Dealership charging

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Hey ya all….don’t be surprise, charging companies now realising that the EV fraternity are an easy target to create revenue. Not many options/competition so its ‘money for old rope’…… they will make the most of it until the government starts taxing per kw…..government are going to need to replace the current tax revenue on fuel, as EV‘s increase and ICE decreases!
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hello Gridserve (69p), Shell Recharge (86p), InstaVolt (75p), Mer (78p), Osprey (79p), BP Pulse (79p) etc etc.
Are none of these on the porsche charging card network? I kind of thought Instavolt was supposed to be at least but never got it to accept porsche card.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Are none of these on the porsche charging card network? I kind of thought Instavolt was supposed to be at least but never got it to accept porsche card.
Shell - if you can get it to work! and Osprey to be fair (but the ones I've used are 400V so slow).

Not InstaVolt as far as I know - most of their 120 kW units at McDs, Costa etc really slow anyway as the grid connection is tiny (150kW shared) so if your there with another car its slooooooow.

IV are now partnered up with Electroverse btw. Happened the other week or so.

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shell - if you can get it to work! and Osprey to be fair (but the ones I've used are 400V so slow)
Yep. tried shell too. fail!

Basically i try every charger i use with the porsche card first. Aside from ionity and porsche, never worked.

I don't charge away from home that much, so its no big deal really. I certainly won't be paying for a porsche subscription when the 'free' one expires - especially as they don't even seem to know which providers they use.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yep. tried shell too. fail!

Basically i try every charger i use with the porsche card first. Aside from ionity and porsche, never worked.

I don't charge away from home that much, so its no big deal really. I certainly won't be paying for a porsche subscription when the 'free' one expires - especially as they don't even seem to know which providers they use.
Did you phone the Charging service when it failed at Shell or other networks?

It is sad that Porsche can’t even publish which networks they have an agreement with. Here in France they certainly work great with Ionity, but also Alleg, Fastned and a mixed bag with Total. Some Total stations work great while others do it once but not the next time.

I can strongly recommend Tesla Supercharger Open for all, since the also only charge for kWh charged and no time element. Requires the Tesla app so far to work though.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you phone the Charging service when it failed at Shell or other networks?

It is sad that Porsche can’t even publish which networks they have an agreement with. Here in France they certainly work great with Ionity, but also Alleg, Fastned and a mixed bag with Total. Some Total stations work great while others do it once but not the next time.

I can strongly recommend Tesla Supercharger Open for all, since the also only charge for kWh charged and no time element. Requires the Tesla app so far to work though.
If I used the public chargers more often then maybe I’d call. Not really worth the hassle as I’m usually in rush when I do use them. Crap that they can’t publish a list.

Cherryjock

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
If I used the public chargers more often then maybe I’d call. Not really worth the hassle as I’m usually in rush when I do use them. Crap that they can’t publish a list.
I have not seen it published either so I asked Porsche UK and this is what they sent me.
Porsche Taycan Dealership charging Screenshot_20230725_170350_Outlook

I'm not sure if it was the card or plug and charge that worked for me at Ionity but at Fastned I could not get the card to work but it started easily from the Porsche app.
ESB did not work for me but it was a brand new station that would only start via their app, no cards.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
A quick question about Tesla chargers in the U.K. I was under the impression that there’s only a handful of test sites atm, is it now the case that it’s been expanded and Porsche get a discount?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
A quick question about Tesla chargers in the U.K. I was under the impression that there’s only a handful of test sites atm, is it now the case that it’s been expanded and Porsche get a discount?
There are quite a few sites in the U.K. that are open to all EV’s. See photo below.
You will need to have the Tesla app and register a card with them. There is no discounts for Porsche and the Porsche app and card will not work .
Porsche Taycan Dealership charging IMG_0962

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
There are quite a few sites in the U.K. that are open to all EV’s. See photo below.
You will need to have the Tesla app and register a card with them. There is no discounts for Porsche and the Porsche app and card will not work .
IMG_0962.png
Thanks mate

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche getting a discount...at Tesla?! 😂

Err no, afraid not. The only discount you will get at Tesla Superchargers is if you:
a) drive a Tesla (sometimes a 100% discount 😉)
b) pay £10.99 per month and get the same 'discounted' prices as Tesla drivers (other than those on free SuC'ing)

As said, there's now 27 open SuC sites in the UK with 307 stalls (or charge points to all other humans). That's around one quarter of their total number the Tesla SuC points in the UK and around 1/5 of all SuC sites.

Of those 27 sites, 3 now have the new V4 pedestals with contactless card readers and longer cables. Otherwise you will have to make do with the V2 and v3 pedestals - which means parking in the 'wrong' space usually for a RHD Taycan (different for LHD Taycan in Europe)

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not seen it published either so I asked Porsche UK and this is what they sent me.
Screenshot_20230725_170350_Outlook.jpg

I'm not sure if it was the card or plug and charge that worked for me at Ionity but at Fastned I could not get the card to work but it started easily from the Porsche app.
ESB did not work for me but it was a brand new station that would only start via their app, no cards.
Thanks for posting that up.

I compiled a list, just from what I had on the app, and posted it on another Porsche Charging Card thread here back in June.

Other than some really odd ones (e.g Likennevirta 0y) which I've never seen anywhere in the UK, the list is pretty much the same.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will need to have the Tesla app and register a card with them.
In the UK you can actually use a contactless card (or your phone via ApplePay / Google Pay) at a V4 sites.

So far these are:
- Tottenham
- Reading West M4 (Moto)
- Trentham (near Stoke-on-Trent)

There's currently another 7 or 8 I think V4 sites currently in construction in the UK.

Goes without saying that your best experience at Tesla will be if you checked the 150kW booster option at order time (or the previously loved Taycan you bought has it)

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Am I right in thinking that that Folkestone eurotunnel terminal Tesla chargers are open to Porsche?