Delivery delayed - What are others seeing

Goldeneye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Country flag
Ordered the RWD Taycan at the end of March and have been getting weekly delivery updates from my sales rep. It's bounced back and forth between July 2nd or July 9th. Just got an email today saying there is an issue with them getting micro-chips and the expected delivery date is now July 30th. What is everyone else seeing with their orders?
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Ordered the RWD Taycan at the end of March and have been getting weekly delivery updates from my sales rep. It's bounced back and forth between July 2nd or July 9th. Just got an email today saying there is an issue with them getting micro-chips and the expected delivery date is now July 30th. What is everyone else seeing with their orders?
I ordered an inventory model scheduled to arrive at the dealer in early June. Last update according to TYD was that my car was processing at port before being shipped across the US to me on the west coast. I've heard of cars sitting at port waiting for the chips, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me.

That being said, no updates beyond that for my car. Maybe I'll check in with my sales rep today.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Ordered a RWD April 1. Left Emden port 5/7 and arrived Jacksonville port 5/24.
Expected delivery early June.

porsche originally advised 3 months from order to delivery.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Ordered RWD end of March, TYD went 7/2, 7/9, 7/2, 6/25, 7/2 before settling on 6/11 to my surprise. Now on the boat and about 2k miles from the San Diego, CA port. Reached out to the dealer yesterday to see if they also anticipate 6/11 and they confirmed. Fingers crossed my new toy will be ready in a few short weeks.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered RWD end of March, TYD went 7/2, 7/9, 7/2, 6/25, 7/2 before settling on 6/11 to my surprise. Now on the boat and about 2k miles from the San Diego, CA port. Reached out to the dealer yesterday to see if they also anticipate 6/11 and they confirmed. Fingers crossed my new toy will be ready in a few short weeks.
I believe we're both on the same boat, the RCC Europe. But you guys are all pikers--I ordered my Taycan 4S on December 8 last year!! Why it took so long is anybody's guess. I just hope there aren't any further delays.

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
2021 Taycan Turbo S was built on 3/31/21 and arrived at a San Diego port on 5/8/21. And there it sits to this very day. Presumably awaiting a missing chip. San Diego based dealer is estimating 6/18 delivery.

It's interesting that other Taycans not-yet-arrived at that same San Diego port are being quoted ETAs sooner than my own.

Honestly, this port delay may have been a blessing in disguise. I know Porsche is worst-in-class when it comes to electronics and software but honestly, the surge in customers reporting complete power loss while driving makes me think Porsche has completely lost it. Unless Porsche announces some quick and effective patch to resolve the issue and dealer stops pretending the issue doesn't exist, I'll likely cancel the order.

Sad to leave Porsche after twenty years but the lack of quality control is literally life threatening at this point. I'm out.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Original order for 4S on 2/19.
Dealer estimated late May/early June delivery. ?

TYD originally showed 5/28 delivery, then crept back to 5/7 during production. ?

Car stayed on track until it cleared port processing in Houston on 5/5. ?

Then on 5/6 (night before delivery), it changed to 6/4. ?

But, the car arrived at the dealer today 5/26. ?

I go in to do paperwork?tomorrow. Pick up next week after PPF, ceramic, and tint.

(Actually, my wife will probably pick it up because I’ll be out of town.)

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered a 4S on April 21 and TYD had an initial delivery date of 8/27. As of this morning delivery date pushed to 9/10. Doesn’t bod well for supply chain issues. Also, 9/10 delivery is still showing MY21 and I’m considering canceling for a MY22.

Last edited:

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
are you in SD?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered a 4S on April 21 and TMD had an initial delivery date of 8/27. As of this morning delivery date pushed to 9/10. Doesn’t bod well for supply chain issues. Also, 9/10 delivery is still showing MY21 and I’m considering canceling for a MY22.
Checked with my dealer on this and the info he got from his area rep is that orders for MY22s will not begin until November.

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
My 4S CT is scheduled to be built in June with September delivery to Japan, 'though not available to me until October. As of yesterday (May 26th), the dealer said that other vehicles are significantly impacted by component shortages but not so much (so far) for Taycan. They said Macans are quite delayed, as are 911s...
Sponsored

Last edited: