Delivery Delays

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Anyone getting a CT from Tewkesbury? I was down there first thing yesterday and a transporter with several CTs was just unloading. Not sure what else they had taken off before I got there
Sponsored

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Hi, could you explain how the government is paying for your car? Im self employed in the construction industry and not sure if i can qualify for any sort of kickback.
Cheers!

Paid directly from salary to leasing company before tax. So Govt not ‘paying for it’ per se, but they’ve kept their thieving wasteful trough feeding hands away from it making it half the price of getting it direct from Porsche!

Sure there’s tax relief action if you can run it through a company.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Did you hear from the dealer or check in with them Gary to confirm your car arrived today?
Left message with dealership as yet no reply have you had confirmation that yours has arrived

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Left message with dealership as yet no reply have you had confirmation that yours has arrived
No, nothing. However, my salesperson is now on holiday until next Monday so I wasn’t expecting to receive an update until then.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, nothing. However, my salesperson is now on holiday until next Monday so I wasn’t expecting to receive an update until then.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you saying that Porsche Preston cannot confirm anything for 7 days ? surely that can't be right

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you saying that Porsche Preston cannot confirm anything for 7 days ? surely that can't be right
No, I’m saying that only my salesperson keeps me updated and calls me with updates. If I wanted an update before he returns, I’d have to leave a message for the Sales Manager to call me and likely wait to hear back.

There are what I was told are ‘special customers’, who purchase multiple Porsches every year from the dealership I use, who are the same customers to receive invitations to acquire limited production models (GT3 etc) and invitations to special track days (not Porsche Experience) and Moor Hall lunches etc, who likely receive a different level of customer service. However, for those of us who only run two Porsches, spend only £120k per year on new vehicles and have only been buying Porsches the last 15 years or so, we’re seemingly a different tier of customer and not viewed quite as special.

I used to think, growing up, spending over £100k on a new car would guarantee valued customer status and being made to feel that at every opportunity. After all, my first BMW M car purchase saw me invited by the dealership to a Man U match from the Directors Box and a number of golf invitationals. Alas, that’s not proven the case. I’m not saying the dealership I use is bad (I know they read my posts here). I’d also say that I consider the salesperson who now looks after me extremely good, having literally gone out of his way to be helpful on a number of occasions. I am, however, saying I didn’t expect to spend the money I have and commonly feel like my custom is far less valued by the dealership as a whole than that of other customers.

I was taught the sales mantra, ‘make every customer feel special; because the customer who feels special today will come back and still be your customer tomorrow.’ There’s also a lovely advert from the Porsche archives of a decade ago, where a boy, pressing his face against a showroom window gazing at a 911, is invited inside to take a seat in the 911 and is presented with one of the old hard-bound model brochures, before the voiceover says ‘because we understand those dreaming of a Porsche today often become owners tomorrow’. A common thread running throughout Porsche marketing is ‘for those who dare to dream etc’. It’s such a shame that nowadays, at least in my experience, you are left feeling you need to dream a lot bigger and a lot harder to feel special.

Sorry, I was clearly on a roll and felt the need to unload. I believe it’s good for the soul to share. :)

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
Being fairly new to Porsche I thought they'd be different to others (BMW, Audi, Merc, Land Rover, Jag, etc). They aren't, just more expensive. The experience buying two cars so far and how we are being treated means that we are seriously giving up on buying a 3rd. Instead of a new 911 we are now looking into other options. Will Porsche care about losing mote business from us? No, of course not.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Dealer has confirmed car was delivered Saturday so I presume yours was also delivered then

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Dealer has confirmed car was delivered Saturday so I presume yours was also delivered then
Thanks for sharing. Would have been nice for them to let me know but……

?

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Would have been nice for them to let me know but……

?
Lets see if we get latest software available as will be disappointed if that's not the case as cars are brand new ?

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lets see if we get latest software available as will be disappointed if that's not the case as cars are brand new ?
I’ve already been told it’s a firm no for now on receiving the latest software update. Have you heard anything to suggest different Gary?

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No nothing confirmed but suppose we have got we have got am looking forward to my first Porsche
Had a few midlife crisis cars so lets see how we go with this one still kinda thinking should have ordered Turbo? but if happy maybe will order one

JamieUK

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cupra Ateca
Country flag
Just spotted the Preston references - I'm early in the process there myself. Will be putting a deposit down in the next few weeks (I have my current car til March 2023 so timing should work out just right). When I was there on Saturday they'd just taken delivery of a black Sport Turismo - was told it came in on the Friday. Guessing both of yours came in on the same transporter.

My experience has been mixed so far. Been in 3 times since January, and had a conversation going via email but didnt receive a response to a mail when wanting comparible figures to a deal I'd seen online. On Saturday I spoke with somebody else who so far has been more responsive and I intend to proceed with him should the test drive go as expected.

I don't know if it's because they deal with £100k+ cars day in day out, but for me, looking to buy my first car with a perceived 'premium' manufacturer, I did expect a bit more. I didnt think I'd need to chase responses when looking to spend this kind of money.
Sponsored