First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E39 M5, e450 wagon
Country flag
Hi All,

Picked up my CT4 about a month ago and cannot get over the level of software/quality control issues with this vehicle as beautiful and amazing to drive as it is.

My alarm goes off anytime I use My Porsche or look at it wrong with the doors locked unless I remember to use the magic double remote press and not comfort close as the interior monitor disabling appears only intermittently on shut down. Dealer response: "This is a known issue and there's no fix as of now. Just make sure you double-click the remote to close every time." I've now had to apologize to all of my neighbors for the hassle this is causing.

My PCM crashes regularly, and requires the long-hold corner trick to reboot.

Charging timers don't work and charging profiles don't work so unless I go out after midnight to plug in my car I'm paying $0.50+/kwh versus $0.21 in order to have the car fully charged in the morning.

The compass dial on the sport chrono is broken, and whirs/clicks anytime I make a turn, with dealer saying "no ETA on a replacement part"

I've had a "differential lock failure" screen come up when backing down a steep driveway with dealer saying "let us know if it comes back on. Just turn off and turn on the car, it's probably a software issue."

It's my first porsche since my wife's 356B and I've got to say I've had better initial quality and dealer service from cars costing 1/3 the price.

Just needed to vent.
Sponsored

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
You’re not alone, if that helps!

Wibie

First Name
Wim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s. Tesla X
Country flag
Well - my 4s broke down after 6 weeks with a detective main transformer :) it took them 2 weeks to agree with the factory to order a replacement. The part was 6 weeks in backlog - they are now already 2 weeks trying to get it up and running ... so in short the cars is sitting allready longer in the work shop then I had the joy of driving it. Luckely our Tesla X keeps on rolling …

OP
OP

Busski

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E39 M5, e450 wagon
Country flag
Well - my 4s broke down after 6 weeks with a detective main transformer :) it took them 2 weeks to agree with the factory to order a replacement. The part was 6 weeks in backlog - they are now already 2 weeks trying to get it up and running ... so in short the cars is sitting allready longer in the work shop then I had the joy of driving it. Luckely our Tesla X keeps on rolling …
I’m very lucky that my issues don’t prevent me from driving the car and definitely have higher standards given the premium paid for this car. My M5 and e450 wagon experiences were very different than this one and those cars were bargains in comparison :).

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I've had my 4S CT for a month with 1000 miles on the clock.

My issues

1. Over sensitive "sensors". I frequently get errors telling me my sensors a malfunctioning but it's due to very mild road dirt or condensation on a cold day

2. My boot (trunk) occasionally only closes half way

3. PCM Occasionally slow to boot up when starting the car

4. Both front doors have something rattling in them... Possibly a cable of some sort?

5. Power charging ports occasionally taking several swipes before the open or close, especially when raining.

6. Smart lift occasionally not lifting despite driving below 20mph

Otherwise... So far so good
?

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag

My issues

1. Over sensitive "sensors". I frequently get errors telling me my sensors a malfunctioning but it's due to very mild road dirt or condensation on a cold day

4. Both front doors have something rattling in them... Possibly a cable of some sort?

5. Power charging ports occasionally taking several swipes before the open or close, especially when raining.

?
#4 there is what would drive me mad… #3 I’m expecting tbh. #5 I’m planning to mainly open from in the car, but know I’ll need to move like a whippet to plug in before it auto closes…I’ll use a massage seat cycle in advance to limber up…

May see you on the road one day, I’m in Herts but girlfriend in Glasgow so great frequent road trip reason.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
#4 there is what would drive me mad… #3 I’m expecting tbh. #5 I’m planning to mainly open from in the car, but know I’ll need to move like a whippet to plug in before it auto closes…I’ll use a massage seat cycle in advance to limber up…

May see you on the road one day, I’m in Herts but girlfriend in Glasgow so great frequent road trip reason.
No. 4 has been driving me mad for 2 months now. The OPC has videos taken by me with the noise clearly audible and acknowledged it but cannot replicate it when they have it so won’t commence any work.

So back and forth we go.

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
Sorry to hear you're having these issues - understand the need to vent as well so Ill add mine too ( hoping for a cathartic effect by listing our niggles ).

