HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Here in California the po-po are generally pretty lax on front plates. I've never had one and have only been ticketed once.... and that was years ago. Knock on wood.
Sponsored

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Might be a dumb question but does the Sto n Sho have to be mounted on the side? Debating my options and a sto n sho in dead center makes the most sense to me aesthetically.

Would it be blocking sensors or something?
Its mounted on the side because the screw go into the existing screw holes. No drilling required. You could mount it in the centre, but that means you would have to drill new holes into the black lower spoiler. Don’t know if it blocks any sensors.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
Another endorsement for STO N SHO here. Based on a few threads on here I ordered one and I installed it this weekend. So easy. Took maybe 10mins. Feels solid, looks as good as a front plate can look and really simple to pop in and out. All for about $100.

Deleted member 6348

Here in California the po-po are generally pretty lax on front plates. I've never had one and have only been ticketed once.... and that was years ago. Knock on wood.
Agreed. I have driven "nice" cars in both California in Texas and skipped the front plate. Never been bothered.

Pennsylvania is a no front plate state. In New Jersey, you can also get away without one, because so many Pennsylvanians drive through New Jersey. You won't be drawing any attention to yourself by not having a front plate.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Move to Ohio! Just passed legislation that eliminates front plate requirement. I love this place!
Apart from our new plate design sucks! I was thinking of selecting the organization one that supports coal :)

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Another endorsement for STO N SHO here. Based on a few threads on here I ordered one and I installed it this weekend. So easy. Took maybe 10mins. Feels solid, looks as good as a front plate can look and really simple to pop in and out. All for about $100.
If you take it off to wash your car, put it in the frunk. Then when you forget to put it back on and get pulled over for not having a front plate, you can go put it on to get out of a ticket.

Ask me how I know.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I doubt having it in the trunk will help with the ticket. My plan is just keep my mouth shut, sign the ticket, and pay it.

Despite having a lot of speeding tickets over the years, I've never had anyone even mention the front plate.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I got pulled over literally the day after I put my permanent plates on. The cop was very obviously looking for an excuse not to write me a ticket, and when I provided him one by installing the front plate I'd kept in my frunk, he let me go immediately.

Everyone in NH hates the front plate requirement, from inspection stations (who get fined tens of thousands of dollars for passing cars without front plates) to police officers (who think it's a waste of their time to write tickets for it). Everyone except the politicians, that is, who unfortunately have the only opinions that matter. Periodically the pols instruct the cops to do something about this scourge of lawlessness (eye rolling intensifies), and we get a flood of tickets and fines.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got pulled over literally the day after I put my permanent plates on. The cop was very obviously looking for an excuse not to write me a ticket, and when I provided him one by installing the front plate I'd kept in my frunk, he let me go immediately.
Doesn't it require drilling holes for that?

My 911 Targa was CPO and the previous owner installed the front plate, leaving 4 nice holes in the nose. I always resented him for it.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Doesn't it require drilling holes for that?
The Sto-n-Sho does not require drilling holes on the Taycan. NH law requires only that the front plate be "securely mounted ... in a visible location" for cars which, like the Taycan, do not come from the manufacturer with a mounting location. So the Sto-n-Sho is perfectly legal in NH.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

Everyone in NH hates the front plate requirement, from inspection stations (who get fined tens of thousands of dollars for passing cars without front plates) to police officers (who think it's a waste of their time to write tickets for it). Everyone except the politicians, that is, who unfortunately have the only opinions that matter. Periodically the pols instruct the cops to do something about this scourge of lawlessness (eye rolling intensifies), and we get a flood of tickets and fines.
What happened to "Live Free or Die" ? Isn't it still on the license plate? Or does it only apply to seat belts, but not the front license plate?

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I doubt having it in the trunk will help with the ticket. My plan is just keep my mouth shut, sign the ticket, and pay it.

Despite having a lot of speeding tickets over the years, I've never had anyone even mention the front plate.
Do you have points on your licence endorsement system?