Dealership charging

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi, DOnt quite understand how charging works at the UK main dealers. On zap map it implies there's a 85p per kw charge via shell but then another price of 31p per kW with a separate fee per minute which seems most odd.

I'm new to the Taycan. Does Porsche have ionity access?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi, DOnt quite understand how charging works at the UK main dealers. On zap map it implies there's a 85p per kw charge via shell but then another price of 31p per kW with a separate fee per minute which seems most odd.

Yes that is the preferred network. Have you installed the MyPorsche app? There you will find information about any charging services that Porsche have access to. I hope you did get the Porsche Charging card with the car.

Reflecting on this, I am very surprise they did not go through this with you at handover??

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ah yes, they mentioned a card and did an online form. I think it’s being posted.

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Can you only use the Taycan at ionity or any EV with your card

trixxiee_CH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 2023
Country flag
I was very surprised to learn that charging your Taycan at Porsche dealership (350 kWh) is way more expensive than charging at Ionity. When charging at Ionity you don't pay the 'per minute' surcharge.

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks, what I'm asking is the Porsche Charging service comes fee for 3 years. In UK ionity is near 69p per kw but with Porsche service it's 30p kw. Im wondering if that discounted price per kw is restricted to charging the Taycan or not? As in, could I change a non Porsche EV at ionity for the lower Porsche price?

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I was very surprised to learn that charging your Taycan at Porsche dealership (350 kWh) is way more expensive than charging at Ionity. When charging at Ionity you don't pay the 'per minute' surcharge.
Frankly I also find this utterly bizarre… I usually charge at home but have the need to rapid charge on a very occasions. Ionity at Cobham was great; easy, fast and cheap. charging at my local OPC was only the first two of these…

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Can you only use the Taycan at ionity or any EV with your card
YES. The card is not ‘smart’. The charger does not have to recognise the Taycan linked to the card. I have charged my Audi Etron at Ionity, Shell and Total in France using the Porsche Charging card. You get the 30p discounted rate at Ionity using the card with ANY car.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Depends on the country...

Porsche Taycan Dealership charging IMG20230927110026

😎

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Porsche charge you per kW and time spent charging when using their EVSEs.

Yes - Ionity will only charge you for kW.

Prices are subsidised

Use the My Porsche app for EVSE selection and pricing.

Myriad of other options when using your Taycan Charge card but beware that sometimes it is cheaper using the EVSE Operator's own card.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Porsche charge you per kW and time spent charging when using their EVSEs.

Yes - Ionity will only charge you for kW.

Prices are subsidised

Use the My Porsche app for EVSE selection and pricing.

Myriad of other options when using your Taycan Charge card but beware that sometimes it is cheaper using the EVSE Operator's own card.
I've never managed to get a charger other than Ionity or Porsche dealership to accept my porsche charging card. I still don't understand why porsche don't provide a definitive list of vendors on their service. I know there is supposed to be some sort of linkage between only porsche charging services showing in the charging map on the app (or is it the PCM?). But the charging points in the app map and PSM map don't always tally.

Bit rubbish really.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ionity is great and we're lucky to have 2 on our regular routes near us. Cheap as chips. I find it incredible that charging at the Porsche dealer is the most expensive option

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
YES. The card is not ‘smart’. The charger does not have to recognise the Taycan linked to the card. I have charged my Audi Etron at Ionity, Shell and Total in France using the Porsche Charging card. You get the 30p discounted rate at Ionity using the card with ANY car.
Coincidentally,
Just received my Porsche Charging card today by mail. :clap:

Porsche Taycan Dealership charging IMG_0956.JPG
Sponsored