1. Also got the overly sensitive sensors - almost always when the cars dirty or its raining ( generally I joke that the car doesn't like to get wet )

2. Driven through some relatively small puddles which wouldn't trouble any ICE car and the Electric motor fans sucked up loads of debris, started making nasty noises which then required a trip to our dealer who admitted it is somewhat of a design fault on TCT given its mild off road pretensions.

3. Annoying rattles from the start. I have taken the rear shelf out as its constantly rattling and we now have a new one that's started from the panel under the dash on the passenger side.

4. The PCM unit has a mind of its own randomly goes into Guest mode for no apparent reason. The blue tooth is erratic as is Apple Car play.

5. The electric charge port cover quite often sticks open/half closes. I have traced this to when the cars dirty and I think grit gets into the mechanism - motivates me to keep the car sparkly but with British weather and the roads near us that's not easy. Still should be better.

6. Range is nowhere near what others are getting but suspect that's mainly because of the 21" wheels and we drive it just like an ICE car: stereo, heated seats and aircon on full modes.

That's our list of " characteristics " so far which compared to others I feel we've got off lightly and was sort of what I was expecting.

Still absolutely love it though. such a brilliant car and had a blue CT4 behind me yesterday coming onto the M6 motorway - wow it looked great !!!!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
3. Annoying rattles from the start. I have taken the rear shelf out as its constantly rattling and we now have a new one that's started from the panel under the dash on the passenger side.

6. Range is nowhere near what others are getting but suspect that's mainly because of the 21" wheels and we drive it just like an ICE car: stereo, heated seats and aircon on full modes.
RE # 3 - have a look at this thread in case it might be your solution too:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ct-rattle-fix-from-rear-trunk-how-to.8673/

and RE # 6 - my observations might also be of interest (or not! :)):

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my-real-world-consumptive-test-ct-4s.9096/#post-129906

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
RE # 3 - have a look at this thread in case it might be your solution too:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ct-rattle-fix-from-rear-trunk-how-to.8673/

and RE # 6 - my observations might also be of interest (or not! :)):

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my-real-world-consumptive-test-ct-4s.9096/#post-129906
Brill thanks buddy will check the first one when my wife gets back from work and read through the second thread to see if that helps - 4500 miles in and haven’t really seen any change 95% charge = around 200 miles plus or minus 10 miles dependent on mode and temperature

appreciate that :)

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag

My issues

?
I also suffer 1, 3 and 5. Although 1 happens much less now vs when it was new. Electric ports, I open from inside the car, neater trick when you pull up to charge.

Tiree Taycan

First Name
Tiree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Ionic-5, Porsche 911 3.2 Targa
Country flag

My issues

?
4. Production line workers in Detroit used to entomb coke cans behind door cards when pissed with the management. lol.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

Picked up my CT4 about a month ago and cannot get over the level of software/quality control issues with this vehicle as beautiful and amazing to drive as it is.

My alarm goes off anytime I use My Porsche or look at it wrong with the doors locked unless I remember to use the magic double remote press and not comfort close as the interior monitor disabling appears only intermittently on shut down. Dealer response: "This is a known issue and there's no fix as of now. Just make sure you double-click the remote to close every time." I've now had to apologize to all of my neighbors for the hassle this is causing.

My PCM crashes regularly, and requires the long-hold corner trick to reboot.

Charging timers don't work and charging profiles don't work so unless I go out after midnight to plug in my car I'm paying $0.50+/kwh versus $0.21 in order to have the car fully charged in the morning.

The compass dial on the sport chrono is broken, and whirs/clicks anytime I make a turn, with dealer saying "no ETA on a replacement part"

I've had a "differential lock failure" screen come up when backing down a steep driveway with dealer saying "let us know if it comes back on. Just turn off and turn on the car, it's probably a software issue."

It's my first porsche since my wife's 356B and I've got to say I've had better initial quality and dealer service from cars costing 1/3 the price.

Just needed to vent.
Hugely frustrating for sure.

Which EVSE are you using or have you already been down that particular rabbit hole?

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Well, perhaps now that Porsche production is stopping for a while (due to the Ukraine situation and accompanying parts-supply issue), Porsche can put more efforts into correcting the many problems across its models (Taycan and Cayenne being apparently particularly bad these days).
Sponsored