DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A tiny idiotic rock chip has turned into an absolute nightmare.

I took a rock chip coming back from Porsche Palooza '23 - my dealer told me it would be over 11K to repair so I said screw it, I'll live with the star.

A month or two ago, the star spread into a full blown crack. My insurance company has only paid for a fraction of the repair and (so far) has refused to adjudicate the remainder of the claim (which is now 14K!)

My insurance company sucks, but honestly this is straight stupid. There is no planet where it should cost this much to replace a piece of glass.

Meanwhile my car has been in the shop for two weeks and hasn't even been looked at.

The whole thing has me so sour on Taycan in general, my insurance company, and the world.
Porsche Taycan Do NOT crack your panoramic glass! IMG_1935
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Did you repair/fill the chip at the time it happened? I keep a kit in my car just in case.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Super frustrating :( It's pretty wild that a crack can happen on the roof from a rock like that >.<
My previous Taycan ALSO took a similar chip! That one wasn't deep enough to crack, though.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same thing happened to my glass roof. Insurance paid $12k for the claim. I paid $100 deductible. Took about 2 weeks to repair but then the roof rails were tighten too much and cracked my roof again. Then took another 2 weeks to get another roof. A few weeks past then it rained and my trunk was all wet. Took it back to the body shop, had to remove the entire roof and all the glue and reinstall. That took another 3 weeks. The worst part of it all is that this is a porsche certified body shop. Great service by the shop but you'd think the work would've been better since its a certified shop.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Same thing happened to my glass roof. Insurance paid $12k for the claim. I paid $100 deductible. Took about 2 weeks to repair but then the roof rails were tighten too much and cracked my roof again. Then took another 2 weeks to get another roof. A few weeks past then it rained and my trunk was all wet. Took it back to the body shop, had to remove the entire roof and all the glue and reinstall. That took another 3 weeks. The worst part of it all is that this is a porsche certified body shop. Great service by the shop but you'd think the work would've been better since its a certified shop.
All this makes me want to send the car to the crusher.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
14k? Ridiculous. You can buy a new Dacia for that kind of money. Porsche should be ashamed. Is this the VLC one? If not imagine the repair costs when that one breaks.
No, it's just the plain glass!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag