Electric Logo on Taycan

Pras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class BMW X5
Country flag
Hi, Here in Australia, the 'electric' logo on the side is a no-cost option. Does anyone recommend I add it? Do people really care if it needs to show that it is an electric Porsche ?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This particular option won’t age well. Similar to placing “EFI” (electronic fuel injection) on side or back of a car. This dates the car back to a time when this technology was new and novel. Once it becomes commonplace, it sends a different message. “Electric” will become the new EFI.

OP
OP

Pras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class BMW X5
Country flag
Good point. Thank you.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
If it arrives with it on (as I think it will but for only certain countries), removal of both “electric” badges would be my usual first mod of “Goo Gone” and fishing line and the two badges would disappear in the first 20 minutes of its first arrival in my garage.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
The logo seems to be standard in the States on the refresh. I believe you can get rid of it by choosing the ”delete model designation” no-cost option. It drops off the configurator images when I do that.

OP
OP

Pras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class BMW X5
Country flag
The logo seems to be standard in the States on the refresh. I believe you can get rid of it by choosing the ”delete model designation” no-cost option. It drops off the configurator images when I do that.
Okay, great. thank you.

OP
OP

Pras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class BMW X5
Country flag
If it arrives with it on (as I think it will but for only certain countries), removal of both “electric” badges would be my usual first mod of “Goo Gone” and fishing line and the two badges would disappear in the first 20 minutes of its first arrival in my garage.
:like:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I added the glacier blue Porsche logo to the rear light strip instead. I still says this is an electric car without shouting it.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I added the glacier blue Porsche logo to the rear light strip instead. I still says this is an electric car without shouting it.
rear light strip = electric? IDK
I reside in a blue state, but wouldn't want some random flag-touting ICE pickup swerving at me for "electric" stickers either. The zeitgeist isn't too friendly.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
...wouldn't want some random flag-touting ICE pickup swerving at me for "electric" stickers either. The zeitgeist isn't too friendly.
See above posts where many of the unwashed don't even realize Porsche makes an EV ;)

PhilAZandON

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I do not have it on mine, but love it from a design standpoint. The font is contemporary. And I love the all lowercase treatment. It looks great.

And removing it is not a big deal if at sometime in the future, you wanted it gone.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I like mine. Many people don’t even realise Porsche make an electric car.
Surely most folk would remember this EV beauty

Porsche Taycan Electric Logo on Taycan 1711988461140-kj

or indeed the Egger-Lohner C.2 Phaeton (aka the "P1" to denote the first Porsche) of 1898?
Sponsored