Does anyone actually charge to only 80%?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Uh, no. I never go by the guesstimate, as it's woefully wrong. I charged to 85% the other evening, 26 degrees outside, I drove some parts of the highway over 90mph, most was city driving and pretty tame. The guesstimate after charging to 85% was 211 miles. I returned home that evening with 10 miles of range left and I had driven 136 miles. That is 146 TOTAL RANGE on 85% charge. Right now I am on pace to 177 miles of range at 85% and that will drop off as I get lower to empty battery, it always does. I don't need to refer to charts, I have experienced the car for 16,000 miles and 20 months.
Driving at these speeds will clearly cause significant deviations in the estimated range before you start your journey - the car doesn't know what you'll get up to.

Using the Nav and driving to the local speed limits I'm pretty confident you'll find the range estimate bang on and more importantly the SOC at the end of the journey.

Like you mention you know your own car and therefore know what to expect
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Uh, no. I never go by the guesstimate, as it's woefully wrong. I charged to 85% the other evening, 26 degrees outside, I drove some parts of the highway over 90mph, most was city driving and pretty tame. The guesstimate after charging to 85% was 211 miles. I returned home that evening with 10 miles of range left and I had driven 136 miles. That is 146 TOTAL RANGE on 85% charge. Right now I am on pace to 177 miles of range at 85% and that will drop off as I get lower to empty battery, it always does. I don't need to refer to charts, I have experienced the car for 16,000 miles and 20 months.
I misunderstood your experience. If you want to drive 90 mph and have a better range you will need a different car.... Hopefully the Taycan refresh will provide that in couple years.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I misunderstood your experience. If you want to drive 90 mph and have a better range you will need a different car.... Hopefully the Taycan refresh will provide that in couple years.
The range is no better than 170 or so miles with city driving, in winter. 145 miles if driven on highway, you know, like a PORSCHE.....
Sponsored