f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The trajectories, yes, definitely. They help me figure out the general strategy at the very least. The overhead view... somehow, in my poorly lit garage at least, it's hard to make the pillars and the curbs out. As said, I already scratched my rims a bit, sadly.

The "wheel view" on the other hand makes it very obvious to me when I'm going to hit either pillars on the left side or curb on the right side (even though in my picture pasted above it's probably not very obvious at all, but it makes sense when you're a) in motion and, more importantly, b) know exactly what to look for).
I do the same, the general trajecrory from the plan view and I keep the wheel view selected so I know exactly how close I'm getting.
I actually find it all works well but I have zero experience of another all-round camera system. 2 of my cars have no camera, cheap digital imagery didn't exist when they were made, the third just has a rear camera so the Taycan has stuff on it which is new to me.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I pull in pretty close in my garage, using windows, mirrors, and backup camera to know where to stop - all USS warnings and maneuvering assist off. Guides are useless (not accurate enough), the camera gives me the impression I am going hit my wife's car on my left even though I have plenty of room, overhead view also shows weird images, sometimes showing my car driving over my wife's car's wheels (again, plenty of room, not sure why that is). The back of my car swings out a bit when I pull in backwards, but that's a good thing - I don't worry about RAS driving the back of the car into my garage shelves when I pull out. I did once manage to get super close and parallel to the shelves on the left, I honestly don't know how the back didn't swing out (perhaps RAS disabled itself at very low speeds?). Pulling out I was worried, so took it really slow, watching the right mirror like a hawk.

mountain2k

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I News to back into a tight spot with around 5cm between the wall and the passenger side of the car. It took some getting used to, but it’s now becoming second nature after about a month. In any case, without the rear wheel steering it would be a lot harder to do (had a Taycan rental without RS).

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Two very helpful buttons:
1683009141844.png
I don't have that second button (auto braking) but my car will still brake during parking maneuvers which honestly sucks as it then requires me to actually step on the accelerator to get moving again which could be dangerous in some situations.

Is there any other place in the pcm where one can disable this type of auto braking?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don't have that second button (auto braking) but my car will still brake during parking maneuvers which honestly sucks as it then requires me to actually step on the accelerator to get moving again which could be dangerous in some situations.

Is there any other place in the pcm where one can disable this type of auto braking?
Not with the car right now, but IIRC you can permanently turn off Maneuvering Assist somewhere in assist settings. That said, are you sure you're not hitting hill hold? If you drive in to the garage up-hill, it can happen.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not with the car right now, but IIRC you can permanently turn off Maneuvering Assist somewhere in assist settings. That said, are you sure you're not hitting hill hold? If you drive in to the garage up-hill, it can happen.
I'll check next time but pretty sure it just stops in its tracks whenever the yellow or red markers appear. It's definitely annoying

alexz

First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS / Tesla P100D
Country flag
Is it possible to add RAS to a Taycan that doesn't have one ?

alexz

First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS / Tesla P100D
Country flag
Thanks, I thought so...
Sponsored