Contemplating coming over from Model 3 - advice needed

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Another strange design decision that doesn't appear to be configurable. This one caught me already too, where I was in a traffic jam with ACC on and wondered why the car wasn't moving once traffic picked up again.

It's documented in GTK app that if stopped for more than 15 seconds, it will change to a brake hold. No idea why.
i think this is normal with other ACC systems. My volvo was the same. I think it makes sense because if you are stopped a while you might be distracted and this will help you pay attention again. I got used to it though it is not perfect.
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Lots of good advice in here Tom. I’ve just re ordered a RWD ,but as cost was a big factor to me ive only picked the folding mirrors ,wheels , sport sound, glass roof,colour ,camera and Bose . Porsche will not make a car that doesn’t drive great. All the other bits are fantastic but before you know it you have a 100k RWD lol

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Coming from a RWD M3 myself, I actually like Innodrive/ALK better than the EAP features. I do agree that Porsche needs to fix the speed sign check braking thing, but if I could deal with the M3 phantom braking for a car 1/2 mile down the road (which still isn’t fixed AFAIK), I guess I can deal with Innodrive’s idiosyncrasies too.

I probably would’ve been happy with ordering a RWD to my specifications, but due to the supply chain issues I bought an AWD off the lot that had 95%+ of the options I wanted.

IMHO there’s no comparison between the cars…if you liked/tolerated the M3, you’ll love the Taycan. The only downside so far is Porsche’s ineptitude around updates, but I don’t think that’s a hanging offense yet & I’m optimistic that’ll improve over time.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You should be able to sit in a Taycan with and without the upgraded interior options to see the difference.

phil-c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Lotus elise s2 111s
Country flag
Hello tomtom,
i come from a tesla s and today i own a taycan 4 s + and when you try a porsche we only expect one thing when my taycan arrives and the autopilot of the tesla s i forgot it without problems.

have a good trip with the Taycan and especially the after sales service nothing to do with Tesla.

OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Lots of good advice in here Tom. I’ve just re ordered a RWD ,but as cost was a big factor to me ive only picked the folding mirrors ,wheels , sport sound, glass roof,colour ,camera and Bose . Porsche will not make a car that doesn’t drive great. All the other bits are fantastic but before you know it you have a 100k RWD lol
Yes, this is for sure a 'problem' with Porsche.

How do people value the standard audio? I'm not an audio freak, but I see almost everybody speccing op Bose or Burnmeister.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag

How do people value the standard audio? I'm not an audio freak, but I see almost everybody speccing op Bose or Burnmeister.

ive got burmeister on another car and also had Bose. Ive not tried the standard myself but a couple of threads say it’s fair. if it was terrible, it would annoy me so opted for Bose

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Worst case, Porsche dealers I’ve been to in the US usually have an airy & sterile space set aside where they perform cashectomies. Here, they have samples of all colors and textures Porsche for you to experience as an anesthetic while their skilled professionals painlessly extract more option money from you.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Burmeister is probably still a bit better but the Taycan’s Bose is one of the best Bose implementations in any car and markedly better than the base audio.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Coming from a RWD M3 myself, I actually like Innodrive/ALK better than the EAP features. I do agree that Porsche needs to fix the speed sign check braking thing,
that is easily fixed by turning that feature off

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Ah, sorry, did not know the configurator does not translate. Dutch builds do not have packs, sadly. Here's it summed up:

Exterior
SportDesign sideskirts Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Folding mirrors
High gloss black window skirts
No model
Privacy glass

Chassis
Performance+ battery
Powersteering plus

Interior:
8 way seats
Heated seats front
Light design package

Comfort
Acc + Innodrive
Surround view parking
Lane change assist (light in mirror / blind spot monitoring)

E-performance
Heat pump

For a build of about 110k euro, ~130k usd.
If you like a quiet car I suggest to add the insulated glass (with our without privacy glass) also I would add the air suspension, it is extremely comfortable and very helpful with speedbumps (you can increase the height of the car automatically based on gps position)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
If you like a quiet car I sugggest to add the insulated glass (with our without privacy glass) also I would add the air suspension, it is extremely comfortable and very helpful with speedbumps (you can increase the height of the car automatically based on gps position)
Opinions seem to differ about the insulated glass, if it is worth it.

It is a difference of 20" of 19" wheels though.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I suspect the main reason is that it's included in the premium package, which has probably the highest pick rate after the upgraded battery.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
If you like a quiet car I suggest to add the insulated glass (with our without privacy glass) also I would add the air suspension, it is extremely comfortable and very helpful with speedbumps (you can increase the height of the car automatically based on gps position)
I cannot judge the insulated glass (as I do not have it) but my #1 upgrade for a virgin spec would be the bigger battery followed by air suspension as #2.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag

I am kind of an audio freak (calibrations with REW and all that in-home and in-car). Personal opinion but the Burmester implementation is not something I would go for. The Bose system is a definite upgrade over standard here and much better than it is in my 911. Don't know if it's just calibrated well but the mids and highs are clear and bass is tighter. And I'm not even a fan of Bose audio on any given day.
Sponsored