordered it but not for resale…just convenience.
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don’t you get that pass through opening with it as well. I find it to be useful.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I don‘t need it and won’t be ordering it - not least because I don’t like the way the rear seats don’t match the fronts when you add it. Of course if you need the functionality, then that won’t be so important to you.

I really don’t buy the re-sale value argument - there will be few of the cars available in a few years’ time, so buyers will be forced to make compromises somewhere. Of course for some people it will be an essential.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Just out of interest..... If you have 18way front seats, the rear seats only match these if you DON'T have the 4+1 option?

That is, with 4+1 the rear seats only way to match the front seats is with 14W and 8W?

I thought it was just a rendering glitch in the confuserator... weird.

cheers

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have chosen it since I may need a 3rd seat for small children from time to time and it gives the 40:20:40 seat split for long objects as well. The oddments tray is so shallow I wouldn’t expect much to stay in it when I am driving anyway.
The fact that it only has comfort seats rather than sports seats is fine by me since I preferred the comfort front seats anyway.
Not expensive for what you get compared to many options too.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback guys! finally got an allocation and I'm just finalising the build, i have looked at loads of pics regarding the rear seats and it just looks better to me in the 2 seat config. I haven’t had the need for 3 rear passengers for years plus i also have a VW transporter for work, also means i can have painted mirrors.
That centre seat looks so small seems pointless to me but I understand those that may need it or the seat split.
My code for those intrested.

Porsche Taycan Back seats 2+1 1381EB76-78EE-494D-B3F7-DAE2E8FB96E8

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if it’s just me, but I can’t get your code to work?

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Not sure if it’s just me, but I can’t get your code to work?
Hey, works for me make sure to put the number zero at the end.
Very similar to my current Macan Turbo.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey, works for me make sure to put the number zero at the end.
Very similar to my current Macan Turbo.
Thanks, that worked - opening the link seemed to add a ‘C’ instead of the ‘0’ at the end.

I do like the red interior with black exterior paint.

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Biggest "con" for me is the seat centre mismatch...maybe by the time mine gets made they'll have sorted this :)

The pros are massive. Being *able* to carry that third person in the back occasionally is potentially huge. The 40:20:40 split seats are much more functional.

The storage tray is useless.

The seatbelt for the centre seat sits a little funny. Again, I would think they could do better with that. But it's not a deal breaker.

I can also see the point on resale values. I think it will be one of those options that people look for.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Biggest "con" for me is the seat centre mismatch...maybe by the time mine gets made they'll have sorted this :)

The pros are massive. Being *able* to carry that third person in the back occasionally is potentially huge. The 40:20:40 split seats are much more functional.

The storage tray is useless.

The seatbelt for the centre seat sits a little funny. Again, I would think they could do better with that. But it's not a deal breaker.

I can also see the point on resale values. I think it will be one of those options that people look for.
That third belt buckle sits really tight to the passenger, almost like you are sitting on it. I like the idea of a 4 seater GT im guessing this was the original design idea?

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
It's great for dad cabs runs transporting the kids and 2 friends. For a couple of hundred it's a no brainer. Don't think it looks bad and doesn't impact the other 2 seats. It's a just in case seat.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
It's great for dad cabs runs transporting the kids and 2 friends. For a couple of hundred it's a no brainer. Don't think it looks bad and doesn't impact the other 2 seats. It's a just in case seat.

100%

Case-in-point, yesterday my 7yo took the middle seat so grandpa could ride with us instead of caravan ~35mi north for an appointment. She initially complained about the middle seat but she fit well between my wife and our 3yo’s rather large car seat. No complaints after she was belted in.

Grandpa saved $50 between gas and tolls by riding with us, plus an extra hour interacting with the grandkids. He also paid for lunch since we made it easier on him. Not that I thought of it at the time, but looking back it was good ROI lol

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Absolute no brainer to config 2+1 especially for something so anal (cosmetics) that only those of us living the configurator have ever noticed. If the Taycan was a track car and it was instead optioning rear seats, I would understand the argument more. But the Taycan is a luxury 4-door sports car that balances practicality.

I'm yet to hear a single report from any owner on this forum that someone admiring their car remarked at the mismatch between their front and rear seats, before collapsing on the floor in protest at such an abomination.

Even if you don't think anyone will ever use the middle seat, will anyone ever use that pointless tray instead?

If the answer is no, then spec the 2+1 for:
  1. Resale value, as it instantly opens up a family buying audience. Families generally have more money than single people, not least with dual incomes. They're also older, and that too increases probability that they have the budget to afford a Taycan. In short, you will have significantly more buyers, not least as by 2025/6 when you offload your Taycan, that much smaller single-person buyer will have two-door Porsche, Merc and other high-end EVs to spend their money on to woo all their Tinder matches...
  2. You can collapse the middle seat for extra storage space.
  3. No one will notice the mismatch in front and rear seat design, and nor will you as you will only ever see the front seat design when getting into your car.
Sponsored