First long distance trip range

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Why? it looks pretty normal to me. I wouldn’t even give it a second though with the available chargers along route unless they are showing as down.
First trip jitters really.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Dang. My first long distance drive I’m doing when I get my car is going to be ATL to St Simon. I’ve been looking at ABRP and PlugShare and that stretch from Forsyth to Savannah is going to give me range anxiety.
Atl to Asheville a week later though looks like it’ll be a fun drive with a few detours on some mountain roads!
Range anxiety is a big hurdle to get over but it is almost all a mental problem. Your car can just about make that drive without charging. 282 miles according to ABRP. Your bladder probably can't make that drive without stopping so pick a couple of likely charging stops. EA/CCS reliability is the part of driving electric that is legitimate range anxiety so have a backup stop or two. Check with PlugShare before you set out and stop when it's convenient. One stop, put 100 miles back into the battery and you will have plenty of range.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I still get jitters before longer road trips but know that you can always slow down to massively expand the range. I did so twice in the last month when trying to make 220-260 miles on one charge. Traveling 70mph instead of 80 isn’t a big deal when it adds dozens of miles to range and gets you to your destination without needing an extra stop. There also seem to be more and more fast charging stations popping up (at least here in Texas) which means there will be more fallback charging options, even if they may take a bit longer to increase your SoC than a 350kw EA charger.
Sponsored