OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I only charge at home on 48Amp out and car receiving solid just below 11kW during charging.
I use Timer function to charge overnight from 9pm to 6am.

1) Delivery SoH = 99.95% (Measured July 1, 2023)
2) Current SoH = 95.00% (Measured September 15, 2023)
3) Current mileage = 1008
4) kWh DC charging: 1 time during PDI to 100% and 1 time at EA as test to go from 10% to 35%
5) Build date April 2023

This is a pretty dramatic drop for the first 1,000 miles.
I assume to be expected, before it slows down.

Also, interesting to see the cell voltage from my last reading at 500 miles (August 18, 2023):

500 miles read: Min 3.869 Max 3.875 Avg 3.8716
1000 mile read: Min 4.012 Max 4.023 Avg 4.018
Chart updated.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
New readin

Updated data points for my car...
Current SoH - 95.25%
Current Mileage - 8184
0 new DCFC sessions since last update.
1 charge to 100% for a trip
30-85% is my typical SoC at any given time.

Note: I'm in TX so you know it's super hot in the garage while the car is charging right now, even in the middle of the night. Attaching screenshot of individual cell voltages which look nice overall.
Latest updated readings for you...

Current SoH - 95.12%
Current Mileage - 10281
0 new DCFC sessions since last update
0 charges to 100% since last update
20-85% is my typical SoC at any given time

I'm so happy that the intense, triple digit heat has subsided. One thing to note about my setup, I don't have a climate controlled garage but I did install vents in my 2 garage doors and a vent fan in my garage ceiling that runs all the time when it's hot. It's still hot in my garage but the attic fan and garage door vents help to keep air moving.

Cell voltage distribution looks good...

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance IMG_0733

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Current SoH - 95.12%
Current Mileage - 10281

I'm so happy that the intense, triple digit heat has subsided. One thing to note about my setup, I don't have a climate controlled garage but I did install vents in my 2 garage doors and a vent fan in my garage ceiling that runs all the time when it's hot. It's still hot in my garage but the attic fan and garage door vents help to keep air moving.

Cell voltage distribution looks good...

IMG_0733.jpg
Ha - have the exact same setup i.e. vents all round the base of my elevated garage (required in flood zone) and I have a solar power heat extraction vent I installed on my roof - still hit 100+ over multiple days in there during last 3 months!

But yes nice to see the temps falling off at last, and heck we even got our first rain showers in 2 months+ - good day :) as has been brutal.

Super interested to get my PIWIS SoH readout but looking like it will be next week as heard nothing back from dealership re the RHS charging issue (post last update).

Thx for latest data and will upload asap.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Current SoH - 95.12%
Current Mileage - 10281
It is interesting how your battery is basically the only 'hot' zone car that plots squarely in the 'Cool' zone field - personally suspect each iteration of the battery builds are being optimized via balancing chemistries or maintenance management etc. such that we may be seeing incremental annual improvements in manufacturing and performance/output here. Latest reports from 2020 cars with 2023 replacement batteries are seeing fairly remarkable upticks in guessometer ranges etc. Almost makes my want mine to dip below 80% before the warranty limit to get a refresh! :)

PS: your latest data uploaded.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
@Daniel Its a bit strange to have 15% battery loss after two years at very low mileage with your car.
I wonder if you notice reduced range during your driving. I mean your should see around 60 km less range on average.
Sorry for the late answer
No noticeable drop of range or GOM , but nice warm weather helped.
Another thing, with very calm driving, I think that the big update has improved the efficiency of the car .
On the other hand, some observed a 5% drop in SoH very quickly, perhaps without having time to notice a range loss. I might be one of those
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance Range 100 pc

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another thing, with very calm driving, I think that the big update has improved the efficiency of the car .
On the other hand, some observed a 5% drop in SoH very quickly, perhaps without having time to notice a range loss. I might be one of those
Range 100 pc.jpg
Man alive - thats 300 mile in range mode with presumabl the AC off - max I've ever seen with that setup was 288 in my first summer (and never since), mostly taps out at closer to 275 or so now and of course just a GoM estimation vs real world consumptive.

Makes me even more curious to see that PIWIS SoH estimate from my car hopefully early next week, as I would have thought that your SoH should really have had some impact on that range calculation unless the OBDII reading is significantly off - interesting!

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
RWD on 20" and small battery (I think you are only tracking the PB+, anyhow here are my results )

1) Delivery Soh - unk
2) Current SoH - 92% (read out done by dealer)
3) Current mileage - 36.000km at time of measurement, now 45.000km
4) kWh DC charging - (15%)
5) Build date - april 2021

I know this is not very scientific, but did a range test when the car was new. It was around 18 degrees c average, drove 411km (mostly highway, speed limit 100km/h) had 40km left when reaching the charger. Thats actually 20km more then WLTP range in real world conditions!

Now did the same thing after 45.000km. It was around 25 degrees c, drove 345km (mostly highway, speed limit 100km/h), had 113km left before reaching the charger. Pretty sure that if i kept driving i could drive over 460km!

Both were done with music on, a/c on and normal tyre pressure. The last drive was with an extra person aboard.

