Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
A out of state dealership canceled my order as they didn't want to give out the 3.5% discount they had agreed too. I had submitted all paper work and they even ran my credit. Really shameful of the dealerships out here in the US, this is after a month of negotiations, back and forth with the lazy bum sales person that picked up the phone and became my salesperson. I have called over 70 dealerships in the US that had a taycan to see what the build on them were. Majority wont give a discount and some even claim that the demo loaners they have are new, or wont disclose how many miles they have on them. Make sure you get the build sheet as it states if the car is a loaner and when warranty date started. makesure they dont run your creidt before you giving a depost and buyers order form so they cannot back out of the deal. Lots of thief's out there
Sponsored

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A out of state dealership canceled my order as they didn't want to give out the 3.5% discount they had agreed too. I had submitted all paper work and they even ran my credit. Really shameful of the dealerships out here in the US, this is after a month of negotiations, back and forth with the lazy bum sales person that picked up the phone and became my salesperson. I have called over 70 dealerships in the US that had a taycan to see what the build on them were. Majority wont give a discount and some even claim that the demo loaners they have are new, or wont disclose how many miles they have on them. Make sure you get the build sheet as it states if the car is a loaner and when warranty date started. makesure they dont run your creidt before you giving a depost and buyers order form so they cannot back out of the deal. Lots of thief's out there
They sometimes will still try to back out of a deal even after taking a deposit and you having numbers on a piece of paper that both sides signed. I just picked up a 4S in August and I spent 4 hours negotiating and threatening just to get back to the agreed upon price that was black and white on a piece of paper (which we had reached after hours of haggling, even though it was just the published "Special offer" on the Porsche website!!)

Make sure you are prepared to go to battle every step of the way. Keep all the print outs, try to get as much as possible in writing, and run your own numbers. I've had them plug in agreed upon MSRP, discount and interest / MF, and still arrive at inflated prices vs. what the real math should have been. Trust nothing except your own math. Don't trust any of their statements ("Porsche increased the MF, it's out of our control" was a blatant lie they told me, for instance).

US car dealers are the worst, especially any that are part of AutoNation. Assume they will try to cheat you - and be pleasantly surprised if by chance you luck out and they don't.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I've purchased through Porsche of Marin. They had a change of ownership in the last couple of years and there has been some turnover but as a long time customer I've been treated well. My salesman is Michael Gray and he's been there since at least 2007. Ask for him. I can't guarantee a discount but Michael is a straight up guy who works hard for his customers and knows his product. Tell him Mike with the silver Taycan 4S in Santa Rosa referred you.
Thanks Mike. I live in Mill Valley and porsche of Marin is about ten minutes away.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
I was offerred total 10% off on my 2022 RWD taycan in my 2nd visit, with about $50K options package. I just ordered it in minute.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
I was offerred total 10% off on my 2022 RWD taycan in my 2nd visit, with about $50K options package. I just ordered it in minute.
is this in the US?

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Maybe I'm crazy but I gave up a 4SCT allocation since the dealership was only giving $1,000 off. Besides disliking the SA I was working with, the dealership that I bought my other P Cars from offered me nearly 5% off to earn my business back. The sales manager promised me the first 4SCT allocation they get. On a $135K build, the number is substantial enough to foster some patience for me. I must admit, it sure was sad to see my tracked dream disappear. :crying:
I’m back with an allocation in my possession. Woo hoo. Waiting to see TYD appear again but I’m being told a March delivery. I was so depressed when I let my last order go, I had to stop reading these wonderful forums. ?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
That's awesome that you were able to get 5% off and tracking for a March Delivery. I was only able to snag a 2% discount today on a CT4S, but tracking for an April delivery. Of the dealers I contacted, only 15% of them had received an allocation, 5% had filled their orders, 5% were asking 10 - 15K over MSRP, 5% was asking MSRP with some wiggle room. Quite envious of your discount. :)
Sponsored