PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd assume it's the little spacer causing the problem there. You could take off the marker, pry off the spacer with a knife and reglue it. See if that helps. They might have rushed it and if the glue wasn't set maybe the spacer slipped.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks Frank. The aft end of the side marker sticks out more than the right side. Here is a crappy photo.
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers LHS Side marker  photo 1.JPG

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My dealer said Porsche should release their own clear side markers for the Taycan...maybe those will fit more snug? Don't know when this will happen....I mean they already have them since outside the US clear side markers are standard.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
If installed correctly, the clear markers are quite tight (no wiggles) even without the spacers. The spacers look like they help to maintain the gap between the bottom of the marker and the body panel (vertical), not as much with controlling how flush the marker is with the body panel (horizontal). I did remove the spacers from the old markers and reglued them onto the new markers. It has been a while since I installed mine, but two key points I remember. It is better to pre tread the screw into the new marker before reinstalling it. I wonder if the screw is going in a bit sideways preventing the marker from being pulled in enough. When installed correctly, the replacement marker slides back in and the screw secures it very well and flush to the body panel without much manipulation.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer said Porsche should release their own clear side markers for the Taycan...maybe those will fit more snug? Don't know when this will happen....I mean they already have them since outside the US clear side markers are standard.
What Suncoast sells is the genuine Porsche European version. It is the exact same as the amber marker, it's just the reinstall requires a little finesse. The spacer or, as @wemct mentions, the screw can cause a slight alignment issue if not installed ideally.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
OK I will do an R&R on the LHS light assembly.
Follow up: I did the R&R on the LHS light assembly with no real improvement

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche doesn't have different markers in the US because they like orange. They're DOT required, so Porsche won't ever be offering them officially, as they technically aren't road legal.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Porsche doesn't have different markers in the US because they like orange. They're DOT required, so Porsche won't ever be offering them officially, as they technically aren't road legal.
Hi, not true. My dealer installed clear markers for me at delivery. They are legal since the LED lights up orange.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Hi, not true. My dealer installed clear markers for me at delivery. They are legal since the LED lights up orange.
what did they charge you to install them?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To clarify; US cars are required to have amber reflectors and lights for import. Some states are also required to have front license plates. But your dealer will still install clear markers or not install a front license plate in a state that requires them at your request.

The issue, I believe, is not the light portion but that cars must have amber REFLECTORS. Porsche does this by making the light casing reflective amber, thus satisfying both portions at once. Changing to clear removes the amber reflector but keeps the light.

It's Porsche's responsibility to manufacture & ship cars that meet regulations and the owner's responsibility to keep the car compliant, the dealership is not responsible.

By installing the clear markers you are technically in violation. However, the word technically is used very strongly here as you're almost certainly not going to get in trouble.

@rquinton It's just the cost of the clear markers to have them installed at/before delivery. You can look that up on Suncoast. I have not heard of anyone paying for the labor, my dealer offered to do it for free but I didn't get the markers in time.

Last edited:

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Got any pics of the clear side markers installed by your dealer? Any close up shots?

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
To clarify; US cars are required to have amber reflectors and lights for import. Some states are also required to have front license plates. But your dealer will still install clear markers or not install a front license plate in a state that requires them at your request.

The issue, I believe, is not the light portion but that cars must have amber REFLECTORS. Porsche does this by making the light casing reflective amber, thus satisfying both portions at once. Changing to clear removes the amber reflector but keeps the light.

It's Porsche's responsibility to manufacture & ship cars that meet regulations and the owner's responsibility to keep the car compliant, the dealership is not responsible.

By installing the clear markers you are technically in violation. However, the word technically is used very strongly here as you're almost certainly not going to get in trouble.

@rquinton It's just the cost of the clear markers to have them installed at/before delivery. You can look that up on Suncoast. I have not heard of anyone paying for the labor, my dealer offered to do it for free but I didn't get the markers in time.
Agree! But: I did have to pay for the labor. $$$