First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Hi all!

after an exciting two years with my 2020 Taycan 4S+ I have decided to move on and get into a new Porsche.
Porsche Taycan Goodbye for now! 2C57FB06-2EA3-48DD-B7B3-F1F5E513819D

This Cayenne Coupe GTS will be my new ride for the time being. It’s handled amazingly well and won me over with improved utility and incredibly smooth ride.

I have a second child on the way and the X7 wasn’t as enjoyable as I wanted for the regular driver, while the Taycan with two car seats is very tight. So averaged it out and got this.

look forward to coming back to a Taycan soon!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride, but with the jacked up gas prices these days, I would think electric is the way to go.
Yea but I had a v8 X7 already so it combined into this.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Why not get both?

Congrats. Amazing car as well. Great V8 sound, enjoy while we still have these beast around.

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why not get both?

Congrats. Amazing car as well. Great V8 sound, enjoy while we still have these beast around.
just wanted to reduce time and complexity. Taycan and X7 spent a lot of time at the dealership and had some very significant issues. This is one car, hopefully less issues and less complexity.

Last edited:

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Why not the CT wagon? We moved from a cayenne S to the CT. It’s a bit smaller, but wonder how the size diff is with your coupe style.

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why not the CT wagon? We moved from a cayenne S to the CT. It’s a bit smaller, but wonder how the size diff is with your coupe style.
Sure by the time one of those comes in it’ll be 2024. But in seriousness I’m just not a wagon fan.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yea but I had a v8 X7 already so it combined into this.
Have you considered a Model X, perhaps Model Y? For me, once I've gone EV, I cannot seem to bring myself back. The instant, butter smooth performance is just unbeatable. If I wanted a car to haul around little kids, Model X would be the likely choice, given today selection of EVs. But given my kids are not little, I'm waiting for Porsche to figure out how to build one for me.

PS> I know you already made the purchase, so not trying to change your mind, just curious if you considered Tesla.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Won't help with the 'useless' middle rear seat - Taycan is really a 2+2 and not a 4+1 as the Marketeers would have you believe!

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Won't help with the 'useless' middle rear seat - Taycan is really a 2+2 and not a 4+1 as the Marketeers would have you believe!
Yea you get it. It’s a coupe with rear doors not a true 4+1. When it comes to two car seats it’s just not a great experience. So if I’m going to be driving a bigger vehicle a lot might as well get as close to the taycan as possible. And honestly the GTS is a great analogy. V8 gives toe and deep acceleration similar to an electric and hooks up nearly as fast.

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you considered a Model X, perhaps Model Y? For me, once I've gone EV, I cannot seem to bring myself back. The instant, butter smooth performance is just unbeatable. If I wanted a car to haul around little kids, Model X would be the likely choice, given today selection of EVs. But given my kids are not little, I'm waiting for Porsche to figure out how to build one for me.

PS> I know you already made the purchase, so not trying to change your mind, just curious if you considered Tesla.
Not into ride and handling of Tesla. The GTS is a very specific beast that rides a very specific way that speaks to me. It’s as fun as the taycan while adding a bit more everyday utility.
Cayenne GTS EV? Sign me up when it’s ready.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Love the new ride. Sorry to see you go, but have fun.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Fully agree….2+2 that middle seat a waste ?
Sponsored