Electrify America Poll

What % of your visits to Electrify America do you complete your session WITHOUT any issues ?

• Less than 25%

• Between 25-50%

• 51-75%

• Over 75%

Results are only viewable after voting.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any update if Charging America app is now working? Planning for my weekly charge since I am still waiting for my charger to be installed at my condo.
If the Charging NA app does not work for you then I believe you can use the Electrify America app or simply a credit card to charge and then have Porsche reimburse you, may want to call Porsche North America first. But I would sit idle with that car.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the Charging NA app does not work for you then I believe you can use the Electrify America app or simply a credit card to charge and then have Porsche reimburse you, may want to call Porsche North America first. But I would sit idle with that car.
You just call the EA number on the charger and they'll start a free session for you.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Any update if Charging America app is now working? Planning for my weekly charge since I am still waiting for my charger to be installed at my condo.
Worked seamlessly for me Monday afternoon at the EA in Longview, Washington. First time I could get it to work. Other times calling the EA number got me linked in for a free session.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am planning a trip from IL to CO in a couple weeks. Will be interested in how the DC charger network works along the way. Will report how it goes.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Best of luck on your journey, look forward to review.
I am planning a trip from IL to CO in a couple weeks. Will be interested in how the DC charger network works along the way. Will report how it goes.
If you are not already planning to try A Better Route Planner often shortened to ABRP https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

Thereis an iOS and Android app as well as the website interface. Choose Taycan and I believe that you can tweak the efficiency to 300 Wh/mi.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Only my 2nd charge at an E.America location using the ChargeAmerica app.
Once a again, no go.
The E. America location did not recognize me....took another hour w/help from the E.America 800# lady. She turned on the station from her end, again.
Aline J. at Porsche Connect Support says my "Porsche charging services are active".

Wish they were a bit more 'active' so I could easily get a charge :) .

kruzmisl

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S. 2019 Cayenne E-Hy.
Country flag
my answer is none of the above! I ii’ve in a rather populated area of California, but I’m about 12-15 miles between either of 2 stations. In heavy traffic, this coul take 30-45 minutes. And maybe it won’t be working. So in the 800 miles I’ve owned this fantastic car, I’ve never been to one! I live 2 miles from my Porsche dealer, but to use their slow charger you must feed the squirrels ?

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my Taycan 4S since 6/7/2021 and usually charge once a week at EA. I've only had two time where I has issues. The first was the charger was out of order and I had to move to another and the second it stopped charging for some reason and I had to disconnect and reconnect. Other than those two issues my experience at EA has been flawless using my plug and charge option.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to quantify from latest data on my tracking spreadsheet that I build from imports of Porsche Charging and add missing sessions as I get about 98% end of session screen shots.

Since Nov 2020
EA Sessions: 114
Charging Hrs: 87.03
Charging Power: 4.44545 MWh (corrected capitalization)
Charging Costs: $11.32

I kinda like statistics ?

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Just to quantify from latest data on my tracking spreadsheet that I build from imports of Porsche Charging and add missing sessions as I get about 98% end of session screen shots.

Since Nov 2020
EA Sessions: 114
Charging Hrs: 87.03
Charging Power: 4.44545 mWh
Charging Costs: $11.32

I kinda like statistics ?
Hmm.... 4.44545 milliwatt-hours? Aren't accurate units part of statistics? ?

So, assuming that was supposed to me MWh, you got yourself some between $400-$1200 in value out of the free DC charging (depending where you charged and whether you compare it to EA price or home electricity price). Not bad! Over 8 years of driving Tesla's with all free supercharging, I estimate I used about ~2.5MWhr total, vast majority of it on a coast to coast round trip . My wife's total DC charging in her Teslas over 8 years, ~8KWh (one time to test it and one time to opportunistically charge on a road trip while getting coffee, just in case).

Last edited:

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My challenges with Electrify America are the slooooooooooooooow charging speeds. In the 10 times I have used an EA charger, have have only gotten above 75kw in charging speeds once. While the servicing team is phenomenal in their response, they can do nothing about charging speeds. I am heading to Aspen today for a drive, and using two separate EA chargers, so hopefully I will have better luck in charging speeds.

This will be my first drive with the new software updates, and a new 12v battery. Let's see how things go!!
Please report back after the trip and let us know how it went.
Sponsored