mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
The Charging NA app simply won't let me log in - it's stuck in Demo mode, and after logging in just shows "Login required. You are not logged in, so you cannot access this function" - in its typical fashion.

The Porsche Connect app shows all EA stations grayed out, and shows the red banner at the top: "Error when loading E-Stations (error: 233_GR_CM)"

I sent an email to [email protected] and we'll see how they respond. So far, it's been a wild emotional rollercoaster with EV and Taycan, in particular.

Porsche Taycan Cannot charge at Electrify America right now?! WTF Screenshot_20211130-092933_Chargi

Porsche Taycan Cannot charge at Electrify America right now?! WTF Screenshot_20211130-093252_Connect

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here. Logged out and doesn't log in again. all stations grayed out. maybe a temporary bug?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
EA works in mysterious ways. Yesterday was my most successful charging session yet, plug&charge worked, rate was good for this particular station and I was able to unplug the cable at the end. Not expecting to be able to repeat this anytime soon.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just came from an EA charging station. Used my Plug and Charge option and everything performed flawlessly.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Some of us don’t have Plug and Charge functionality ?
You should. There is an update for plug-n-charge capability. (2020MY)

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Charging NA app is complete trash and I can confirm that it hasn’t been working for at least two weeks ?

I don’t understand how something so critical to the EV ownership experience can be overlooked by Porsche. They’ve outsourced this to another company and Porsche Taycan owners are paying the price—literally. I couldn’t use the free charging included with the purchase of my Taycan and had to pay to charge using the Electrify America app.

If the app is not working for you, please let Porsche know by leaving a review in the App Store and submitting feedback to Porsche.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
EA works in mysterious ways. Yesterday was my most successful charging session yet, plug&charge worked, rate was good for this particular station and I was able to unplug the cable at the end. Not expecting to be able to repeat this anytime soon.
"Was able to unplug the cable at the end". That sentence puts the fear in me! :D

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
after looking at this thread I tried to login to EA via the phone app. no bueno. it is stuck in a loop.
I logged in via myporsche on both the phone and desktop, still no bueno.
something is completely FUBAR at porsche.

it could be that all the EA units have been free for the promotion that was going on?

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
You should. There is an update for plug-n-charge capability. (2020MY)
you have any data on this - reference? citation? my service advisor says this is not true - Plug&Charger is not supported on MY’2020 Taycan’s and Porsche has no announced intentions to provide such support.

I would welcome any references or notes that I could use to obtain this functionality via an update for my MY’2020 Taycan Turbo.

OP
OP
mod72346

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Tried Plug and Charge (at a EA location where it worked before) and charging worked. So the problem is with the mobile apps. Sad, how Porsche is awfully incapable of providing functional software and services. So pathetic.

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had this problem last weekend. I deleted both apps from my iPhone and redownloaded. Only then was I able to see the charging stations...they were greyed out, and hence didn't work.
Sponsored