mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So my car is 1 month old. It comes with 3 years of EA charging. I charge at home level 2, and have successfully charged at several fast chargers, including EA fast chargers. The EA location near me has 3 150kw and 1 350kw chargers. I have tried >10 times (unsuccessfully) to charge at the 350kw charger. The session initiates, then fails immediately. I get a charge port error message on my dash. I then move over to one of the 150kw chargers and charge successfully (albeit maxing out at 50kWH charge speed).

I called EA who recommended I take the car to the dealer and see if it is a port issue.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So my car is 1 month old. It comes with 3 years of EA charging. I charge at home level 2, and have successfully charged at several fast chargers, including EA fast chargers. The EA location near me has 3 150kw and 1 350kw chargers. I have tried >10 times (unsuccessfully) to charge at the 350kw charger. The session initiates, then fails immediately. I get a charge port error message on my dash. I then move over to one of the 150kw chargers and charge successfully (albeit maxing out at 50kWH charge speed).

I called EA who recommended I take the car to the dealer and see if it is a port issue.

Thanks.
try going to another EA charger and see if the same issues crop up and have the dealership check the car for issues.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is the only EA charger in my area. Again, charging works ok at the 150Kw charger but fails at the 350Kw charger. Incidentally, the 350Kw charger shows up on the app as a 150Kw charger.

I contacted my dealer, and they offered to take their demo Taycan to the charger and test it out. I'm waiting to hear what happens.

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag

Thanks.
Do you have the 19kw onboard charger option? If so you need to have the newly released software update done by the dealer to address the bugs created by the onboard charger. Since I received the update I have had 0 charging issues and plug and charge now works.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
This is the only EA charger in my area. Again, charging works ok at the 150Kw charger but fails at the 350Kw charger. Incidentally, the 350Kw charger shows up on the app as a 150Kw charger.

I contacted my dealer, and they offered to take their demo Taycan to the charger and test it out. I'm waiting to hear what happens.
it is very possible that one unit is malfunctioning.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
it is very possible that one unit is malfunctioning.
One thing you can try (one of the eight standard "EA dances as I like to call them") is to call EA when you are at the 350 KW charger, tell them it is faulting. Have them remotely reset it. Watch it do a reset. Then try charging. That has a 50% chance of working IF the moon is in the right phase AND you stand on your left leg only while doing it.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have the 19kw onboard charger option? If so you need to have the newly released software update done by the dealer to address the bugs created by the onboard charger. Since I received the update I have had 0 charging issues and plug and charge now works.

Yes, I do have the onboard 19kW option. I'll ask the dealer about this. Thanks
Sponsored