How do you guys drive to get your posted range!?

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I get about 300 miles during the summer and 200-250 miles during the cold weather. I drive in normal mode and have only used range mode twice in 18 months. I have a 4s with 20" wheels. Outside temperature has a huge impact. If you run defrost to heat up the glass in the winter, range can definitely take a hit if you keep it blasting the whole time. Speed also has an impact but mostly above 70 MPH. I haven't seen much of a difference around driving style.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I get about 300 miles during the summer and 200-250 miles during the cold weather. I drive in normal mode and have only used range mode twice in 18 months. I have a 4s with 20" wheels. Outside temperature has a huge impact. If you run defrost to heat up the glass in the winter, range can definitely take a hit if you keep it blasting the whole time. Speed also has an impact but mostly above 70 MPH. I haven't seen much of a difference around driving style.
I have a 4s with 20 inch wheels and I have never seen such range numbers, currently an 80% charge shows 170 miles of range. I am in FL and just the other night temps are 70+ daytime low 60's in the evenings. I have used the heat or defrost.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I get about 300 miles during the summer and 200-250 miles during the cold weather. I drive in normal mode and have only used range mode twice in 18 months. I have a 4s with 20" wheels.
I also have a 4S with 20” wheels (and all season tires). It got 300+ all summer and is down to 265 now with temps in the 30s for the low and 50s for the high.

Mostly my wife driving in normal during the week and me driving in sport on the weekends.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Here is the output from my charger imported into a online database. Summarized by month. The numbers look good. I have added temperature to the analysis. My car looks like it is doing well. Shown are at Final SOC and Estimated Range at 100%. Running abt 270miles range. Highest estimated range was 290-300 in August (Not shown in this screen grab).
4S Energy Log.jpg
Is this output from a charger directly?
what charger are you using in such case.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Is this output from a charger directly?
what charger are you using in such case.
PMCC. Go into settings, get the IP address for the charger. Go to the IP address and the charger willl ask you to login. The paperwork that came with the PMCC has the login password. You can then review the charging history and download it as a CSV file. Using a spreadsheet or a database app, you can create some calculated fields That convert ssconds to hours (charging) and calculate 100%range from ENDSOC and estimated range for that SOC.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMCC. Go into settings, get the IP address for the charger. Go to the IP address and the charger willl ask you to login. The paperwork that came with the PMCC has the login password. You can then review the charging history and download it as a CSV file. Using a spreadsheet or a database app, you can create some calculated fields That convert ssconds to hours (charging) and calculate 100%range from ENDSOC and estimated range for that SOC.
Thank you.
I have the PMCC but have never been able to get any data from the car in the PMCC. I have tried both by logging straight in to the PMCC or via the WiFi connection. Seems my car and charger will not share SOC. I can certainly see the delivered energy etc. And I brought the charger and everything at the last two updates of SW. The service agent stated that everything was up to date.

See screen shot.

Porsche Taycan How do you guys drive to get your posted range!? 6403AC23-7827-4A72-8EE9-86E7987E7362

Seems the charger is prepared to provide much more information.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Thank you.
I have the PMCC but have never been able to get any data from the car in the PMCC. I have tried both by logging straight in to the PMCC or via the WiFi connection. Seems my car and charger will not share SOC. I can certainly see the delivered energy etc. And I brought the charger and everything at the last two updates of SW. The service agent stated that everything was up to date.

See screen shot.

6403AC23-7827-4A72-8EE9-86E7987E7362.jpeg

Seems the charger is prepared to provide much more information.
When you log in to PMCC, are you getting this interface? Second tab from left is history. It looks like you are logged into myporsche.com. You won't find it there.
Porsche Taycan How do you guys drive to get your posted range!? 1636110483390

You need to go into the PMCC interace and press the gear button (settings). Navigate to page 2 of settings and select "Network", then select "Network INformation". You will see "WiFi IP" at the bottom with the IP address.
Porsche Taycan How do you guys drive to get your posted range!? PMCC Screens copy

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your reply.

No I am not at my PMCC at the moment Or logged in to it, since we are on a trip. You are correct I took a screen shot of MyPorsche login.

My screen does not look like yours at all from the Charging history. I have all the information about WiFi and PLC but I can not set any car or get SOC on the front display, as you have.

It may be because my car is a 2020 and thus I do not have Plug and Charge either in my PCM menu.

I will check with the service agent when I return home, but I am not hopeful they are able to help.
Sponsored