Do you guys pay markup or MSRP for your Taycan?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Stevens Creek demanded $25k over for a GTS ST spot back in December 2021 - told them to not bother. In January 2022 I got on the list at Porsche Marin for the same delivery timeline, at MSRP. Drove an hour, would have saved 25 large.

(i ended up buying my CPO turbo off the lot and have been very happy as a result)
Sponsored

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
waitlisted at my dealership 9/2022. Paid $1000 deposit on 2/11/23. Allocation secured 2/27/23 with $4000 more. Msrp plus tax, delivery in may if no delays.
wow. what trim?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just curious about how everybody's experience of getting a Taycan.

From where I am, I was told from multiple dealerships to pay $15k to $20k USD for the markup due to the high demands when I was shopping around back in Nov. 2022.

Ofc, I wasn't that desperate to pay that much to the dealerships; however, I still paid some somehow a bit more reasonable "bribe" to a manager to secure an allocation.

How was you folks experience?
My second Taycan, Turbo, is at the Port in Germany as of 2 days ago. Both this one and my 2020 were sold at MSRP, not a penny over. Ray Catena Porche, NJ

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Paid MSRP, but got the first service included and some swag, so technically netted slightly under MSRP. It took some creative negotiating to get there. No trade-ins. Given it took me over a year to even find an unclaimed allocation, I'm satisfied with the deal.
Hows that going to work since your dealer is on the other side of the country?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Just curious about how everybody's experience of getting a Taycan.

From where I am, I was told from multiple dealerships to pay $15k to $20k USD for the markup due to the high demands when I was shopping around back in Nov. 2022.

Ofc, I wasn't that desperate to pay that much to the dealerships; however, I still paid some somehow a bit more reasonable "bribe" to a manager to secure an allocation.

How was you folks experience?
I got 2% off MSRP for a MY22 before the demand for the car peaked. That was around November 2021. They threw in a baseball cap.

There are many good alternatives to the Taycan (like the Audi E-tron) and I would buy one of those before I would pay anything above MSRP. You are not buying a piece of art or something else that will appreciate.

The premium on the car already provides sufficient profit for the supply chain and manufacturer so I would feel like I was being taken to the cleaners to pay one penny more.

utsteve98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I paid $3.5K under MSRP in Jan this year for a 22 GTS on the lot. Had a trade and a little negotiating got me KBB trade-in value for excellent condition car. So overall was very happy with my dealer.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
When it's time to take delivery, I expect them to hit me up with a bunch of add-ons. I'm pretty sure I'll have no issue turning them down merely for the fact that the well has run dry!
I’ve bought many cars in my life. Taycan was the only car ever where the dealer did not hit me up for any upsells at delivery time. I wouldn’t have bought any, I never do, perhaps they sensed it would have been fruitless, and saved everyone time? Not complaining by the way, it was nice to skip the closing paperwork ritual with all the upsells.

EDIT: Small correction, I also was not hit up for any closing upsells with any of my 4 Teslas I bought. Forgot about it at first as I was thinking dealer experiences.

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I’ve bought many cars in my life. Taycan was the only car ever where the dealer did not hit me up for any upsells at delivery time. I wouldn’t have bought any, I never do, perhaps they sensed it would have been fruitless, and saved everyone time? Not complaining by the way, it was nice to skip the closing paperwork ritual with all the upsells.
Oh that is so good to hear!! It's such a painful waste of time when you just want to get your keys.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
MSRP. Plus the dealer is requiring front half Xpel PPF, prepayment of the $750 two year replace the cabin air filter and look at stuff service.

They also tried to throw in a LoJack device and subscription but backed down when I asked exactly what that would offer that the built in PVTS didn't.

If it were up to us, we'd have skipped the PPF as well, I understand they're looking at two to three year resale value though. It's a car we intend to keep for a decade or more and if Porsche can't paint a car well enough for the finish to last they're a lesser car company than they want me to believe.

Now if I could convince my wife to get her new car painted to match Janis Joplin's 356, then yeah, PPF for sure.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If it were up to us, we'd have skipped the PPF as well, I understand they're looking at two to three year resale value though. It's a car we intend to keep for a decade or more and if Porsche can't paint a car well enough for the finish to last they're a lesser car company than they want me to believe.
The dealer doesn’t give a rat’s ass about your resale value. They get a cut off your ppf price. It’s just another upsale, no different than the lojack or other things they tried to push on you. Even the first year service you prepaid, is just an upsale - did they give you a universal PCNA pre-paid service good at any dealer, or is that service good only at their dealership (i.e. they cut Porsche out of the loop, keeping all the profit)?

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
There are two dealers in the Phoenix AZ USA area. In January 2022, Porsche North Scottsdale wanted a US$20,000 markup for an RWD allocation. Porsche Chandler had no markup and a lower sales tax rate than Scottsdale. I went with Porsche Chandler.
Sponsored