Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Dealer has just contacted me to advise my Taycan is still in Germany they are trying to understand why its in the compound as was built on December 14th/15th so should have shipped that week

Sounds like here we go again more than likely waiting for parts anybody else still waiting
Sponsored

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Production of my car reported as completed on 30th of Nov 2021 (Probably finished production a few days before that), 13th/Dec It was on a vessel on its way to the UK and I received the car on 30th Dec 2021.

Hope this helps to compare.

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dealer has just contacted me to advise my Taycan is still in Germany they are trying to understand why its in the compound as was built on December 14th/15th so should have shipped that week

Sounds like here we go again more than likely waiting for parts anybody else still waiting
Any news on your car build and delivery? Was a parts availability issue at factory determined to be the cause of the delay Gary?

I’m assuming you’ve sourced your car from Porsche Preston?

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any news on your car build and delivery? Was a parts availability issue at factory determined to be the cause of the delay Gary?

I’m assuming you’ve sourced your car from Porsche Preston?
Yes Porsche Preston just received email from them saying they are still awaiting news from Germany car has got high spec so maybe that's the reason

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes Porsche Preston just received email from them saying they are still awaiting news from Germany car has got high spec so maybe that's the reason
I feel your pain Gary. To say I’m similarly affected would be likely more accurate than you realise.

Keep us posted if you hear anything further. One suspects our respective vehicles are currently sat in close proximity awaiting similar parts before sharing a transporter.

One senses Porsche AG are making life very awkward for their dealers at present.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Completed build 10th December. Shipped 12 days later and has been sitting at the port in Sheerness since then:mad:. But being delivered to dealer tomorrow:). If it gets there early enough I can collect it on Saturday. If not, then Tuesday. Hope it all goes according to plan.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Completed build 10th December. Shipped 12 days later and has been sitting at the port in Sheerness since then:mad:. But being delivered to dealer tomorrow:). If it gets there early enough I can collect it on Saturday. If not, then Tuesday. Hope it all goes according to plan.
It arrived at the dealer too late on Friday so I am now collecting on Tuesday, all being well. Fingers crossed!

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo MY21 commenced build in June finished in November and still sat at Port waiting on parts. It’s seven months over due and counting since my promised delivery date. Has anyone any similar experiences or been waiting longer? Equally has anyone taken delivery of a 22MY turbo?

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo MY21 commenced build in June finished in November and still sat at Port waiting on parts. It’s seven months over due and counting since my promised delivery date. Has anyone any similar experiences or been waiting longer? Equally has anyone taken delivery of a 22MY turbo?
Took delivery of a MY22 CT Turbo S just before xmas.

Originally ordered in June as a MY21. Had to sign new order forms as it would be a MY22. Built in November. Delivered in Dec. Everything as it should be. 2 keys, electric steering adjust. Nothing missing.

By any chance did you spec the Burmester? OPC said they had a customer who ordered the same car earlier than me in Mamba green but optioned the Burmester audio. Their car was still sitting in Germany waiting for parts for the Burmester as I was collecting mine.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
My 4S went into build 8th Dec, is sitting at Emden waiting for the boat. Dealer reckons 24th with them. After 8 months, and a 7 week delay that appeared in Nov, I’ll believe it when I see it!

Mate ordered an almost identical car the day before me, MissionE wheels and colour being the differences, and it was delivered 3 weeks ago. ?‍. Its a crap shoot when you get it!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t know how often the boats sail, but missing or catching a boat at Emden can probably make 2-3 weeks difference to delivery date

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4S went into build 8th Dec, is sitting at Emden waiting for the boat. Dealer reckons 24th with them. After 8 months, and a 7 week delay that appeared in Nov, I’ll believe it when I see it!

Mate ordered an almost identical car the day before me, MissionE wheels and colour being the differences, and it was delivered 3 weeks ago. ?‍. Its a crap shoot when you get it!
Exactly the same for me and not sure the reasons for the delays as my build date was 14th Dec and car is still waiting in compound the frustrating thing is lack of information

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Exactly the same for me and not sure the reasons for the delays as my build date was 14th Dec and car is still waiting in compound the frustrating thing is lack of information
???

The information flow has been less than optimal! Can’t understand why the tracking facilty that US customers have isn’t available to us in the UK.

This will be my third Porsche but first one I’m taking straight out the box. If it wasn’t for the BIK saving I’m not sure I’d do it again. As long as the govt is crazy enough to ‘pay’ for half my car I’ll be ordering every 3 years!! ?. Although tbh I can’t see the present situation surviving past 2024. Be interesting to see what happens to sales then.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Well... infuriating email from the dealer this am. When I first visited them early Dec, I said I was considering Model X but lead times were just silly (Q1 23' if not later). He confidently told me "well I can get you a CT 4S in Q2".
In the spec'ing session 17th Dec, he showed me a slide from HQ with lead times for all models, and CT 4S was Q2-Q3 22' (Q4-Q1 23 for TT/TTS).
I finalised my order this week and he's just come back saying it's now Q4-Q1 23' for a CT 4S.

To me, this is misleading sale info. How come it's moved from 6mo to 12mo in just 3-4 weeks?

I'm going to ring a few other dealers along the M4 corridor to check if they have better but I don't think I'll keep the order in if takes them a year to deliver.

Does anyone know if Reading HQ or Bristol are generally quicker (currently with Swindon)?
Sponsored