porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I downloaded the new My Porsche app on Friday. Friday night - I had a charging error (it charged to 90% instead of the profile setting of 85%) - and since then have had no LTE service on both Monday and Tuesday mornings. No bluetooth either in car (are they related somehow?!). The My Porsche app showed the car in standby - which is strange. I have now just deleted this app and reinstalled the Connect app - let's see if this fixes it...
Update - deleted My Porsche App and went back to Connect - and car worked fine this morning. Could be something on the back-end at Porsche servers - but definitely seems odd!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update - deleted My Porsche App and went back to Connect - and car worked fine this morning. Could be something on the back-end at Porsche servers - but definitely seems odd!
Cool. I went the other way yesterday as the My Porsche App just stopped working (again) and thought I had a theft alarm triggered but Porsche Connect was fine - coincidental I'm sure but also a fundamental fail is the apparent absence of Ionity (EA) Charging Stations and other affiliated Charging Companies from the Map (none are displayed for the UK whereas they're all displayed with Porsche Connect).

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Cool. I went the other way yesterday as the My Porsche App just stopped working (again) and thought I had a theft alarm triggered but Porsche Connect was fine - coincidental I'm sure but also a fundamental fail is the apparent absence of Ionity (EA) Charging Stations and other affiliated Charging Companies from the Map (none are displayed for the UK whereas they're all displayed with Porsche Connect).
They're not displayed for Switzerland either (and are displayed in the Connect app).

Going to be having sharp words with the dealership at tomorrow's meeting.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
They're not displayed for Switzerland either (and are displayed in the Connect app).

Going to be having sharp words with the dealership at tomorrow's meeting.
Please do as they have screwed this up royally and now adding confusion.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Please do as they have screwed this up royally and now adding confusion.
Word from the dealership is, and I quote:

> The integration of the Charging App into the My Porsche App is planned for week 11. That's the latest news from the PAG. Not ideal, but we know that 97% of all Charging Service customers charge with the card.

Week 11 is the week beginning Monday 14th March.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have had red charging errors on the MyPorsche app 3 times out of 4 now (when home charging overnight).

The one time it did charge it didn't charge fully.

I have binned it now and gone back to Connect.

Pentara100e

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 718
Country flag
Don’t get me started on the new My Porsche App. I had enormous issues with the old one, requiring a complete re-set by the engineers in my local Porsche dealer (they needed the car for a day). Finally, the old App worked. Low and behold, when I downloaded the new App, it won’t connect at all. Logged numerous emails with Porsche Service Centre who finally said their guys in Germany had done some back-end work. Tried again… doesn’t work. This has been going on for weeks by the way. Then I get the standard email from Vodaphone saying they can’t find connection between my car and server. So I am now back to taking my car into dealership AGAIN for them to re-set it. I will be making a formal complaint to Porsche about all of this. I have paid for all services, including enhanced security via App; no point when it doesn't work. Why are the flogging a defective App/Vodaphone service?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
(note that you can't edit profiles but most of the other functions are available and have been added to).
You can.
Only not in the app.
You have to do it in the MyPorsche web portal.
You can (de)activate them in the app though.

Porsche Taycan CONNECT APP network issues? 2022-02-24_00.57.27

Jack_R

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne
Country flag
How can Porsche allow themselves to be embarrassed so badly?

I have tried to use the Plug & Charge feature at Electrify America (Taycan is recognized and free charging begins) three times now. It has worked only one time. I spoke to EA this week and they informed me that I should be using the latest "My Porsche" iPhone app.

I installed "My Porsche" app and the app does not even sync the charge level/remaining miles to the car. The app doesn't show the map with nearby EA stations, so I can not use app to charge the car. Of course, I have contacted "Porsche Connect" support with three sessions so far. I was told there is an apparent software or hardware issue that needs to be resolved between EA and Porsche. I got my issue elevated to a higher level, and was told someone would get back to me
yesterday to at least have the app map show available EA stations. No response yet.

I was told this morning many other owners are having the same issues.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
The new only very intermittently seems to get the green dot saying its connected (albeit, it does seem to update, slowly, the status of the door locks, charge status etc) and this seems to limit the ability to use remote park.

Today I tried the old app, connects just fine - and much quicker and the remote park worked immediately....

This definitely suggests it's a backend or app issue vs a car issue - anyone else seeing this?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Abandon the apps - unreliable, untested and unnecessary!

Joking aside they really are at best poor 90% of the time.
Sponsored