Dont know how this is possible with the % of battery loss, nevertheless im happy with it 😅

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 20230911_153056

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 20230911_153102

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
RWD on 20" and small battery (I think you are only tracking the PB+, anyhow here are my results )

1) Delivery Soh - unk
2) Current SoH - 92% (read out done by dealer)
3) Current mileage - 36.000km at time of measurement, now 45.000km
4) kWh DC charging - (15%)
5) Build date - april 2021

I know this is not very scientific, but did a range test when the car was new. It was around 18 degrees c average, drove 411km (mostly highway, speed limit 100km/h) had 40km left when reaching the charger. Thats actually 20km more then WLTP range in real world conditions!

Now did the same thing after 45.000km. It was around 25 degrees c, drove 345km (mostly highway, speed limit 100km/h), had 113km left before reaching the charger. Pretty sure that if i kept driving i could drive over 460km!

Both were done with music on, a/c on and normal tyre pressure. The last drive was with an extra person aboard.

Dont know how this is possible with the % of battery loss, nevertheless im happy with it 😅

20230911_153056.jpg

20230911_153102.jpg
Great stuff - thx and will upload today - def track battery type - the RWD always has great range it seems largely due to weight savings (at least likely the biggest discriminator) but indeed your range tests impressive!

Do you recall if that dealership readout was from a PIWIS based test result- presumably so? Important as we have very few to compare against and actually would be great if you could grab an OBDII tool to measure via PCM to compare despite added mileage! I

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Man alive - thats 300 mile in range mode with presumabl the AC off - max I've ever seen with that setup was 288 in my first summer (and never since), mostly taps out at closer to 275 or so now and of course just a GoM estimation vs real world consumptive.
Makes me even more curious to see that PIWIS SoH estimate from my car hopefully early next week, as I would have thought that your SoH should really have had some impact on that range calculation unless the OBDII reading is significantly off - interesting!
GoM estimation normal mode was 464 km. battery energy 74.1 kwh and 84.96 SoH (car scanner)

The last consumptions , since charging (clim eco, 20 " CT4, south french alps roads , a lot of 35 km little journeys and no motorways)
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance Since chargin
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 100p100 soc

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK - so the dealership has read the Soh via PIWIS and drum roll .............. it is the EXACT SAME number as I got from my OBDII tool on drop off. This is the fourth independent test whereby a Forum mbr. has taken a reading and had their dealership (3) or a licensed 3rd party (1) deliver a SoH readout that was either the same or 1-2% different to that from the OBDII tools.

So all the negative comments in a separate thread re the trustworthiness of the OBDII tool are so far entirely unjustified. Would like of course to have more folk do this and hopefully we'll get additional 'dual' readouts.

Sad thing for me is that the 88% Soh after ca 7600 mies is real - almost hoping now that with a few mega long trips planned for next year that the trend will bump us under 80 to be eligible for a replacement battery otherwise I'l very likely be really close to or at 80% after 3 yrs are up.

And to the reason the car is at the dealership:

The issue with my LHS charge port appears to be real - they are ordering an entire replacement assembly and the associated wiring harness!!! Trying to find out how long that might take (and recover the car if I can to use it in the meantime if it means weeks!). So that OTA ca. July update I am guessing then had nothing to do with this failure (error occurred right after update) - just coincidence.

Lets keep the OBDII data coming as I suspect as I previously did that it is quite accurate for all your cars and the climate trends even more so.

My car's readout on PIWIS - MOST importantly this is a "Quick Readout" as stated on the PIWIS screen - I have no idea if a full multi-hour/day deep test would produce a markedly different result:

My OBDII reading on drop-off:

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance IMG_2420.PNG

The PIWIS "quick read' - also 88% which of course as of today is within spec:

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance image007

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Range 100 pc.jpg
That’s amazing.
I have CT4 with 32k km and I’ve never seen more than 440km @ 100%SoC after uPgrade last year.
My SoH is 89% (measured about two months ago), with about 400km (during winter 370km only).
I never charged on fast charger (up to 22kw only), but i charged up to 100% quite often (but the car was never parked more than few hours with 100%.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
IMHO range estimation is.... at best only an estimation. It depends on so many different parameters, weather, traffic, speed, etc... that i just take it as a guess.

That was just after a long trip, 3 persons, fully loaded (trunk and frunk), warm weather, on national roads ...

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance Screenshot_20230817-211659

... but it could be half if driving at 150/160 km/h (real average : 140km/h => 26.8 kWh/100 km)
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 20.19.16

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IMHO range estimation is.... at best only an estimation. It depends on so many different parameters, weather, traffic, speed, etc... that i just take it as a guess.

That was just after a long trip, 3 persons, fully loaded (trunk and frunk), warm weather, on national roads ...

Screenshot_20230817-211659.png

... but it could be half if driving at 150/160 km/h (real average : 140km/h => 26.8 kWh/100 km)
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 20.19.16.png
Yes indeed, and has been repeated here many times by yours truly and others :), exactly correct - we need consumptive data (calculated if poss. with your SoH i.e. against what actual usable battery you have) and the SoH readouts to obtain the latter when discussing any 'real' range variation.

That said :))), I did use close to an entire 2 year's worth of charging GoM ranging predictions (Post 1) wherein I can see an 'average' loss of range for year to year (which averages over seasonal GoM 'losses') which calculates to ca 10% decrease in overall per annum average range - this actually happens to near perfectly match my 12% loss in SoH but even that comparator needs to be judged carefully.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In my experiences, predictions were most od the time very close to real consumptions.
Sponsored