rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
It's very difficult to buy from out of state. It has to be a dealer that wants to make the deal.
I believe it has something to do with the registration process. Leases from out of state are almost impossible
Yeah I ran into this same thing trying to buy from a CA dealer out of state a few years ago when I was looking at BMWs. The dealers I contacted flat-out refused.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It's very difficult to buy from out of state.
Is this referencing in general or just not in person? I’ve bought out of state a number of times, but usually in person (only once over the phone).

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Is this referencing in general or just not in person? I’ve bought out of state a number of times, but usually in person (only once over the phone).
On the phone especially when it comes to new car leases. Used cars there is no problem

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
It's very difficult to buy from out of state. It has to be a dealer that wants to make the deal.
I believe it has something to do with the registration process. Leases from out of state are almost impossible
Interes
3% on a 2021 ct4. I ordered two weeks ago delivery in September
Interesting, I ordered a ct4 in April & delivery is scheduled for Septemb
3% on a 2021 ct4. I ordered two weeks ago delivery in September
Interesting, I ordered a ct4 in April & delivery is scheduled for September. How were you able to ordrer in July & get delivery in Sept.?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2021 4S two days ago. I live in Western Canada. The dealer in my city was so apathetic the salesman basically Googled "Porsche" and then showed me his screen. No negotiation & no "pitch" either. It was a very odd way to purchase a car.

In the end, I walked away from my local dealer quite disappointed. I did my own leg-work and purchased a 2021 4S from Toronto, about 2500km away. It was extremely close to what I wanted for a custom build, and the supply of Taycans was / is drying up here quickly. Models are being snapped up and supply is dwindling.

I didn't mind paying MSRP, the salespeople in Toronto were extremely pleasant and I got a great deal in shipping, didn't cost much to put it in a professional covered truck and in less than a week it was at my door. They gave me a 50% discount on the shipping, so you just gotta shrug at these things.

Like it was said earlier, supply & demand. Plus, in my area, many of the major brands (Chev / GM, Toyota, even Porsche) are all owned by the same conglomerate so the salespeople DON'T get commission or perks. It's a 9-5 hour$ job like the Costco. Explains the disinterest.

I feel quite lucky I was able to get my "almost" dream car so quickly. At the end of the day, it's just a great automobile and I drive around with a smile and a laugh all day. It's such a blast.

All the best to those of you who have ordered. Hope Porsche can keep churning these beauties out. :)

SON02221.jpeg
Great color!

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Interes

Interesting, I ordered a ct4 in April & delivery is scheduled for Septemb

Interesting, I ordered a ct4 in April & delivery is scheduled for September. How were you able to ordrer in July & get delivery in Sept.?
June 21st order. The dealer had the allocation, that’s why I went with them. Lock date was June 28. Track your dream says that it is scheduled to production this Friday July 16 and arrive in us September 3rd. I will believe it when I see it. I’ll keep you posted.

Gunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E63S
Country flag
Yeah I ran into this same thing trying to buy from a CA dealer out of state a few years ago when I was looking at BMWs. The dealers I contacted flat-out refused.
Interesting. I leased 2 vehicles in 2019 (BMW X5 and MB AMG E63) from dealers in CA. I am in AZ. Both had no issues with me being out of state and actually said they do multiple deals every month with customers from AZ.

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
For those that recently did a custom build were the dealers willing to negotiate % off MSRP or was it MSRP as the price? I am in between finding something on the lot a 2021 or just going custom. Right now not getting enough enticing deals to make the jump to something on the lot. So far only seeing 5% or so off MSRP for 2021 4S on the lot.
Not in the UK! No discounts on Porsches

TNG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
After reaching our to a plethora of dealers, including Marin Porsche, just 20 minutes from where I live, I bought my Taycan at Burlingame Porsche. Initially, I negotiated a 5% discount, though I believe that they would have gone to 6% at the drop of a hat. I got another 2% discount after my car was delayed by 3 months. FYI: I did order my car last December and the climate for buying cars has changed considerably since then, as I'm sure you're aware.

Nevertheless, I suggest you talk directly with Craig Mucci, the VP or Sal Martin, the sales manager, both are great no BS gentlemen who'll treat you with respect and integrity. Cut to the chase and don't deal with an incentivized sales guy as they have zero interest in saving you money. That said, Sal did turn me over to a sles guy who was ultimately very helpful and communicative and my experience at Burlingame Porsche was superlative.
Thanks for the pointers. I'll give that a try.

XTurismo

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Audi E-Tron
Country flag
I got $2,500 off on a CT4 order. Dealer was extremely reluctant to offer a discount on a CT4, but relented when I walked away. Not a great discount for a $115K car, but at least it's something.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I got $2,500 off on a CT4 order. Dealer was extremely reluctant to offer a discount on a CT4, but relented when I walked away. Not a great discount for a $115K car, but at least it's something.
Good to know. That's about what I've been expecting. I guess if you factor in the 7500 tax credit, you could look at it as $10k off (kind of).

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
June 21st order. The dealer had the allocation, that’s why I went with them. Lock date was June 28. Track your dream says that it is scheduled to production this Friday July 16 and arrive in us September 3rd. I will believe it when I see it. I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks. My Dealer also had an allocation when I ordered in April, and again my delivery is scheduled for September. Don't understand what happen to my order vs. yours from April to June?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Thanks. My Dealer also had an allocation when I ordered in April, and again my delivery is scheduled for September. Don't understand what happen to my order vs. yours from April to June?
The allocation was for July build. Maybe I was just lucky. All the other dealers had September or October build allocations.

Peter W

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hammeryachts.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT -2016 Cayenne-1997 911 vesuvio grey
Country flag
I got a mere 1% from Champion in Fort Lauderdale. Total custom order, mamba green Taycan CT. I ordered in early May, the allocation 'closed' a week later, car is build and almost on the freighter, eta at dealership second week of August. I did not push them hard ; they gave me more in trade for my 2017 911 than I had paid for it 9 months ago, so I was quite happy.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What kind of discounts are people seeing on a custom order Turbo S?
Sponsored