daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Just ordered my RWD Taycan on 7/14, got the track my dream email 7/15, freeze point changed from 45 days to 12 days all of a sudden and then again changed to 40 days, anyone experience that?

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
@TaycanLDN stunning! How were the delivery and driving experiences? I’ll join you guys soon!

Delivery was very quick as they told me if I wanted to pick it up today then they only had a little time to spare otherwise would have to wait till next week for a full pick up but was more than sufficient. Seeing it in real life after all this time was surreal!
so I’ve driven it twice now - picked it up in rush hour so didn’t get to test it out properly. Got home set everything up properly. Went for a proper drive now was great keep it in sport/sport plus - range mode didn’t agree with me at all

you have to go into the Bose settings and turn on the ‘surround sound’ option and that made the sound 1000% better.

a little disappointed with the ambient lighting, if you’ve seen the new Mercedes cars with ambient lighting think it’s done much better.

really like HUD as I’ve never had that before and the cabin preconditioning

Porsche Taycan Delivery delays AEF55E60-7D4D-4997-A93F-93BF7153C753

Last edited:

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
What happens on a full pick up? I’m going to go collect next weekend.

It’s been a patient waiting game for a few of us Londoners (and worldwide) on this forum. Glad people are now taking delivery and can just enjoy their cars.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
What happens on a full pick up? I’m going to go collect next weekend.

It’s been a patient waiting game for a few of us Londoners (and worldwide) on this forum. Glad people are now taking delivery and can just enjoy their cars.
When I collected my car, they spent over an hour with me going over almost everything, including setting up CarPlay and charging the car. Although I knew most of the features from this forum, I let him walk me through it to see it in person. I actually corrected him on a couple of points (yes, the car has wireless CarPlay for example). Except for red SOS light and not being able to connect (which they spent another hour trying to troubleshoot), I was impressed with the level of detail and care.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
When I collected my car, they spent over an hour with me going over almost everything, including setting up CarPlay and charging the car. Although I knew most of the features from this forum, I let him walk me through it to see it in person. I actually corrected him on a couple of points (yes, the car has wireless CarPlay for example). Except for red SOS light and not being able to connect (which they spent another hour trying to troubleshoot), I was impressed with the level of detail and care.
Thanks! I’m going on a weekend, so I’ll enjoy the moment and absorb everything in.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Anyone knows how long the production phase takes ? 2 weeks ?

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Yes, 1 week if there aren’t any delays.
Mine entered production 9th July
Exited production 16th July so also 1 week
Delivery to dealer in U.K. expected 31st July ?

Reactions: B61

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@Braveheart great! It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for delivery once the car arrives in the UK based on a few of our experiences in recent weeks.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine entered production 9th July
Exited production 16th July so also 1 week
Delivery to dealer in U.K. expected 31st July ?
My latest email (below).
Although they did say the 'date due to centre' is system generated and often moves faster....

Taycan
Vehicle in Production
Date due from Factory 14.07.2021 Date due to centre 13.08.2021
Sponsored