GTS Build Feedback

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
You are good except if you want to charge faster at home ie 19.2kw but you will need a dedicated 100amp circuit to run 80amp/19.2kw. Not necessary. Standard is fine, actually charging at 10kw on my hardwired charger.
The 150kw is for Tesla superchargers if they ever open to non Tesla and a cheap option.

Hmm wait I’m confused. I currently charge my Tesla at home via my 220V outlet. Does the Taycan not support that charging speed out of the box? Is that seriously an option I need to pay for?
Sponsored

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
Hmm wait I’m confused. I currently charge my Tesla at home via my 220V outlet. Does the Taycan not support that charging speed out of the box? Is that seriously an option I need to pay for?
It is supported, is the default, and charging is limited to ~9.2kW off AC. My Taycan does not have the 19.2kW charger and charges at 10kW off my 64A EVSE (ClipperCreek HCS-80). Had I taken the 19.2kW charger it would charge at ~15kW. I only slightly regret not taking the option.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To charge at 19.2 kw you'll need an dedicated 100amp circuit in your home. Most houses in North American only have ~100amps for the WHOLE HOUSE. This option is for the very select few who have that kinda power at home or work.

In classic German fashion, the engineers have thought of everything, but confuse the general public greatly. same as the 400V 150kw charger which a friend of mine laughed at porsche for "needing an option to charge at 150kw"?

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
N
It is supported, is the default, and charging is limited to ~9.2kW off AC. My Taycan does not have the 19.2kW charger and charges at 10kW off my 64A EVSE (ClipperCreek HCS-80). Had I taken the 19.2kW charger it would charge at ~15kW. I only slightly regret not taking the option.
No need to regret. To charge at 19kw with this option you'll need a dedicated 100 amp circuit. Will cost about 5k to install plus a ton of paper work with your local utility company. Not worth it at all. Maybe in Europe it's more common but doesn't make sense in NA, same with the 400V 150kw option

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
No need to regret. To charge at 19kw with this option you'll need a dedicated 100 amp circuit. Will cost about 5k to install plus a ton of paper work with your local utility company. Not worth it at all. Maybe in Europe it's more common but doesn't make sense in NA, same with the 400V 150kw option
I do have a dedicated 100A circuit, and my HCS-80 is attached to it, so I could be charging at 15kW (I'd need a different EVSE to charge at 19kW), but can only charge at 10kW. This is the source of the justifiable regret.

The reason for such a circuit is to support two EVs simultaneously, which I hope to be the norm soon enough. I have two HCS-80 connected with the Share2 control system, so the EVSEs will split the power between themselves depending on the demand from the EVs.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Wood trim in a car like the Taycan just makes it look a little dated / old people-y in my opinion. It doesn't suit such a modern car that well. I'd go with the cleaner look of something else.
I don't like the layout of the wood trim in the Taycan so wouldn't choose it either but for me as an engineer working with carbon fibre for 40 years I DO consider wood to be a nice decorative material but not carbon fibre. For decoration it looks completely naff to me, FAUX squared!
I would pay extra not to have it anywhere for decoration but am very happy for the weight saving anywhere it is used effectively in the structure of the car.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
AC charging will top out at 11KW unless you have this option. (That is certainly the case here in Australia - hopefully someone will jump in and confirm that this is the case in the USA.)

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Dealer told me yes but would like to hear other confirmations
I was under the impression that the GTS logo only comes on Race-Tex. I've ordered a GTS ST & added the Porsche Crest. I hope I haven't been misinformed here.

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
AC charging will top out at 11KW unless you have this option. (That is certainly the case here in Australia - hopefully someone will jump in and confirm that this is the case in the USA.)
I was under the impression that three phase AC supply at home would allow faster charging and take advantage of the 19.2kW on board option. E.g (19,200W / 240V) / 3 = 26.6A per phase, which should be fine for a home supply.
Also, there are three-phase level 2 chargers out in the wild that support 22kW, which could be useful on a road trip when venturing away from the fast charging corridors.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
I've lived and worked in the US for (in total) several years... but I keep forgetting how backward the electricity supply is. 110V, single-phase supply is a recipe for inefficiency.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was under the impression that the GTS logo only comes on Race-Tex. I've ordered a GTS ST & added the Porsche Crest. I hope I haven't been misinformed here.
It looks to be on the leather / racetex standard interior and either of the GTS interior trims only. Extended/ full leather doesn't appear to have the GTS lettering embossed (you can add the Porsche Crest).

Carmine / Crayon GTS Interior
Porsche Taycan GTS Build Feedback 1643024082208

Standard Leather / Racetex

Porsche Taycan GTS Build Feedback 1643024104815

Extended / full leather interior (no lettering or option to add)

Porsche Taycan GTS Build Feedback 1643024127063

Extended / full leather interior (Porsche Crest)

Porsche Taycan GTS Build Feedback 1643024154275

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
What's interesting / confusing is that when Porsche first announced the GTS, the configurator showed the headrest GTS logo, even on leather interiors.

I really hope it's a glitch, and they didn't get rid of it for leather interiors. It looked nicer than the Porsche logo, and would save £320 for the privilege!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What's interesting / confusing is that when Porsche first announced the GTS, the configurator showed the headrest GTS logo, even on leather interiors.

I really hope it's a glitch, and they didn't get rid of it for leather interiors. It looked nicer than the Porsche logo, and would save £320 for the privilege!
Glad you noticed that too - I was certain they were there too but didn't want to mention in case I was having a 'senior moment'. Best to check with the dealer - don't see why GTS wouldn't be available on leather.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Glad you noticed that too - I was certain they were there too but didn't want to mention in case I was having a 'senior moment'. Best to check with the dealer - don't see why GTS wouldn't be available on leather.
Totally. I asked the dealer a month or so ago, but they haven't been able to confirm. I suspect they are waiting for the car to start rolling out the factories first. Seems like it's a bit of a grey area at the moment.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
You definitely did not have a “senior moment”;)

I saved it while it was still showing.

Porsche Taycan GTS Build Feedback 24207298-21AA-43E8-A4EC-0736785CC6EE
Sponsored