frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I am also in Ca and have a production date of 11/19, finish production 11/26 and a 1/28 delivery(two week delay). TYD is not considering the backup at the Ports. My concern is an additional 2-3 week delay. Hopefully with the Port now working 24/7 this may not happen.
The delays are mainly at Long Beach and other container ports. The RORO ports of San Diego and Benicia don't seem to have ships waiting.

My gut feeling is that we probably won't see major port congestion in terms of delays unloading the ships because production volumes have gone down due to the chip shortage (fewer cars produced, fewer cars to load and unload).

The delays will come from not being able to deliver the cars because it is waiting for TPMS or whatever else.
Sponsored

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Freeze date was 9/23, production start 10/14 and today it shows ready for transport with delivery date of 12/03…. Fingers crossed ?

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
The delays are mainly at Long Beach and other container ports. The RORO ports of San Diego and Benicia don't seem to have ships waiting.

My gut feeling is that we probably won't see major port congestion in terms of delays unloading the ships because production volumes have gone down due to the chip shortage (fewer cars produced, fewer cars to load and unload).

The delays will come from not being able to deliver the cars because it is waiting for TPMS or whatever else.
Question is it the stop sale will affect us. No idea how long it takes them to reprogram once they get off the boat.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe my build has officially been delayed, even though it does not explicitly state that. The Scheduled for production date moved by a week to 10/29 from 10/22. and the build dates also moved a week. TYD still says it will be delivered on the 24th, but I am very skeptical as it is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on the 24th and then also at my dealer in the Chicago Area on the 24th.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe my build has officially been delayed, even though it does not explicitly state that. The Scheduled for production date moved by a week to 10/29 from 10/22. and the build dates also moved a week. TYD still says it will be delivered on the 24th, but I am very skeptical as it is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on the 24th and then also at my dealer in the Chicago Area on the 24th.
Our 4S original build date was to be 10/15, with delivery on 12/10. On the 12th the build date changed to 10/22 with a new delivery on 12/17, however, yesterday (10/19) it actually started production, though no other dates have changed so far. So don’t be surprised if it actually starts before the 29th as it now shows in your TYD. I sense some of these dates are just place holders more than actual estimates until they actually get some firm production and transportation dates.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
We found out earlier this month that our dealer had an allocation for a CT4. Wife wanted to originally replace her 17 Macan S with another Macan. But after seeing the CT4 and driving a Taycan, she changed her mind. I'm not going to argue with her. A Macan GTS allocation was going to be spring or later.

Car is supposed to start production 11/5, completed 11/12 and be in Baltimore 12/24. Dealer is 30 mins from the port. Planned dealer inventory date is 12/31 but expected is 12/24.

Our fingers are crossed as this would be fast.

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
You can get your VIN by using your browser's developer tools.

Go to the TYD website, and then right click anywhere on the page and click on "Inspect". That should bring up the developer tools.

In Developer Tools, go to the Network tab, and click on Fetch/XHR. Refresh the page, and you should see a bunch of requests of 8 digits go through. Click on one of them and you will get the VIN.

I found that this works once the car hits the "Scheduled for Production" milestone.

Hope this is helpful!

1634072149468.png
Very helpful.. thanks. I have the VIN, my car has been produced and at Emden port now. How do I check what's missing?

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
I am from Chicago area as well, ordered MY22 RWD through Lincolnwood Porsche. The expected delivery date is Dec 3 as of now. So far it seems to be on track, production completed and Arrived at Emden port (Updated this morning) 2 days earlier than estimated. Hoping to stay on track... :)

campkel

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Fellow El Pasoan? My CT is also on the Felicity Ace.
Yes! My 4S is on the Felicity Ace, currently headed to Halifax. I'm hoping it doesn't stay there too long because the estimated travel from that port to Houston is only 12 days. That would move the arrival date to mid-November. Maybe we'll run into each other picking up the cars. LOL.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Yes! My 4S is on the Felicity Ace, currently headed to Halifax. I'm hoping it doesn't stay there too long because the estimated travel from that port to Houston is only 12 days. That would move the arrival date to mid-November. Maybe we'll run into each other picking up the cars. LOL.
I ordered my CT from a dealer in the DFW area (El Paso had no allocations), and my SA said he thinks it will arrive well before the late Nov estimate. So far the Felicity ACE is tracking a bit ahead of schedule to arrive in Halifax.

The big question will be if we have to wait for the recall update. Hopefully not too long.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
What is typical turn around time for a ship at the Emden port? My CT4 is assigned to the Mediterranean Highway roro which I believe is scheduled to arrive in Emden on 21-Oct. The estimated "On Vessel" date is 05-Nov, but I can't believe the ship would be in Emden for two weeks. What is the easiest way to determine the departure date from Emden for the Mediterranean Highway?

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
What is typical turn around time for a ship at the Emden port? My CT4 is assigned to the Mediterranean Highway roro which I believe is scheduled to arrive in Emden on 21-Oct. The estimated "On Vessel" date is 05-Nov, but I can't believe the ship would be in Emden for two weeks. What is the easiest way to determine the departure date from Emden for the Mediterranean Highway?
Not sure what is typical but for my ship it was in port barely 2 days. Doesn’t take that long.

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How can you find out what ship your vehicle is supposed to be on?
Sponsored