H20

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga; MG Midget; Ford Transit Connect
Country flag
I've run 911's for 25 years and last was a Panamera and this Taycan is amazing.

Not only would I not go back to a 911 but I wouldn't go back to an engine.

It needs driven with respect and the 2nd gear is only crashy when you're driving on a track which is not for me.

I like a long distance sports car and the Taycan is it for me; end of.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
and the camera resolution will be fixed with an update
I'd love this to be true - do you know anything in this space - or are you hoping for an improvement in future/current software updates?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@H20 once you go electric there is no going back!! it's a common outcome for people making the transition - my only remaining ICE's are recreational in nature (GT3 & Boxster S) all other DD's are EV.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I have spoken to a few Taycan owners as I am waiting on my order and am getting mixed reviews on ownership. Some are saying that it just didn't have the wow factor they were hoping it would. What are your thoughts? Any bothered by the backup camera size? How about the lurching of the 2 gear system? Any thoughts as I am on the fence as to waiting until the bugs get worked out and sticking with another 911 or taking the plunge. Any insight is much appreciated.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've gone from a 991.1 CS to 991.2 Turbo S and on to Taycan TS. This car is incredible and match the 911s in performance with ease, ok it's not as dexterous as a 911 but it can carry the family and all their belongings with comfort, it weighs more than a ton more than a new 911. I was waiting for the next gen 911 to be a hybrid which would be ideal but this in-between is incredible. Also bear in mind this a performance car first and foremost then a tech car a far second vs Tesla which is tech car first and far second a car I know because I have Tesla too. The electronics are a little complicated but not a big issue as I want a car and not an iPhone, two gripes that I have are getting in and out of the car, the B pillar is too far back and you have to do the lambada to get out ( I'm 6'5") and second is the Homelink garage opener my 911 did a far better job at triggering the garage opener then the Taycan can seem to do!! Absolutely no show stopper in getting this car if you have the option.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
This week my Taycan was in the shop due to a minor parking mishap, but that is another story. Anyway, I went back to gas cars for the week, some of which are almost as quick as the Taycan on paper. However, the difference between the instant torque of the electric motor and having to shift down two gears to hit peak torque on the gas engine is like night and day. The gas cars feel like they are standing still.

I also really like the balance between performance and comfort in the Taycan. I have owned a number of sports cars that punished you every time you hit a minor road imperfection. In Colorado the roads are far from perfect due to our extreme weather. The Taycan soaks those imperfections up and lets you enjoy the performance without paying a big comfort tax.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I think all has been said for you. If you want the best EV driving machine right now then the Taycan is it.

But it is not perfect and no car is. at least in my opinion.

what you do need to understand though, is that and EV is another world and either you love the total experience and don’t care that there is major charging down time on trips and so on. or you hate this inconvenience and then should not get an EV yet.

For the comparison to the T cars you should not. They were made for different driving and use cases so if you want to do that then you should choose between a Polstar and a T car and not a Taycan... again in my opinion.

For me, the only “problem”with the Taycan at this point is its fairly finicky software that can act up in quite a few of the cars on the road at the moment, but trust us, that is a small caveat compared to the driving experience that this car can offer even at about 2.5 tons of materials!

If you are afraid of down time due to these caveats then I would wait another year for them to be solved, but then obviously the newness of the car will be gone and THAT wow factor probably as well if that is important to you.

PS I am long TSLA
Sponsored