Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They noted to me today they have this years' build slots in... GTS ST = 1....

I'm down the list a little way so am suspecting I'll be lucky to see a car next year now... Which will mean a 2yr wait from ordering....

We'll see. I guess people could drop out and/or Porsche put more build slots in for next year.
Wow wait times getting silly. Cheapest one similar to my spec on Autotrader is £20k more than I paid for it new. If someone wants a 1 month old 4S with 800 miles on looking like the one in my profile pic hit me up :idea:
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
😁

I'm sure you could sell it easily for a profit.

I'm not a buyer with overs on any car though. If it means I go without, so be it. I'll just keep killing the planet with 26cyls and 1350bhp of petrol fuelled goodness 🙂

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My March lock date was brought forwards 3 week...luckily I'd arranged to finalise my spec with what we thought was plenty of time in hand. In the spec meeting my SA pulled up the production schedule and was as surprised as I was to see that it was now only 3 days away (the build date however hadn't advanced, and it ended up being about one month later than originally planned).
I’ve just been given my build date of 21 October, and was strongly encouraged to finalise spec well before the planned lock date in August for that very reason.

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
Apparently there's further parts delays owing to a fire - meaning a 4 week suspension on all builds.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
These delays are probably a big irritation when you are young, when you are old, like me, you begin to wonder if it will arrive in time to ever enjoy it.
Maybe I'll be dead before my order is complete.

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
Yeh, they don't have access to 12v batteries anymore and won't ship without them. So there will be a suspension - which will push everyone back.

mateoosh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, MB C43
Country flag
Just got a slot today with production date set for September 2022. I was put on the list at 28.04. CT4s.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I guess the gas supply situation in Germany is also something that could have some impact later in the year if the situation detiorates?

They have just triggered the 2nd stage of their (3 stage) emergency plan and said that if they don't fill gas storage levels by winter they will have to start issuing orders to industry to reduce usage or shut down.

https://www.ft.com/content/09ac0ab9-ad4a-4586-9a14-3921a4d60216

No Idea how this might affect Porsche, or specific plants or suppliers?

Last edited:

Pag

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Apparently there's further parts delays owing to a fire - meaning a 4 week suspension on all builds.
Just picked mine up this morning 😄. SA told me the same. 911 and Taycan delays for sure. He said they’re expecting a complete halt during that period not just a reduction. Shame for those who are so close to production.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I guess the gas supply situation in Germany is also something that could have some impact later in the year if the situation detiorates?

They have just triggered the 2nd stage of their (3 stage) emergency plan and said that if they don't fill gas storage levels by winter they will have to start issuing orders to industry to reduce usage or shut down.

https://www.ft.com/content/09ac0ab9-ad4a-4586-9a14-3921a4d60216

No Idea how this might affect Porsche, or specific plants or suppliers?
I don't think that will be an issue... Can you believe they are firing up their coal power stations again?

Renewables just aren't ready yet where energy demand is increasing. Human civilization also progresses in correlation with availability of energy...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
😁

I'm sure you could sell it easily for a profit.

I'm not a buyer with overs on any car though. If it means I go without, so be it. I'll just keep killing the planet with 26cyls and 1350bhp of petrol fuelled goodness 🙂
My hunch is two allocations a month from January.

You can then work out a delivery date from that. Roughly 12 weeks once the slot is confirmed?

That means for me a July or August delivery.

Which actually suits me and a summer delivery is preferable over winter.

Also, chatter on this forum about cancelling or thinking about cancelling orders.

That mindset will be true of all Taycan buyers.

Hence, knowing human behaviour, I'm optimistic I'll get bumped up the list because of inevitable cancellations. Recession will also cancel some orders.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
These delays are probably a big irritation when you are young, when you are old, like me, you begin to wonder if it will arrive in time to ever enjoy it.
Maybe I'll be dead before my order is complete.
I can relate to that for reasons I won't go into other than saying I've at long last had to acknowledge that I'm not indestructable. My Taycan order was partly my way of giving 2 fingers to The Grim Reaper, thankfully it (the Taycan 😁 ) arrived sooner than I'd expected, but even then my wait was haunted by the thought of it not arriving in time for me to enjoy it to the full.
Sponsored