Completely lost in choosing between sedan and sport turismo + spec

simpleme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545
Country flag
Hello,

I decided to go full electric a while ago and gave myself a target budget of ~150K

I really love driving in a sporty and aggressive way (when I drive by myself and of course respecting others) . I drive by myself 90% of the time in the car. In the weekend I use the tesla model 3 of my wife majority of the time with my 2 kids (1 and 4)

Estethically, I have always dreamed - as of when I was a little boy - about the Porsche 911. As a result - I am very drawn to the Taycan Sedan version. Nevertheless, the dad in me wonders if it does not make more sense (as kids become older- need to go to soccer practice etc) to have more room in the trunk/ back seat and go for the sport turismo version. But this with the regret that I will spend a lot of my savings on something that is not 100% the shape of what I dreamed off.

I am just looking for some extra thoughts and opinions - experiences of other owners .

Here are the two specs:

So in summary my question would be:
1) Any thoughts on the sedan vs sport turismo choice
2) Any builds on the spec ?

Sedan: PPGQB667
Sport touring: PPQ5UIL5

Thank you so much in advance - really hoping to get some opinions
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
There's nothing practical about a dream car.

That being said, I'm a father of two. I ordered the sedan.

They both fit in the back without bumping their heads. I tried the back myself and I'm comfortable. I actually have more leg room then in a C-class Mercedes.

Go for the sedan

PS: my wife fully supported the idea. "It's your midlife crisis, go fully in"

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
IMO; go for the ST, since I first saw the Panamera ST a few years back I’m obsessed with Porsche ST’s. That said, the sedan is also a good choice!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello,

I decided to go full electric a while ago and gave myself a target budget of ~150K

I really love driving in a sporty and aggressive way (when I drive by myself and of course respecting others) . I drive by myself 90% of the time in the car. In the weekend I use the tesla model 3 of my wife majority of the time with my 2 kids (1 and 4)

Estethically, I have always dreamed - as of when I was a little boy - about the Porsche 911. As a result - I am very drawn to the Taycan Sedan version. Nevertheless, the dad in me wonders if it does not make more sense (as kids become older- need to go to soccer practice etc) to have more room in the trunk/ back seat and go for the sport turismo version. But this with the regret that I will spend a lot of my savings on something that is not 100% the shape of what I dreamed off.

I am just looking for some extra thoughts and opinions - experiences of other owners .

Here are the two specs:

So in summary my question would be:
1) Any thoughts on the sedan vs sport turismo choice
2) Any builds on the spec ?

Sedan: PPGQB667
Sport touring: PPQ5UIL5

Thank you so much in advance - really hoping to get some opinions
Ideally you have experienced both vehicles in person. The Taycan is considerably smaller on the inside than the exterior would indicate. My advice to those carrying people and things often is to go ST/CT. The rear seat and trunk areas are not terrible but getting people/things in and out of them often can become tedious because neither the rear door or trunk openings are especially generous.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
You’re driving by yourself 90% of the time, your kids are still little and will be that way for many years, and you favor the styling of the sedan. Why is this even a debate? Go with the sedan and deal with any space issues the couple of times a year it might happen. It’s your dream car, do it right.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If this will be your only car, the CT may be a better choice because you'll need cargo space as the kids grow. If you're keeping your Model 3, I suggest the sedan or a 911🙂.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
IMO; go for the ST, since I first saw the Panamera ST a few years back I’m obsessed with Porsche ST’s. That said, the sedan is also a good choice!
Fully agree, but!

But this with the regret that I will spend a lot of my savings on something that is not 100% the shape of what I dreamed off.
If your heart is set on the sedan, take that. You can always look at a cheap family hauler if / when the kids grow up. I liked the ST even more, so went with that.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I like the saloon styling, but the ST styling is still great, in my opinion. If you’re set on the ‘right’ shape for a Porsche, then buy a 911 or even a Cayman as a spare car

If you want an amazing, beautiful looking electric car that has decent practicality, then get the Sports Turismo. I am a football coach and I regularly fit a bag of footballs, bibs, large kit bag, fold up 4-seat ‘bench’, coats/hats etc and a large pull-along buggy in the back of my ST with no problems, along with a public charging cable in the under-floor area. The froot/frunk adds an extra storage (shopping), area that is nice and convenient too.

A boot liner and all-weather mats are essential with kids, I’ve found.

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I had a similar dilemma but golf, not kids, was my challenge.

The sedan trunk is reasonable and I don’t think you’ll have a problem with the bags
kids need for their various activities. But it’s not wide enough for a set of golf clubs to fit comfortably and access is restricted (so much so that my golf trolley wouldn’t fit through). The rear seat headroom in the sedan is only marginally less than the ST so, unless your kids are going to be 6’ plus, I think they’ll be perfect comfortable. There’s very little visibility in the back so I do recommend the panoramic roof but that’s the same in ST and Sedan format.

If you prefer the external styling of the sedan, I see no reason for you to compromise. I chose the ST for the reasons stated. It’s a good looking car but there’s no doubt that the sedan is what Taycan was meant to be.

Whatever you decide, I’m sure you’ll be delighted.

Reactions: B61

JS4S

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan 4S, 21 Cayenne S, 06 Z06, 89 Formula 350
Country flag
I have 2 children and frequently end up with 4 of them in my saloon. I wouldn't say there is "plenty" of room, but there is enough. I'm not a big fan of the ST, but that is a personal choice.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have got the saloon.
Just me and the Mrs - no kids.
Occasional rear passengers.

Contrary to most others, I think I prefer the ST and would consider it if ordering again, even though I don't need the extra space.
Sponsored