MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I won't say "have a cracking time" because you've been there before! That said, enjoy the collection, savour the moment and standby for that first drive of your new car (again)- it's a fantastic feeling isn't it.

Health to use and don't forget the obligatory photos! 👍

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I also went from 4s to GTS. Hehehe. I wish you godspeed :)!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I also went from 4s to GTS. Hehehe. I wish you godspeed :)!
I also have a 4S and are considering a switch to a GTS. What’s your experience in terms of handling and power difference compared to your 4S?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I also have a 4S and are considering a switch to a GTS. What’s your experience in terms of handling and power difference compared to your 4S?
Nice colour and wheels there from the OP!

I went from 4S to GTS and fine tuned the specification. I went from 20s to 21s.
I cannot tell the difference between the cars in terms of handling and performance.
Perhaps if I was at the 'Ring with an instructor I might be able to notice the increased power
and improved handling of 21 wheels and PTV. Alas I am a mere mortal without a BRDC license and I have not been carting since I was 9 months old nor do I have cohones the size of watermelons.
The 4S was eye wateringly quick, the GTS is too.
Neither made me nauseous like my mates Turbo S where you can tell a real difference.

So there is one of 3 options
1/ Conspiracy! I have been sold a 4S with GTS details?
2/ I am a shit driver who can't tell the difference?
3/ There really is not much difference?
Take your pick

Buy a GTS anyway
The difference is in the detail. The Alcantara interior and Sports wheel over 18 way seats is included and make the GTS a much nicer place to be. The exterior all black details and RS wheels over pale colour with unique GTS body kit make the car look better than my 4S on the outside too.
With dark colours you lose all the definition and contrast.
The only thing I paid to add over my 4S was ACC which is superb because I don't want to be 'ON IT' every time I drive my car

If you are going to de GTS a GTS with an interior and bodykit that you could fit to a 4S then keep the 4S.
Otherwise you are paying a lot of money for 1 more digit on the back. G and T instead of 4.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag

I cannot tell the difference between the cars in terms of handling and performance.
Perhaps if I was at the 'Ring with an instructor I might be able to notice the increased power
and improved handling of 21 wheels and PTV. Alas I am a mere mortal without a BRDC license and I have not been carting since I was 9 months old nor do I have cohones the size of watermelons.
Neither made me nauseous like my mates Turbo S where you can tell a real difference.

Take your pick

Buy a GTS anyway
The difference is in the detail. The Alcantara interior and Sports wheel over 18 way seats is included and make the GTS a much nicer place to be. The exterior all black details and RS wheels over pale colour with unique GTS body kit make the car look better than my 4S on the outside too.
The only thing I paid to add over my 4S was ACC which is superb because I don't want to be 'ON IT' every time I drive my car

If you are going to de GTS a GTS with an interior and bodykit that you could fit to a 4S then keep the 4S.
Otherwise you are paying a lot of money for 1 more digit on the back. G and T instead of 4.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

Take your pick

Buy a GTS anyway

I‘m also a mover into a GTS and the big difference for me compared to the 4S is range! It’s a lot lower in the GTS. Yes I know it’s winter, but al the same, less than 200 miles is not what I expected. Nothing close to what Porsche say it should be. . . . .

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I‘m also a mover into a GTS and the big difference for me compared to the 4S is range! It’s a lot lower in the GTS. Yes I know it’s winter, but al the same, less than 200 miles is not what I expected. Nothing close to what Porsche say it should be. . . . .
100% agree - 21' wheels but software upgrade??? - Range disappointingly less than 4S

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
For that reason and more I will have a CT 4S next time
The only GTS extras I would add to a 4S after sampling the 20k (over a 4S) of GTS extras would be
(Big battery standard on CT)
18 way
Vegan interior for max Alcantara
20' wheels
Matrix Lights
Black trim windows and badge

Plus
ACC
Mirrors
Rear airbags

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I looked at ordering a GTS but frankly could not justify it. The 4S is fast enough, handles superbly on 21 in wheels and I really am not a fan of alcantara (AKA Race Tex but we know!!)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I looked at ordering a GTS but frankly could not justify it. The 4S is fast enough, handles superbly on 21 in wheels and I really am not a fan of alcantara (AKA Race Tex but we know!!)
Absolutely the right decision if you don't like Alcantara. Thousands to change from CT4S to GTS then disguise the GTS as a 4S.
Also as you like dark colours your CT4S looks better with the standard silver trim of 4S windows and skirts with the silver roof rails.
The only real value to you of a GTS over CT4S is 18 way seats and Matrix lights
Sponsored