First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Greetings,
My Taycan 4S has 14,000 miles and it completely died on me. I couldn't get the doors to unlock or open the trunks. It has been in the shop for 5 days and I am told the battery has died. It will take 3-4 weeks for repair. Anyone has experienced this and any advice on how I should proceed with Porsche?
Christina
Sponsored

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Greetings,
My Taycan 4S has 14,000 miles and it completely died on me. I couldn't get the doors to unlock or open the trunks. It has been in the shop for 5 days and I am told the battery has died. It will take 3-4 weeks for repair. Anyone has experienced this and any advice on how I should proceed with Porsche?
Christina
Hi Christina, I had exactly the same experience at about 12k miles. The local Norwich Porsche dealership were quite condescending when i had a few episodes of the car not starting- telling me to wait for a bit and then try starting it again (this worked twice). Told me that there was nothing wrong with the Taycan batteries even though I knew from this forum that there was a car in Colchester (70miles away) in with exactly the same issue.
The car died and had to be towed to them amd it took almost 4 weeks to have the battery replaced. Was also told that they had to take special safety precautions around the garage with the battery that was damaged to be replaced. Even though they ignored my pleas for help as it spluttered before dying.
I got the battery replaced and have had no issues since. I have a thread here entitled Stupid, stupid, stupid battery if you want to have a look. C

OP
OP

Christina

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Christina, I had exactly the same experience at about 12k miles. The local Norwich Porsche dealership were quite condescending when i had a few episodes of the car not starting- telling me to wait for a bit and then try starting it again (this worked twice). Told me that there was nothing wrong with the Taycan batteries even though I knew from this forum that there was a car in Colchester (70miles away) in with exactly the same issue.
The car died and had to be towed to them amd it took almost 4 weeks to have the battery replaced. Was also told that they had to take special safety precautions around the garage with the battery that was damaged to be replaced. Even though they ignored my pleas for help as it spluttered before dying.
I got the battery replaced and have had no issues since. I have a thread here entitled Stupid, stupid, stupid battery if you want to have a look. C
Hi Caroline, thank you so much for this information. My car died the first time on 9/23 but then it worked itself out while I was on the phone with Roadside assistance. Then as of it last Thursday. It just went completely kaput. So frustrating! I am now also worried about fire hazard because sometimes it gets incredibly hot and other times you don't feel anything.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings,
Christina
What year is car ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi Caroline, thank you so much for this information. My car died the first time on 9/23 but then it worked itself out while I was on the phone with Roadside assistance. Then as of it last Thursday. It just went completely kaput. So frustrating! I am now also worried about fire hazard because sometimes it gets incredibly hot and other times you don't feel anything.
What gets hot Christina and when?

LATE-CT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourismo
Country flag

SHM

First Name
oOo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car developed a fault which I am told is battery related in June 2023....................4 months later I am still without my car as Porsche Nottingham UK are now saying there is a problem with the battery seal.
How long am I supposed to wait for the repair???.............it has now been in the garage longer than I have driven it without the problem. :(:rolleyes::no:
That is crazy, I would check out what laws apply to your country.
4 months deprecation and general market fall is a lot in 4 months!

Even if they give you a free loaner with same specs, you are kindof "locked" into that car. If you loose your job or want to buy a new car or whatever, you cant really sell it since its a hostage of the service center.
Sponsored